Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th August 2010, 16:20   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Kalyan,
I know you got your horn replaced, are you also left with panel gaps? Any idea guys as to
TBHPians,
what's my next coarse of action should be? Suggestions please
There is a panel gap on my car just like the one in your photograph. I will post a photograph of my ANHC's panel gap in a day or two.

I was always of the opinion that this(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1678027 (Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver)) incident left that gap.

I investigated further and found out that this(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1713791 (Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver)) photo proves that the above incident did not create this gap to an extent noticeable on the car now. The said photograph was taken sometime in February, 2010 and the car went for its 2nd free service on the 22nd of March when the horn was replaced.

I cannot be sure but if I were to corroborate with evidence, I can say that this gap started to be evident since the replacement of the horn.

The replacement horn was fine until the 3rd free service when it was serviced again. And now I find the issue to recur frequently. I will ask for a replacement during the next service of my car.

As for what options you have to get the panel gap corrected, I say you read this post(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2020596 (At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City)) by StarVegabond and ask your A.S.S guys to do the same to solve this issue. And ofcourse, you do not pay for it as it was their fault.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 16th August 2010 at 16:26.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 16:28   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
StarVB is there any gap on you bumper with the recent updates you done on it?

Iam surprised to hear Honda said it can't be fixed any further
Whitefield Honda told me 3 times that they can not fix the gap and i need to replace the headlamp assembly.

But this time the Service Advisor was bit more innovative it seems.
he manged to fix it at a cost of RS 600 only instead of relacing the whole headlight assembly.

i have updated my ownership thread with the picture of the gap before and after the fixing.

Hi Jayant,

the Agumbe Ghat looks fantastic. BTW, thanks for info about Guddattu.
It appear your son is already in his dreams just like what is mentioend on his shirt.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 16th August 2010 at 16:37.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 16:31   #228
BHPian

Jayanth,

As Kalyan said, get this rectified. It's pitty to see that fixing one causes another issue. But as long as it's their fault they need to fix it.

I had an unfortunate incident, where Santro banged from behind on Mysore road. Magnum straight away said they can't fix it and needs a replacement.

Where as Dakshin could fix it up, not completely but it solved the purpose.

Cheers
Raghu

Last edited by raghu230506 : 16th August 2010 at 16:32.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 10:00   #229
BHPian

Thanks Kalyan for the info
StarVB,
I saw those pictures where the gaps are being rectified. The irony is, they removed the left side of the front bumper to replace the faulty horn, I noticed a gap which was almost an inch and demanded it to be rectified. They tell me sir it's normal, I had to show them the right hand side bumber and put it straight that it was not normal. By this time there was no gap in the right side bumber. They asked me to wait for a while, by this time they would have tried to remove the entire bumber and fix all over again, although the gap came down from 1 inch to 3-4mm it left the same amount of gap on the right side as well. Huh..to fix something they have been spoiling things in series. Now I am really scared to ask them to do anything.
When I questioned the Service Manager, Joseph, he tells me that nothing can be done and that is the best finish they can give since it is nature of plastic. What the heck!, I dialed in Honda one2one today and have registered a complaint. Let's wait and see what is the outcome.

I really feel that I could've lived with a faulty horn.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 11:17   #230
BHPian

Default Update after the complaint to Honda One 2 One

As a follow up after my complaint with Honda One 2 One, I got a call from Joseph from Magnum Honda asking about my concern. I told him that StarVB was able to get the bumper gap fixed in WF honda and asked him why you can't fix it. He tried to rub it off saying may be that this gap existed even before . Nice way to get away from their mistake eh? I said I can show you pictures of the car before leaving it for service. After that he said okay sir bring the car we'll look into it.
Gosh! I am really not comfortable leaving the car as they have a history of spoiling something in order to fix one thing. I have told him very clearly that my car doesn't have any problem, not even a rattle and better be in the same condition after it is taken for this fix. Let's hope they will be able to fix it and not spoil something else while doing so. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any suggestions guys?

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 18th August 2010 at 11:19.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:34   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions guys?
Is it possible for you to sit through at the workshop when this work is going on? Thats the best you could do.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:59   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Is it possible for you to sit through at the workshop when this work is going on? Thats the best you could do.
The last time when I left the car for horn change, I insisted that I will watch when it is being replaced. The service technicial kept asking me to sit inside, while I insisted to stay at the site. I found it to be very amusing, why don't they like me standing and watch when the work is done. After a while one guy comes and tells me "Saar hudguru bhaya padthaare saar customer idre, kelsa maadakke oppalla" - translates to "The technicians are scared to do the work when the customer is noticing" . Is it because they can't play around like they otherwise did with the car? Gosh! why on earth they don't want us to watch the activity when some work is going on in our car. This sounds very suspicious to me. They're behaving as though I am going to steal their "technical skills". This is not the first time I have seen, they want us to sit in the customer lounge, they put a transparent glass which they claim we can see, but the activity happens somewhere else. Is this true that they don't encourage customers to watch the repair work being done on their cars even at other service centers?

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 18th August 2010 at 17:03.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:11   #233
BHPian

Quote:
TIs this true that they don't encourage customers to watch the repair work being done on their cars even at other service centers?
The Hyundai service station I used to frequent when we owned a Santro did not have this issue. If insisted, they used to take us inside the workshop and let us watch through.

Never tried this at my Honda service station.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:23   #234
BHPian

I make it a point to see the work done on my car. On my second service for ANHC i made sure the old oil was drained completely by the mechanic. Once the SA was reluctant to allow me to see the job done on my car.I told him if i see that my car is being mishandled, driven fast or not clean after the job i will take you to task. On this he said sir you can watch your car being serviced.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 16:43   #235
BHPian

I finally got my bumber gap sorted out. I really appreciate Praveen (SA) in magnum for the special care he took to set this right. I gave a good feedback right away and he was extremely happy. I didn't forget to remind him that such prfofessionalism can go a long way in edging ahead of the competitor. (A vento??). I think it is equally important, we as customers to appreciate the good work done. I am going to provide good feedback about Praveen when Honda One2One calls for closure. I will post pics later.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 20th August 2010 at 16:45.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:42   #236
BHPian

Quote:
I finally got my bumber gap sorted out. I really appreciate Praveen (SA) in magnum for the special care he took to set this right. I gave a good feedback right away and he was extremely happy. I didn't forget to remind him that such prfofessionalism can go a long way in edging ahead of the competitor. (A vento??). I think it is equally important, we as customers to appreciate the good work done. I am going to provide good feedback about Praveen when Honda One2One calls for closure. I will post pics later.
Great to hear about this, Jayanth.

It would be nice if you could describe what was done to rectify this issue(If it was different from what was done on StarVB's car). I may need to tell my SA here the next time my car goes for service to do the same in order to resolve the panel gap on my car.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:29   #237
BHPian

Okay
What they did is, there was no lock damage or anything. It was just that the bumper was not fixed properly. They removed the bumper twice and fixed it in order to bridge the panel gap. What they tell me is that even if there is a slightest of impact on the bumper it would leave a gap. In my case there was no impact.

OT
Yesterday for the first time I loaded the car with 5 people and here are some of my obervations
1. The car becomes extremely vulnarable for scrubbing against the slightest of uneven/un-scientific hump. It was the first time I felt that this car was not designed for Indian roads, Bangalore in particular. I only pray that all such un-scientific humps are removed earlier than expected.

2. When cruising at about 100+ speed, I felt that car was bouncing like boat. May be it had to do with road? I don't know. I never felt that way before on NH4 when loaded with 4 people and luggage. BTW, this was on the new ring road (b/w Nayenahalli and Magadi).
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:36   #238
BHPian

Quote:
I really appreciate Praveen (SA) in magnum for the special care he took to set this right. I gave a good feedback right away and he was extremely happy.
Oh ! Glad to know that this Praveen fellow has gone through attitude change after the bashing i gave after he messed with my car. This guy had not even bothered to check if my car was properly done with when i had given it for 15 k service. i had to meet Joseph and give him a piece of my mind about the way these guys do the job.

i visited Magnum last week to get my car's underbelly reworked for antirust. This guy came running and was all over me to attend. but i ignored him since he had done loads of damage to my car.

I suggest, instead you consult Manjunath instead.

This is my take on this Praveen fellow though. Beware! he has a very very bad attitude. He is always busy getting the feedback form filled in his favour.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 23rd August 2010 at 20:41.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 12:56   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Okay
What they did is, there was no lock damage or anything. It was just that the bumper was not fixed properly. They removed the bumper twice and fixed it in order to bridge the panel gap. What they tell me is that even if there is a slightest of impact on the bumper it would leave a gap. In my case there was no impact.
Thanks Jayanth. Will check with my SA during the next service interval.

Quote:
1. The car becomes extremely vulnarable for scrubbing against the slightest of uneven/un-scientific hump. It was the first time I felt that this car was not designed for Indian roads, Bangalore in particular. I only pray that all such un-scientific humps are removed earlier than expected.
I agree that the car becomes more vulnerable to under-belly scrubbing with five people on board when compared with that of having two-three people in the car. At-least in Hyderabad, through the regular routes that I ply on, I haven't faced this scrubbing issue even with five people on board.

Quote:
2. When cruising at about 100+ speed, I felt that car was bouncing like boat. May be it had to do with road? I don't know. I never felt that way before on NH4 when loaded with 4 people and luggage. BTW, this was on the new ring road (b/w Nayenahalli and Magadi).
IMHO, a few things that could be related to this:

1. The road could be uneven, a very good example of this in Hyderabad is the PVNR Expressway on the way to the new Airport.

2. Your sitting position. Did you sit in your regular position?

Though, I strive to sit in the same(similar) position everyday, at times, the Vallet parking staff change the seat settings and its difficult for me to get back to my regular position till a couple of drives after. I have observed that during such times, I use more throttle giving the car a bouncy feel or less of it almost stalling the engine.

3. Did you get the car's tyre pressure checked recently, have they been over-filled by any chance?
Old 24th August 2010, 17:32   #240
BHPian

Quote:
2. Your sitting position. Did you sit in your regular position?

Though, I strive to sit in the same(similar) position everyday, at times, the Vallet parking staff change the seat settings and its difficult for me to get back to my regular position till a couple of drives after. I have observed that during such times, I use more throttle giving the car a bouncy feel or less of it almost stalling the engine.
My seating position was intact.

Quote:
3. Did you get the car's tyre pressure checked recently, have they been over-filled by any chance?
I usually get it checked and this time I couldn't since the pressure guage was not working. It is a valid point though. I will check that right away.