Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 22:25   #76
BHPian
 
cosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KL 52
Posts: 113
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Great work jayanth, well written. Congrats on your buy. Great colour. Really have a royal look
cosmopolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 08:43   #77
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Zoom,
If you ever manage to get the tweeters from outside, ensure they don't chop the wiring. If you do manage to get the specs of the tweeters that come from Honda, you are better of playing safe.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 08:46   #78
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks cosmopolitan for your feedback.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 00:38   #79
BHPian
 
H_Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Tweeters on ANHC

Thanks for alerting me on the after market tweeters stuff and their mounting without clipping off the wires.

The only place where it can fit is on the inside panel of the OVRMs as I have seen recently and suggested by many of you. (It is also illustrated in the image below).

Guess this leaves me with no options but to go to my Honda dealer only, in case I do want a set of these on my mean machine
Attached Images
 
H_Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 20:38   #80
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Guess this leaves me with no options but to go to my Honda dealer only, in case I do want a set of these on my mean machine
I think that is a good move.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 20:55   #81
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

To all the ANHC owners, A very happy Sankranthi/Pongal.

BTW, I have two things to discuss here and need all your valuable inputs.

1. I was planning to change my so called "under powered bulbs" in the head light. I enquired the same in Magnum Honda bangalore, they told me that they wouldn't do such a thing nor do they recommend it to be fitted from outside, as they claim would void warranty . That made me a lil hesitant on this move.

2. I am also planning to get the door side as well as front and rear bumper beedings. The dealer is quoting me 14k (4 for side doors and 4 from rear and front bumbers). I thought it was extremely overpriced. Upon asking why it was priced so high, the gentleman said it is because it has to be painted to match the car color. Can someone confirm if this is a realistic price?
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 07:18   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 648
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
To all the ANHC owners, A very happy Sankranthi/Pongal.

BTW, I have two things to discuss here and need all your valuable inputs.

1. I was planning to change my so called "under powered bulbs" in the head light. I enquired the same in Magnum Honda bangalore, they told me that they wouldn't do such a thing nor do they recommend it to be fitted from outside, as they claim would void warranty . That made me a lil hesitant on this move.

2. I am also planning to get the door side as well as front and rear bumper beedings. The dealer is quoting me 14k (4 for side doors and 4 from rear and front bumbers). I thought it was extremely overpriced. Upon asking why it was priced so high, the gentleman said it is because it has to be painted to match the car color. Can someone confirm if this is a realistic price?
Ya. i also thought of these door side and bumper beadings. 14k for this is too much, just a way Honda want to loot its customers, painting wont cost 6 to 7k we could get the both bumpers painted for that money. A 3M or Hiker set of two bumper guard costs just Rs 500, I heard there is a transparent bumper guard from 3M have to check out. Guys let us know anyone you have used after-market non-Honda bumper/door guard?

I asked whitefield honda guys about low powered headlamps, they suggested to go for 90/100W conversion outside as most people have done it, and they told warranty should not be problem. I have went for the upgrade.

Happy Sankranthi

Last edited by shamanth : 14th January 2010 at 07:20.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 08:56   #83
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
I asked whitefield honda guys about low powered headlamps, they suggested to go for 90/100W conversion outside as most people have done it, and they told warranty should not be problem. I have went for the upgrade.
There is so much inconsistency among Honda dealers on aftermarket accessories.
I would love to check with other dealers on how much they are quoting for bumper beedings. There is a flat 30% off on Honda alloy wheels in Magnum which costs about 30k (Looks like it is costing them more to keep the 47k alloy stock )
I would love to see this kind of discount being offered on other spares as well.
Any idea about other dealer throwing some discounts?
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 09:16   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Jayanth - Honda accessories are super pricey. Its a known fact. For beadings you can go outside as it doesn't impact any warranty. For the headlights i am hesitant to do that for my car as i would hate to lose the warranty.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 12:43   #85
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Jayanth - Honda accessories are super pricey
I think partly due to the fact that all the accessories are imported from Thailand. I will enquire outside, but don't want to compromise on the quality and looks at the same time. I am willing to wait.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:39   #86
BHPian
 
H_Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I too was taken back by the price quoted for door and bumper guards by Whitefield Honda when I was taking the delivery.
Hence I decided to go for the Hiker bumper and door guards. Costed me about 600/- for a set of 4 Bumper guards and 4 door guards.
They are not the body colored ones, but are black strips with chome center finish and hence complements the looks of my car (red) very well. (Looks are subjective I know).
The Bumper protectors work very well only when fixed appropriately, which is the placed at a point where the Bumper protudes most.
The door protectors are not the long ones which are placed across the entire door line at the bottom, but the small strips that are placed just below the door handles at a position such that when you open the door, against a pillar it blocks the door surface in coming in contact with it.
While the Bumper protector is serving its purpose, the door protectors just about serves in cases like I have specified above.

Also good to know that Whitefield does not take it as Warranty Viod for Headlamp replacement as my car is serviced at this dealer. Couple of my colleagues are also contemplating to go in for a headlamp upgrade to 90/100 as suggested here
H_Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 14:43   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore.
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
That made me a lil hesitant on this move.
Well , Jayanth,

I suggest you keep away from the upgrades if you are not comfortable doing it, But i have decided to go ahead with 100/130 bulbs as early as possible.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 14:54   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 648
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
I too was taken back by the price quoted for door and bumper guards by Whitefield Honda when I was taking the delivery.
Hence I decided to go for the Hiker bumper and door guards. Costed me about 600/- for a set of 4 Bumper guards and 4 door guards.
They are not the body colored ones, but are black strips with chome center finish and hence complements the looks of my car (red) very well. (Looks are subjective I know).
Can you please post the pic of hiker bumper guard on your car?
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 13:14   #89
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
I suggest you keep away from the upgrades if you are not comfortable doing it, But i have decided to go ahead with 100/130 bulbs as early as possible.
Srinivas, Do let us know once you fit the bulbs,

H Zoom
Please post the pics of the bumper and door beedings.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 15:10   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Hi H-Zoom,
I shall appreciate your pictures of bumper beadings.My new ANHC has few scratches on bumper. Though I felt the need for underpowered headlights, I will continue for some more time.
bullock-Car is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City mdsaab Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 472 25th May 2014 00:24
ANHC SMT or ANHC EMT with Caska HU alam86 Sedans 19 16th September 2013 15:59
My comprehensive BALENO ownership thread binz Long-Term Ownership Reviews 115 5th April 2013 07:17
Used Verna Diesel Buying experience and initial ownership report - 2 months, 7000 kms JLN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 28th March 2011 01:30
A comprehensive list of Cars and it's engines? bruce Technical Stuff 17 18th May 2007 23:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks