Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th February 2010, 19:43   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
According to my dealer (when I bought mine in December), HondaAssure covers 90% of the cost of the plastics inside the car. Check if this is true. If yes, then you should get HondaAssure, it is well worth it. Other insurance companies will cover only 50% of the cost.
The floor mats are standard. You can add either transparent like others did.
For anyone who is interested in knowing the details on HONDA ASSURE

I got this info from the Dealer on what is Honda Assure exactly. Seems more like less hassels than advantages. Plastics is a wrong word used. Please read the exact content on what is covered and what is not.

Quote:
Objective

To provide our customers reliable and superior insurance services to enhance the joy of owning Honda car, increase dealer profitability and protect workshop business from any potential threat due to changing business environment.

Benefits/Features of Honda Assure for Customer

1. Instant Policy Issuance

Customer need not to wait for the policy document for which Insurance Companies were taking time of one month or so for delivering to the customer after giving the cover note. Although the cover note validity is for 60 days but still customer has to go through the legal hassle in claim settlement. Honda Assure policy is being issued through internet immediately.

2. Nearly Cashless Repairs

All Honda Dealerships will provide the nearly cashless repair facility to all Honda vehicles customers for claim settlement. Customer has to pay excess (fixed as per tariff according to the cubic capacity of the vehicle) and applicable depreciation depending upon the age of the vehicle.

3. Seamless Services Across Country

Customer can get all the services like new car policy, renewal of the policy, endorsements and claim settlement at any Honda Dealer Workshop across the country. The services cover right from policy issuance to emergency assistance to post accident repairs and claim settlement.

4. Tension-free & Transparent Claim Settlement

The claim settlement under Honda Assure is fare and transparent (liability of the customer is as per standard is admissible by Insurance Company and fair clarification of the parts and their labor rates. It means customer is not forced to pay the undue cost of repair/replacement.

5. Quality Repair at Honda Dealerships

Honda Dealer workshops are equipped with the best facilities and infrastructure which leads to quality repair with genuine spare parts and trained manpower in the workshops, customer need not to compromise on the quality of the repair for the health of his car.

Features of Honda Assure

1. TAT

a) The Turn around time for surveyor appointment is 4-6 hours.
b) TAT for pre-inspection of the vehicle is 4 hours for any break in insurance.

2. Spare Parts and Labor Rates

a) All electrical parts like ECM, Radiator, various sensors, motors, actuators, wiring harness, headlight assembly etc. are to be treated as “other parts” where the depreciation depends upon the age of the vehicle METAL (calculation of metal part) & not as plastic which is being practiced by insurance companies for normal insurance.
b) Consumable to be given by insurance companies. Whereas for normal insurance customer is required to pay for consumables.
c) All rates of spare parts and labor will be charged from Insurance Companies as per rates prescribed by HSCI.
d) Survey can be done by Dealership incase of replacement of wind screen (if the loss estimate is less than Rs.20,000/-) but dealer has to complete all formalities related to file and send to Insurance Company for claim settlement.
hrmanju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:54   #107
BANNED

Can you comment on 'Cell'/ or any Satellite device (such as built-in GPS in your mobile/GPS itself) reception as I read that RE series of films causes interruption to the signal.. Did you observe any such thing.

Thx.
niv26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
For anyone who is interested in knowing the details on HONDA ASSURE
Thanks for posting this, makes things clear about Honda Assure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Can you comment on 'Cell'/ or any Satellite device (such as built-in GPS in your mobile/GPS itself) reception as I read that RE series of films causes interruption to the signal.. Did you observe any such thing.

Thx.
Apart from my cellphone, I am yet to use any other GPS/ satellite device in my car. Regarding the feedback corresponding to cellphone communication, you can:

Read a reply by T-BHP user @neotraveller here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1716217 (Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver)

And a reply by yours truly here(see my answer to point 4):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1716306 (Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver)
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 16:14   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

I am not sure if the dealer will offer to install any sun film on the front windscreen at all in the free accessories package. On the sides and rear, Honda dealers usually put 3M(CS or RE series), but do find out from your particular dealer. So, my advise would be that if the sides and rear are offered for free and are of 3M make, you can go with that. On the front windscreen, its better to get it done outside.
Can anyone please confirm if installing a sun film on the front windscreen causes any vision issues if driving with polaroid sun-glasses ? In my current Zen, if I look through the sun films on my side windows, I can see darker spots as if in a pattern. I am not sure if this is because of a cheap quality sun film (I think it was gaware 5 years ago).

Regards
Manumani
manumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 18:25   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Can anyone please confirm if installing a sun film on the front windscreen causes any vision issues if driving with polaroid sun-glasses ? In my current Zen, if I look through the sun films on my side windows, I can see darker spots as if in a pattern. I am not sure if this is because of a cheap quality sun film (I think it was gaware 5 years ago).

Regards
Manumani
I am not sure of the reason for your bad experience.

In out old Santro, I never had issues with the sun control films. And at that time, I used to make use of sun glasses too.

Most of the time, the actual issue is with bad installation of the film rather than inferior quality.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 11th February 2010 at 18:26.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:04   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure of the reason for your bad experience.

In out old Santro, I never had issues with the sun control films. And at that time, I used to make use of sun glasses too.

Most of the time, the actual issue is with bad installation of the film rather than inferior quality.
Hmm. I'll have to check again. I thought I saw similar issues through almost everyone else's car's sun control films too. Will double check. I thought maybe this is an issue with polarized sunglasses, that cut glare at certain angles. Will check with different cars and non-polarized sunglasses too. Can't afford to mess up the windscreen.

