Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 10:50   #241
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default What a festive deal on the ANHC

One of my colleagues got an S-MT version of the ANHC and I must say what a deal it was, compared to the times that I bought in 2009 dec.
List of freebees
- 21k cash discount (this includes 7k corporate discount)
- 25k worth Insurance free (Anyway part of the festive offer)
- 6k worth door side protector
- 9k worth side step garnish
- 10k worth fog lamps (extra 10 was borne by the buyer)

I really envy this compared to 3m sun film and 5k corporate discount that was offered to me when I bought it
This is clearly the vento effect and the dealer agrees.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 8th November 2010 at 10:51.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 11:40   #242
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
One of my colleagues got an S-MT version of the ANHC and I must say what a deal it was, compared to the times that I bought in 2009 dec.
List of freebees
- 21k cash discount (this includes 7k corporate discount)
- 25k worth Insurance free (Anyway part of the festive offer)
- 6k worth door side protector
- 9k worth side step garnish
- 10k worth fog lamps (extra 10 was borne by the buyer)

I really envy this compared to 3m sun film and 5k corporate discount that was offered to me when I bought it
This is clearly the vento effect and the dealer agrees.
In total 71k of discount

Indeed it's the effect of the competition. Hope this continues.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 18:22   #243
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I really envy this compared to 3m sun film and 5k corporate discount that was offered to me when I bought it
This is clearly the vento effect and the dealer agrees.
I would think you're lucky you even got that 3M sun film for free when you bought your ANHC.

With great difficulty I got a body cover free-of-charge with my new Civic (July 2010) and it turns out that I didn't get the original Honda Civic cover from the looks of it. This was despite the Cruze already stealing sales from the Civic and the Corolla D-4D set to make an appearance at that time. Or maybe I just didn't bargain well :|.

However, Honda did offer insurance off (well, technically Re. 1/-) on the Civic in July and last I heard that particular scheme is still on and was extended to the City as well starting August, like you've noted.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 00:53   #244
BHPian
 
amitku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 77
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hi Jayanth,

In the starting of your thread, you had mentioned about the Noisy suspension. As I too have a ANHC VMT (Mar '10, 9000 on the odo) and have observed the the suspension to be noisy. I got it checked at the service centre, but no solution. Were you able to get a solution...?? Is your car quieter now..?
amitku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 22:26   #245
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well I heard the tyre noise to be suspension noise. It's the Good year that was causing the noise. Now there is no sucha problem
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:15   #246
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Need help on renewal of insurance

It's time to renew my insurance, I need help from the experts on what to expect on the renewal.
My previous insurance is from ICICI Lombard and the cost of which was 19686. I had no claims this year, various insurance vendors/agents have already started to bombard with their calls.
If I continue with ICICI Lombard with 20% of discount on no-claim bonus and online renewal discounts I am getting a quote as 12400 for IDV of 720000 (about 15% depreciation). Which is actually one of the lowest quotes I got thus far.
One of the agents gave me a quote of 11100/- from Reliance GIC with 3000/- worth of gift vouchers from Carnation (Jagdish Khattar). I enquired with carnations about how genuine the coupons are and they tell me that it is genuine. The coupons cover, basic health checkup, wheels balancing and allignment, polishing and cleaning etc. I am tempted to go with this. What do you guys suggest?

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 15th November 2010 at 10:22.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 18:18   #247
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Its a great deal.go ahead and take it as i had just renewed mine too with tata aig and got a premium of 16800 with diamond pack.
I have no knowledge of Reliance but personally stay away from reliance.this company is just after government kind when it comes to claims.no experience with ICICI so far.
please increase your IDV to the max possible as ur renewal amount is very less.mine came up to 730000 and ask for further additional discount.a dealer will have the ability to give you upto 40% from his side i guess.call up getit yellow pages and ask the numbers of the motor insurance agents and then they will start calling you up with regular follow ups.
edges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 20:40   #248
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 361
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
It's time to renew my insurance, I need help from the experts on what to expect on the renewal.
My previous insurance is from ICICI Lombard and the cost of which was 19686. I had no claims this year, various insurance vendors/agents have already started to bombard with their calls.
If I continue with ICICI Lombard with 20% of discount on no-claim bonus and online renewal discounts I am getting a quote as 12400 for IDV of 720000 (about 15% depreciation). Which is actually one of the lowest quotes I got thus far.
One of the agents gave me a quote of 11100/- from Reliance GIC with 3000/- worth of gift vouchers from Carnation (Jagdish Khattar). I enquired with carnations about how genuine the coupons are and they tell me that it is genuine. The coupons cover, basic health checkup, wheels balancing and allignment, polishing and cleaning etc. I am tempted to go with this. What do you guys suggest?
Hi Jayanth,

My car's insurance policy also expires in December this year and I was looking at getting the policy renewed.

Some colleagues have suggested against going for Reliance. I had personally been to Bajaj Allianz(considered to be the best amongst the lot at the moment), Tata AIG and ICICI Lombard. I got various quotation from the agents as follows; the common inclusions being: a 20% discount for no claims in the preceding year, third party premium Rs 800.00 and an Owner driver premium of Rs 100.00.

[Firm] [IDV] [Policy renewal Amount]

Bajaj 7,86,675.00 15,000.00 - 6/12 EMIs on Citibank Credit cards

Tata 7,50,000.00 15,000.00 (approx.) - No EMI facility
7,20,000.00 14,000.00 (approx.)
7,80,000.00 16,000.00 (approx.)

ICICI1 7,19,200.00 12,629.00 - 6/12 EMIs on Citibank/ ICICI/ HDFC Credit cards
ICICI2 7,94,750.00 13,328.00

ICICI1 - Generated through the link on the renewal notice email
ICICI2 - Generated at icicilombard.com online

I have had a good experience with ICICI Lombard in the past so I plan to go for renewal with ICICI.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 21:34   #249
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Hi Jayanth,

I got mine renewed from TATA AIG, IDV being 7,31,0000 and premium was around 16k as I don't have NCB.

I had Reliance last year, made two claims and it was hassle free. Looking at premium amount and 3k of goodies it's one anyone would incline to.

Cheers
Raghu
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 16:09   #250
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks Raghu and Kalyan for your input.
I am also tempted to go with Reliance considering the premium and the freebees. Looks like Raghu had good experience with Reliance, I will close it with them
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 18:30   #251
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 361
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Jayanth,

I got mine renewed from TATA AIG, IDV being 7,31,0000 and premium was around 16k as I don't have NCB.

I had Reliance last year, made two claims and it was hassle free. Looking at premium amount and 3k of goodies it's one anyone would incline to.

Cheers
Raghu
Raghu, good to know about your positive experience with Reliance. I might as-well consider them then. Did Reliance process a cashless claim with Honda service centers in your case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Thanks Raghu and Kalyan for your input.
I am also tempted to go with Reliance considering the premium and the freebees. Looks like Raghu had good experience with Reliance, I will close it with them
Jayanth, did you generate the quote online or through an agent?
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 18:39   #252
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Raghu, good to know about your positive experience with Reliance. I might as-well consider them then. Did Reliance process a cashless claim with Honda service centers in your case?

Jayanth, did you generate the quote online or through an agent?
Kalyan, it was cashless claims, I only had to pay for consumables which are not part of the policy rest was dealt directly between dealers and the agent.

Would also like to add, I didn't consider Reliance during renewal because of the quote I got them. Few weeks before the policy expiry received a letter which said the premium amount would be 27k which is 5k more than the actual premium I paid, reason given was NO NCB, I felt this is way too on the higher side. Didn't even call them to understand, as I felt no logic behind it.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 10:48   #253
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Jayanth, did you generate the quote online or through an agent?
Their online system is so bad, it simply doesn't work, infact none work. The only online insurance portal that I was able to generate a quote was from ICICI Lombard.

An agent contacted me, I bargained hard by pitting one against the other to get this deal
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:08   #254
BHPian
 
Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 108
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

jayanth_yk

My new ANHC also shows a double sounding horn when hard pressed. i doubt if this is a rust issue as my car is spanking new.
I think it must be a bad oem piece. Wondering if I could change it to a german " Fram- Fram" in the future.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 16:53   #255
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 361
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Kalyan, it was cashless claims, I only had to pay for consumables which are not part of the policy rest was dealt directly between dealers and the agent.

Would also like to add, I didn't consider Reliance during renewal because of the quote I got them. Few weeks before the policy expiry received a letter which said the premium amount would be 27k which is 5k more than the actual premium I paid, reason given was NO NCB, I felt this is way too on the higher side. Didn't even call them to understand, as I felt no logic behind it.
Thanks Raghu. 27k :o for renewal, I would have walked out of the deal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Their online system is so bad, it simply doesn't work, infact none work. The only online insurance portal that I was able to generate a quote was from ICICI Lombard.

An agent contacted me, I bargained hard by pitting one against the other to get this deal
Thanks Jayanth. I was able to generate online quotation for all except Tata AIG. I used Internet explorer when the quote generation failed via Chrome/ Firefox browsers. I got a quote of Rs 11,000.00 (approx.) from Reliance (Online) but there was no mention of the gift coupon(s). I will try calling-in an agent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
jayanth_yk

My new ANHC also shows a double sounding horn when hard pressed. i doubt if this is a rust issue as my car is spanking new.
I think it must be a bad oem piece. Wondering if I could change it to a german " Fram- Fram" in the future.
You are right, Lemon. There has been an issue with quite a few AHNC horns. But, I believe moving to the German 'Fram Fram' will be tough in case of ANHC due to the warranty clauses.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City mdsaab Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 472 25th May 2014 00:24
ANHC SMT or ANHC EMT with Caska HU alam86 Sedans 19 16th September 2013 15:59
My comprehensive BALENO ownership thread binz Long-Term Ownership Reviews 115 5th April 2013 07:17
Used Verna Diesel Buying experience and initial ownership report - 2 months, 7000 kms JLN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 28th March 2011 01:30
A comprehensive list of Cars and it's engines? bruce Technical Stuff 17 18th May 2007 23:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks