Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2010, 14:27   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Its a first time I am hearing about Honda Synthetic oil. During the 3rd free service and not the 2nd one mainly because of the km run I changed to Mobil one synthetic oil. There is absolutely no issue about the warranty as the Honda service centers themselves give you the choice of Mobil one synthetic Oil
Amidoc,
I know these dealers seem to be coming up with "Warranty void" for stuff which they don't get bucks for. I am surely going to report this to Honda 121. Even I was shocked
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 11:52   #122
BHPian

Default A small accident - Tail lamp (LH) broken

What Happened?
Yesterday met with an unfortunate incident in my office campus when a two wheeler guy bumped the car from behind and the break lever of the bike happen to hit the Tail Lamp (LHS) and it broke instantly

How it happened?
I was slowing down since there was a hump ahead, there was an Innova on my left, the biker on my back couldn't spot the hump as his view was blocked by the two cars and didn't quite understand why the cars slowed down and did a "BANG"

The break lever hit the tail lamp and scratched the side as well

Got it repaired?
Yes. I couldn't drive the car with a broken tail lamp. These days it has started to rain in bangalore and earlier I attend to the damage better it is . I got the work done today from Magnum Honda. It was done in under 45 minutes. Good job.

Want to see how a broken tail lamp of the ANHC looks like? huh...see it for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0145.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0146.jpg  

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 14th April 2010 at 11:53.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:58   #123
BHPian

Oops!!!

That's nasty and unfortunate.

Was there a touch up on the scratch? I don't know how but I got similar scratch on my front bumper on the left side.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 12:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Oops!!!

That's nasty and unfortunate.

Was there a touch up on the scratch? I don't know how but I got similar scratch on my front bumper on the left side.
Hi Raghu,
I tried to do a polish myself and it seems to disappear a bit. The one that you see in the pic is after the polish. It was worse before. I was told by the SA that it would go away by buffing. I didn't have time to get that done. I will get it done some other time.

If it is a deep scratch (usually can distiguish by touch) buffing or polishing wont help. You will have to either do touchup or get it repained. Touchup would look ugly.
Buffing to me is a better bet since it will reduce the depth of the scratch.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:59   #125
BHPian

Very bad. That scratch looks as if it was a knife cut on your body.

How much ever careful you are you can't avoid such eventualities.
Somehow after beginning to drive ANHC it feels as if the 2 wheelers, auto walas, taxis intrude in to your way even more....
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 14:45   #126
BHPian

Sorry to see that. I have a similarly placed scratch on my ANHC(white color) but mine looks more prominent than yours.I am baffled as i don't know what to do with that.Will go to dealership for buffing if that can help.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 15:44   #127
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident.

So, the repair must've included replacing the outer shell of the whole light assembly and any broken bulb(s), right?

A biker hit my car's driver-side ORVM yesterday with his bike's handle-bar as he tried to change lanes without signalling. Fortunately, there was no damage as the ORVM swung around to the opposite end.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 15:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
So, the repair must've included replacing the outer shell of the whole light assembly and any broken bulb(s), right?
There was no bulb damage, but the whole light assembly had to be replaced. I got that replaced today morning.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:40   #129
BHPian

Jayanth,
Congrats on ur HOnda. Awesome choice of color.

I'm a proud Honda owner too. Well I live and drive in a city (Pune) where scratches and damage to cars is most common place. Can you imagine people leaning on a parked car smoking and using the boot lid to drop ash ? Or perhaps some kids playing by drawing a picture of stumps using chalk. I mean people here can't bear to see a squeaky new car without scratches. If they don't see a single scratch they make it.
I too have suffered the rear tail lamp being broken. One biker just lost his balance and hit the handle on the rear light of my car.
Anyways, all I am trying to say is that your car has been initiated to be driven on Indian roads . Its like a ritual through which most of the cars go through.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 16:43   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
There was no bulb damage, but the whole light assembly had to be replaced. I got that replaced today morning.
how much did it cost you?
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 20:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Jayanth,
Congrats on ur HOnda. Awesome choice of color.

I'm a proud Honda owner too. Well I live and drive in a city (Pune) where scratches and damage to cars is most common place. Can you imagine people leaning on a parked car smoking and using the boot lid to drop ash ? Or perhaps some kids playing by drawing a picture of stumps using chalk. I mean people here can't bear to see a squeaky new car without scratches. If they don't see a single scratch they make it.
I too have suffered the rear tail lamp being broken. One biker just lost his balance and hit the handle on the rear light of my car.
Anyways, all I am trying to say is that your car has been initiated to be driven on Indian roads . Its like a ritual through which most of the cars go through.
True. Since the car is fairly new it still needs getting used to. The scene is not any better in Bangalore traffic mess either.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:22   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
how much did it cost you?
It costed me 2596 (VAT+ labour charges). The biker agreed to pay for the replacement of the assembly.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:15   #133
BHPian

Buddy,

How have you been these days? Longtime since i heard from you.

These incidents keep occuring every day in life. so just dont bother yourself too much, carry on.

Thats a gentleman you have got to hit your car, he has paid for it. I appreciate the guy, very nice and decent.I have seen bikers speeding away after hitting.

i have my bonnet , doors replaced for no fault of mine, just carry on.

keep in touch !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th April 2010 at 21:17.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 09:23   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
These incidents keep occuring every day in life. so just dont bother yourself too much, carry on.
You are true, we should not let such incidents bother us much.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that. What happened? Do you have a thread where you update about your car?
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 10:23   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy,

How have you been these days? Longtime since i heard from you.

Thats a gentleman you have got to hit your car, he has paid for it. I appreciate the guy, very nice and decent.I have seen bikers speeding away after hitting.

keep in touch !
Hi Srinivas,
Yes it's indeed been a long time. I was a bit busy with work and suddenly one day this happened, thought I would share it with the forum. Actually wanted to post the pic of ANHC with a broken tail lamp.

Incidentally, this happened within the Bagmane Tech Park campus and the gentleman was an employee from Volvo and who better to understand about automobile. He was kind enough nevertheless.

Very sad to hear about the bonnet and doors replaced on ur car. Share more about how you got it replaced? claimed insurence?