Regards
Manumani
Old 15th February 2010, 12:58   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Can't afford to mess up the windscreen.

Regards
Manumani
Certainly Manumani,

Do let us know of your findings regarding the same. It would be interesting to know.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 15th February 2010, 15:05   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly Manumani,

Do let us know of your findings regarding the same. It would be interesting to know.

Regards,
Kalyan
Did some researching (google baba) on the net, and found some interesting articles. Reproducing links below

Toughened glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Above article says that this is because of toughened glass used in the windows and windscreen, and can be observed through polarized glasses.

Found other threads on the net too where people have reported seeing patterns in tinted glass through polarized sunglasses.

Car window tint - Orlando - Florida (FL) - Page 3 - City-Data Forum
Old 15th February 2010, 15:41   #114
BHPian

Surprisingly, no one from the Forum has reported this yet. Curiously, the patterns are visible only when you look at the glass from an angle, now when you are looking right at it. This implies, that if you have a tint on your windscreen, you should not have any problems looking right through it, but might see some patterns if you are looking through the windscreen on your left side, you might see patterns.

Can someone who has installed tints on their front windscreen, check using polarized glasses and confirm ?

Regards
Manumani
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:32   #115
BHPian

Default Update: Second free service @1650 kms

This time Pride Honda guys called me, in-fact they had called me as early as second week of March, I asked them to call back at the end of the third week when our ANHC is due for its second free service. A complimentary (I think we are charged for this in other ways, read the post and look at the invoice for further details !) pickup and drop service was provided. The driver was very prompt and the car reached the service station in about 50 minutes and it was only 17 kms apart and not 22 kms as I had always assumed.

The Service Advisor(SA) called me as soon as he received the car to know if I had any complaints. I reported the only issue I faced, the horn. The problem dated back to the first free service, it was tuned but felt the same as earlier (long presses of the horn resulted in it going out of tune). This time he promised to have it replaced under warranty. Both the low and the high horns were promptly replaced. It costs about Rs 1,750.00 for a new stock horn excluding the labor expenses.

The SA advised against oil change as the car had only travelled about 1650 kms but I insisted on having it done. Fortunately, my service station only uses mineral oil for City as of now. I was of the assumption that they'd change the oil filter too but I found out later that they didn't. My bad, I should have insisted on that. As a policy, Honda service stations change oil only every 5,000 kms(or 6 months) and oil and filter every 10,000.00 kms(or 1 year).

The delivery of the car was promised at around 5 PM and it was fairly prompt taking into consideration the traffic density in the evenings. I was satisfied with the internal and external cleaning of the vehicle and gave them good ratings on the feedback form. They chose not to touch-up the minor scratches on the front bumper. I might request for a touch-up job in my next free service. The total cost of my car's second free service came to Rs 1,028.00.

I had read in other ownership reports that the driving experience/ mileage, etc of ANHC improved after the second service. Hope, I feel some improvements myself in a few days. Not that I am complaining with how things are at present.

Coming to my observation, if you notice my first and the second service invoices, there is this distinct column which reads 'CONSUMBLES --> CONSUMBLES --> REPLACE' billed for around Rs 150.00 under the labor cost column. Everything from distilled water to washer liquid is billed separately, under parts. I thus wonder/ assume that this Rs 150.00 is the charge for the complimentary pick-up and drop facility.

The invoice is attached at the end of this report. Sorry about the bad quality, I tried thrice but this was the best I could manage.

Mods, kindly update the title to reflect "Update: Second free service".
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-2nd-service.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 20:00   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I was of the assumption that they'd change the oil filter too but I found out later that they didn't. My bad, I should have insisted on that. As a policy, Honda service stations change oil only every 5,000 kms(or 6 months) and oil and filter every 10,000.00 kms(or 1 year).
Kalyan,
Even I got my second service done at 2.7k Kms, they changed the oil(Mineral, although they insisted to switch to Honda synthetic oil), If I can recall reading the service manual there is no filter change in the second service

Quote:
Coming to my observation, if you notice my first and the second service invoices, there is this distinct column which reads 'CONSUMBLES --> CONSUMBLES --> REPLACE' billed for around Rs 150.00 under the labor cost column. Everything from distilled water to washer liquid is billed separately, under parts. I thus wonder/ assume that this Rs 150.00 is the charge for the complimentary pick-up and drop facility.
Did you not ask them what was this charged for? If it's for pickup/drop then it's 50% cheaper than bangalore. I wonder if why.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:
The total cost of my car's second free service came to Rs 1,028.00.
Does Honda give you an option to choose whether you prefer synthetic or mineral oil ? In my case, they have used synthetic oil and hence my second "free" service cost came to 2128.
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Does Honda give you an option to choose whether you prefer synthetic or mineral oil ? In my case, they have used synthetic oil and hence my second "free" service cost came to 2128.
In my case Dakshin gave me an option and I sticked to mineral.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
The oil option between syntetic and mineral was given to me by Magnum. However they wouldn't put any other oil that is purchased outside. For instance if you opt for synthetic oil you don't have an option to choose b/w the widely available brands in the market but to stick to Honda recommended Honda synthetic oil only. I had a big arguement on this with the SA customer relationship manager in Magnum as well as Dakshin Honda guys, according to them, I can get oil outside but Honda will not fill it for us which indirectly means that any consequences deriving out of it, Honda will not be responsible.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 22nd March 2010 at 20:28.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:28   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
In my case Dakshin gave me an option and I sticked to mineral.
does filling in a synthetic oil means oil change interval is increased ? Normally, for city, i think oil change is for every 5000 kms, but, with synthetic oil, which has more engine life, is it still recommended to change oil every 5k kms?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote