Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th December 2010, 20:56   #271
BHPian

Default Re: The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report

Though Vento is making an impact, I would think that City is the car to buy for petrol version. So we may need to wait to Etios to be available to see how Honda reacts. Etios may be positioned at Dezire and Manza price range, but I suspect some buyers (particularly those non-self driving owners) may shift to it as many people percieve Honda and Toyota as equals brandwise.
altius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 07:07   #272
BHPian

Hey jayanth yk!
Lovely thread you got here. Even we got the ANHC in Sept. Still havent had the opportunity to drive it though as I'm abroad studying. :( Can't wait to drive it in a few days as I return for a break!! Infact, our Honda is the same as yours! Bold-Beige metallic, V-MT.
Thanks for the insight into owning one. Now I'm really eager to test out the capabilities of the car! Had to think a lot before choosing the ANHC over the Vento. But I'm sure its a choice I won't regret this decision.
Cheers,
fordfreak
fordfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:42   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Not really, I've tried to haggle with all three dealers in Chennai and the discount they are offering is pathetic. But I went ahead with the purchase and delivery and registration is tomorrow. Though i'm buying the car but deep down I am for buying it.
It depends on how you pit the dealers against each other. It is possible to extract discount from them. Infact I was in the forefront of getting the deal for my colleague. Ofcourse being the Team BHP member counts the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Is it from Whitefield Honda?
Yes it is indeed from Whitefiled Honda. Firstly the war was b/w Dakshin and Magnum. Dakshin lost out and then it was between Magnum and Whitefiled. The battle lasted for a long time before Magnum sales guy withdrew himself saying I don't know how Whitefiled guy is able to offer such discount sir. I am giving up

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2010 at 09:54. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jayanth,

I have a VMT as well and need your help. I am up for the 3rd free service.

1st month ~ 1st service = 980 kms
3rd month ~ 2nd service = 2464 kms
6th month ~ 3rd service = 4100 kms ???

The car has been sparingly used, what do you guys recommend? Should I get the engine oil/filter changed? as it was changed before 2000 kms.

Any other consideration?

Best regards,
Sniper
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:29   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hi Jayanth,

The car has been sparingly used, what do you guys recommend? Should I get the engine oil/filter changed? as it was changed before 2000 kms.

Any other consideration?

Best regards,
Sniper
As per the service chart, at the 3rd free service (5000 km/6 month), they are bound to change the air filter and replace the engine oil.

Since the car is new, the change intervals for engine oil are frequent. After this, you would need to change only at 10k.

I'd suggest you get the air filter changed and engine oil replaced.

During my car's 2nd free service, I asked them to put a special detergent in the wiper water. It is around 80 bucks, cleans the glass better.

Apart from that, there was nothing else that I asked them to do.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:01   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jayanth,

Any other consideration?

Best regards,
Sniper
Hi Sniper,

Let SA decide, since your car has run pretty low from previous oil change. Put your thought to him, it really depends a lot on dealer to dealer and SA to SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
As per the service chart, at the 3rd free service (5000 km/6 month), they are bound to change the air filter and replace the engine oil.

Since the car is new, the change intervals for engine oil are frequent. After this, you would need to change only at 10k.

I'd suggest you get the air filter changed and engine oil replaced.

During my car's 2nd free service, I asked them to put a special detergent in the wiper water. It is around 80 bucks, cleans the glass better.

Apart from that, there was nothing else that I asked them to do.
Oil change at 10k is applicable only if you opt Synthetic else it's 5k/6months, that's what followed atleast in Bangalore. Though there are some exceptions from owners (very few on TBHP).
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:15   #277
Senior - BHPian

Even with 2k km on the new oil and 3 months between the service, I hope Honda SA doesn't press for change.

Any other consideration?
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:20   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Ultimately it is at your discretion. If you wouldn't want it to be changed, he won't.

If you don't do it, there's no "job" they'll run at the 3rd free service. Just routine general check-up and a wash.
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:28   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jayanth,

Any other consideration?

Best regards,
Sniper
Hi Sniper,

As Raghu suggested, leave this to the SA. My car(ANHC - V MT) is one year old now and has run only 6400 kms. The intervals I see on your car are pretty similar to that of mine.

During my ANHC's 2nd free service the SA recommended not to go for an oil change but I insisted on it. The same was the case during the 3rd free service as well. Since the filter was not changed earlier, I insisted on oil/ filter change during the 3rd free service too.

They recommended me to go back for a 4th paid service during the 9th month which I skipped. I got the 4th paid service at 1 year interval. They were supposed to do a 20k kms service at 12 month period but since my car was sparingly used, they decided to do a 15k kms service which included oil change only(no filter change) apart from the regular checks and wash. They said I can send the car back in the 15th month for 20k kms service but I am planning to send it during the 18th month.

Regards,
Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:52   #280
BHPian

I've had my ANHC (V AT) for 45 days now and have already clocked 2800* kms.

The first free service was done at APEX Honda (Bombay) and all the did was a run diagnostics and a wash.

Surprisingly, they also recommended an oil change (they said that they would top up the engine if the oil levels were low).

I would suggest a complete flush + oil change at 5000 kms and also change all filter elements. I was told that they use Castrol (Magnatec / GTX) as per the recommended xxW xxD - which basically means the adulterated DRUM variety.

I'm going to use 5w50d Mobil1 Super Synthetic at 5000kms - Might have to get this done outside as Honda Service station might not oblige.

P.S. The car runs like a dream and returns and overall mileage of 13 kmpl on a regular basis with the AC on and a bit of redlining from time to time. the best I have seen is 19.1 kmpl on the highway.
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:51   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post

I'm going to use 5w50d Mobil1 Super Synthetic at 5000kms - Might have to get this done outside as Honda Service station might not oblige.

P.S. The car runs like a dream and returns and overall mileage of 13 kmpl on a regular basis with the AC on and a bit of redlining from time to time. the best I have seen is 19.1 kmpl on the highway.
Great mileage figures there.

Regarding Mobil, you can strike a deal with your Honda A.S.S. I don't remember who but someone on TBHP did this. You may be allowed to supply your own oil and let them change it. If I were you, I would not mind paying for the loss they incur in letting us supply the oil.

I am talking about the consequential loss(eg they charge me app Rs. 810.00 for an oil change), assuming that their margins are 50%, the loss if I were supplying my own oil would come to around Rs. 400.00.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:03   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Great mileage figures there.

Regarding Mobil, you can strike a deal with your Honda A.S.S. I don't remember who but someone on TBHP did this. You may be allowed to supply your own oil and let them change it. If I were you, I would not mind paying for the loss they incur in letting us supply the oil.

I am talking about the consequential loss(eg they charge me app Rs. 810.00 for an oil change), assuming that their margins are 50%, the loss if I were supplying my own oil would come to around Rs. 400.00.
Exactly my point!

I don't mind paying them the labour charges (which could be their profit) for an oil change. If they're making a loss, they wouldn't let me supply the oil and engine flush.

The main point here being, I'm getting my monies worth and the comfort of knowing that the oil in my engine is exactly what I want.
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-img00156201012042116.jpg  

R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:31   #283
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys!

I will take it to the service tomorrow morning.

One more thing I actually never get to see the amazing numbers. What gear change do you all do. I am still breaking her in so do not let her settle in same RPM for long distances but most of my journey is on nh8 and max I get is 16.7. Am I doing something wrong? Today gave her the first taste of real nice initial 3 gears vtec engagement till 4500 rpm.

If someone saw white city doing multiple toll to toll on nh8, it was me Nice.
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:41   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys!

I will take it to the service tomorrow morning.

One more thing I actually never get to see the amazing numbers. What gear change do you all do. I am still breaking her in so do not let her settle in same RPM for long distances but most of my journey is on nh8 and max I get is 16.7. Am I doing something wrong? Today gave her the first taste of real nice initial 3 gears vtec engagement till 4500 rpm.

If someone saw white city doing multiple toll to toll on nh8, it was me Nice.
My dad uses the car in Gurgaon, around 25km a day trip, sect. 49 to Udyog Vihar and back; been getting around 15-16 km/l with 100 A/C.

I'd taken the car to Amritsar and back (this was at 1200km), got a FE of 19.4 km/l on the highway.

I upshift generally in betn. 2500-3000 rpm.
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:12   #285
Senior - BHPian

^ thanks!
I will try to be gentle with revs after the third service and check.