Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2010, 10:53   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats pretty usual in Bangalore. Good that things are sorted out now.
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 14:21   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post

Very sad to hear about the bonnet and doors replaced on ur car. Share more about how you got it replaced? claimed insurence?
Jayanth & Kalyan,

Bonnet incident.

I have goods autos visiting my office everyday to pick & delivery products to my buyers. Somebody had banged the bonnet. The car had a deadly depression right above the 'H' logo. We found that the color of the vehicle which had hit the car is green, but the autos coming to my office are only green, so who banged my car

R H Rear door Incident.

I was just waiting for my friend on a street in jayanagar 4th T block. A two wheeler just came from nowhere & rammed the door. I asked him to pay for the difference amount of the insurance. Most of the recovery job from this guy was done by my office guys, since i am too uncomfortable doing these things. One of my guys had taken custody of his two wheeler till he settled the amount, i believe.

Yes, i did claim the insurance. 12k and 16k were the claims. However i am not satisfied with the result they gave with the door replacement. The work inside is very shabby & very very ordinary. Not upto Honda's name and quality. Very sad that Honda has given representation to guys who are not quality conscious.

i was a little bogged down after these incidents, since my other cars & bikes have never had an accident till now. But felt that the life is not worth being worried about things which are not in our control, so just carrying on.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 17th April 2010 at 14:35.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 19:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
However i am not satisfied with the result they gave with the door replacement. The work inside is very shabby & very very ordinary. Not upto Honda's name and quality. Very sad that Honda has given representation to guys who are not quality conscious.

i was a little bogged down after these incidents, since my other cars & bikes have never had an accident till now. But felt that the life is not worth being worried about things which are not in our control, so just carrying on.

Sorry to read about these events. ofcourse they are beyond your control.
so forgive, forget and get on with the life

which workshop you got the job done ? did you feedback to them about you not being satisfied, did you fill any customer satisfaction form ?
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 12:32   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
which workshop you got the job done ? did you feedback to them about you not being satisfied, did you fill any customer satisfaction form ?
I agree, I think it's extremely important to voice you dissatisfaction vociferously. You have all rights to be a satisfied customer after having caughed up so much money for the repair leave alone the psycological dent that one needs to cope with, which is priceless.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 15:16   #140
BHPian

Default Exterior beautification done

I've been thinking to do the paint protection treatment done for sometime and I could get the work done at my door step today. Sharing the process involved with pictures.

What is it called?
Exterior paint protection

The process..

I fixed an appointment a day before and the team was at my door with all their equpment at sharp 7:00AM

1. Firstly, they covered all the joints and the glass area with tape and paper respectively to avoid fine dust that comes out during machine polish. I think this is very important as it's very difficult to clean the joints.
2. The car was cleaned using 3M cloth
3. Applied rubbing compount (3M High Gloss Fine Rubbing Compound)
4. They buffed the applied area with the buffer
5. They then applied sealant (Waxoyl make)
6. Buffed the entire paint surface to ensure the sealant is in place.
7. Applied liquid wax (3M Premium Liquid Wax) and buffed again
8. Removed all the tape and paper and did a final inspection.

How to check the quality of work?
Gently rub your opposite side of the palm on the entire paint surface and it should glide on the surface smoothly without feeling a sense of prickyness or hardness.

Happy with the work?
I really liked the special care they showed by doing inspection at every stage and where ever the surface felt rough they buffed the area again.

Which autocare agency?
SKB Autocare (SKB AUTO CARE)
Contact Person: Mukunda @ 9845326688

It seems Mukunda worked with Navneet Motors (Authorized dealers of BMW in Bangalore) at body and shop and decided to run his own business.

I was promised by Mukund that he would do one more round of waxing after 6 months free of cost.

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0147.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0149.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-picture-002.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-picture-006.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-picture-007.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-picture-008.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-picture-012.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 19:28   #141
BHPian

Jayanth after reading this whole thread I was wondering whether you went for the headlight upgrade or not?

If you have gone for it pls inform us the model and its feed back in the high ways after you upgrade.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 19:43   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Jayanth after reading this whole thread I was wondering whether you went for the headlight upgrade or not?

If you have gone for it pls inform us the model and its feed back in the high ways after you upgrade.
Sathyaprakash,
I was initially thinking about it, after doing few night journeys in not so well lit Bangalore-Shimoga highway, I thought the stock lights were good enough when they are used with fog lamps. The answer is I didn't go with the upgrade.

I believe nandans2005 and shamanth have upgraded to the philips rally bulbs. So I will let them answer your question
Old 18th April 2010, 20:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jayanth

How much this exterior treatment cost you ?
Old 18th April 2010, 20:27   #144
BHPian

I believe nandans2005 and shamanth have upgraded to the philips rally bulbs. So I will let them answer your question[/quote]

I just want to know the difference between philips rally bulbs & extreme, as both are used by our members i would like them to share there experience and a comparison between them
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 21:25   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I believe nandans2005 and shamanth have upgraded to the philips rally bulbs. So I will let them answer your question

I just want to know the difference between philips rally bulbs & extreme, as both are used by our members i would like them to share there experience and a comparison between them
May be you can PM them to get a quick answer. Srinivas and Shamanth please help Sathyaprakash if you're tuned in

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 18th April 2010 at 21:40.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:31   #146
BHPian

Jayanth,

Yes buddy, i have given my feedback to sathya.

You car shines, really shines like the one & the only Rajinikanth !!!

Star,

Both the jobs were done at the Magnum Honda. The shabbiness of the second job outshined the shabbiness of the first job.

had been to Toronto recently on business. It so happened that i visited the mercedes to get my friend's car serviced. She gave them few issues to be addressed. I was blown just seeing the car washed after the service. The interiors of the car were just like new. All the issues were cleared off.

These guys are years ahead. We need to learn a lot from these guys. I am pissed off really, since each time i visit any of the dealers here, i get reminded of what i saw abroad.

Forms are not worth it, though i did fill it in.

My thunderbird has started seeing more dust , since i have started using more of her after these incidents though.

Sathya,

You are absolutely right. I have done the upgrade.It 90/100 rally. The change is remarkable.i can drive better now.It cost me 1.2k. I am thinking of further upgrade, thought not in the near future.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 18th April 2010 at 21:38.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
had been to Toronto recently on business. It so happened that i visited the mercedes to get my friend's car serviced. She gave them few issues to be addressed.

I was blown just seeing the car washed after the service. The interiors of the car were just like new. All the issues were cleared off.

These guys are years ahead. We need to learn a lot from these guys. I am pissed off really, since each time i visit any of the dealers here, i get reminded of what i saw abroad.

Forms are not worth it, though i did fill it in.
Never try to compare what is outside India (e.g. US) vs what is in India
that becomes basis of stress, dis-satisfaction, anger, sulking, etc etc.
just imagine one thing, the cost of a particular goods/service is x here, it costs ~45x in US.

Where as the cost of making the goods/service remains more or less same or at max 4x or 5x. With such high margins one can certainly invest in better infrastructure/process/methods to deliver superior satisfaction.

Secondly the volumes in US are several times higher than those in India. Hence the return on investment is faster and hence more attractive to investment.

in other word, i do not think anyone would pay for a US level of service in india when it costs 40 times what it costs. e.g. a Washing/Cleaning job costing 40 x 250 RS = 10000 RS (200$).
Old 19th April 2010, 10:02   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Sathyaprakash,
I was initially thinking about it, after doing few night journeys in not so well lit Bangalore-Shimoga highway, I thought the stock lights were good enough when they are used with fog lamps. The answer is I didn't go with the upgrade.

I have installed Hella Relay Kit(Complete Kit with ceramic Holders for Bulb) and Philips Rally 90/100W. Now driving on highway is a so easy at night, and most will respect you and put on low beam when you flash. Earlier i used to struggle when opposite vehicle comes with 90/100W bulbs with high beam, without fog lamps it almost blinds you.

If you want to install 100/130W you can install on same relay kit. But people are still debating if 100/130W will affect your reflector. But 90/100W its been proven no issues with any cars.

You get the upgrade from 55/60W to 90/100W for around Rs 1000-1100(Relay Rs 800+ Bulb Rs300). Where as philips extreme or Osram Night Breaker 55/60W are costly and has lower life than philips Rally or equivalent 90/100W bulbs. The best 55/60W bulbs Osram NB costs you around Rs 1800 where as a pair of Philips rally will cost around Rs 250-300 and yet Philips Rally with relay gives you far better quality light.

Last edited by shamanth : 19th April 2010 at 10:06.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 11:00   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jayanth

How much this exterior treatment cost you ?
It costed me 2.5k including 2 bikes (Honda Activa and Pulsar)
Old 19th April 2010, 11:06   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Never try to compare what is outside India (e.g. US) vs what is in India
that becomes basis of stress, dis-satisfaction, anger, sulking, etc etc.
just imagine one thing, the cost of a particular goods/service is x here, it costs ~45x in US.

Where as the cost of making the goods/service remains more or less same or at max 4x or 5x. With such high margins one can certainly invest in better infrastructure/process/methods to deliver superior satisfaction.

Secondly the volumes in US are several times higher than those in India. Hence the return on investment is faster and hence more attractive to investment.

in other word, i do not think anyone would pay for a US level of service in india when it costs 40 times what it costs. e.g. a Washing/Cleaning job costing 40 x 250 RS = 10000 RS (200$).
Star,

There is nothing wrong in comparing the same job done by two individuals, where you see a marked difference between the two.

For example, It doesnt cost a million dollar infrastructure to wash a car properly. i do a better job at home using my Bosch aquatek than the authorised service centres. Its all about attitude towards doing a job. When a basic thing like washing is not done properly, what else can you expect from these guys i meant to say.

Whenever i leave the car for something, the car comes with an additional scratch on it.

i have seen guys in this forum complaining of improper washing, which is a very basic thing.

One fact is sure that they are many many years ahead. we need to change many things to reach to their levels. we have the potential for sure.