Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th January 2010, 20:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Delhi Members,
I want to buy transparent plastic mats and anti-skid trunk mat for the City. Please suggest some good dealer/shop name to buy.
Although I am not a Delhi member, I thought I wanted to comment on this.
I bought plastic (Synthetic Polymer), Make: MGT. When I enquired in the Honda Dealer they were charging me 1.5K for the same mat, I enquired outside for the same brand and same quality, they charged me 750 Rs. In the meantime I went to check out the new Reliance Autozone, they had some 50% discount on all mats and I got the same brand for Rs. 500

The problem with the free size mats is that you have to trim the front mats to fit on the floor. These mats are slightly bigger. The rear one's are okay.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 22:03   #17
BHPian

Congrats on becoming a proud owner of City. Infact , I too entered ANHC club on Dec 15 (2 days after you took the delivery). But, you seems to have reached the 1000 km mark, where as I am still in my 400s. Good mileage for this engine. Enjoy the city
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 23:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Although I am not a Delhi member, I thought I wanted to comment on this.
I bought plastic (Synthetic Polymer), Make: MGT. When I enquired in the Honda Dealer they were charging me 1.5K for the same mat, I enquired outside for the same brand and same quality, they charged me 750 Rs. In the meantime I went to check out the new Reliance Autozone, they had some 50% discount on all mats and I got the same brand for Rs. 500

The problem with the free size mats is that you have to trim the front mats to fit on the floor. These mats are slightly bigger. The rear one's are okay.
Thank you Jayanth for this valuable information. I did not have any idea other than the dealer. I was thinking of asking the dealer tomorrow. Now, I will go and check in the Reliance autozone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Congrats on becoming a proud owner of City. Infact , I too entered ANHC club on Dec 15 (2 days after you took the delivery). But, you seems to have reached the 1000 km mark, where as I am still in my 400s. Good mileage for this engine. Enjoy the city
Hi Jocherian, Thank you and I took the car for a long drive to Chandigarh and covered 700 kms. Hence, I could finish that mileage within a month. I really enjoy driving this car. It has a very smooth acceleration from any speed. I also went through your review on ANHC and I enjoyed very much reading through.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 12:36   #19
BHPian

Hi all,
I got the transparent PVC floor mats from an independent car accessories shop (costed Rs. 500; Thanks Jayanth for your suggestion). Now, I am looking for two more accessories for my Honda City.
1. Trunk plastic mat. Are pre-made mats available for ANHC? I asked the same shop (where I bought the mats) and was told that he has to cut the PVC mat (from the roll) depending on the trunk size. (costs Rs. 450)
2. Rear sun shade. I also checked for this one and he showed a nice beige color sun shade (costs Rs. 400). But he has to screw them on the rear, which I am not interested to make any holes on the plastic and on the roof. I asked if he has any shade which has the suction cups which does not require to make any holes. He does not have it and told it is not available anywhere. Does any one know, if it is available in the market? Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 12th January 2010 at 12:39. Reason: There were grammer/spelling mistakes
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 16:28   #20
BHPian

you should get it man with the suction cups. I have seen it in many cars with the rear sun shades.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote