Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th January 2010, 13:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the scorpio comes with 4 speakers as standard. have you fitted 2 speakers on the dash?
Not on the Scorpio, but on the Indica.

It is definitely a larger door and your answer is satisfactory thank you
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Man! Being a big Scorpio fan the current torrent of Scorpio reviews here on tbhp is sheer heaven. Reading each review is a rush. Congratulations on your new buy triedeverything. I'll be monitoring your thread just as I've been the others.
MudMover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:17   #18
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
(Getting her to accept the Scorpio was a challenge. She is of the opinion that the vehicle is commonly (mostly!) used by Goondas (rowdy, thugs, you know the type)!
I'm planning to buy an A/T ;it's exactly the same words I'm hearing..
~~h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:41   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the Scorp triedeverything,
I see that we share the same dealer
Please let me know how much is the pricing for the front windscreen sunfilm from Vkool, enquired with 3m guys and got a quote of 5.2k from one and 6.5k from the other.
SanScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 18:07   #20
BHPian

SanScropio,

The VKool people quoted 7320 for the front windsheild alone.This is after a 20% discount! This is for the entry level film. They have premium films. The cost
Those are really cool seat covers on your ride. What were the damages (to your pocket)?
Old 6th January 2010, 22:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
SanScropio,

The VKool people quoted 7320 for the front windsheild alone.This is after a 20% discount! This is for the entry level film. They have premium films. The cost
Those are really cool seat covers on your ride. What were the damages (to your pocket)?
wow thats a huge setback, so are you planning to stick the Vkool for the windshield? suggest you go for 3m for the sides though.
The seat covers cost me 6.5k that included the door pads on the 4 doors. not bad as the quote at the same at SIreesh was around 22k
Old 7th January 2010, 00:09   #22
BHPian

San,

Sides were already taken care of by Sireesh Auto with 3M. The windshield job is not a priority right now. I need to do a little more research on this site before I go for it as I have not used it before on any car.
The seat covers offered by Sireesh was Ovian I think. Is it the same that you bought from outside? What is the name of the shop?
Old 7th January 2010, 11:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
San,

Sides were already taken care of by Sireesh Auto with 3M. The windshield job is not a priority right now. I need to do a little more research on this site before I go for it as I have not used it before on any car.
The seat covers offered by Sireesh was Ovian I think. Is it the same that you bought from outside? What is the name of the shop?
no its not ovian, dont know the brand, got it from a ICE/Car decor guy in Banaswadi that a friend of mine referred. its called IKlass Car decor i think, dont remember exactly. let me know if you need the address, have the bills somewhere at home.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:24   #24
BANNED

TET-congratulations on your scorpio, looks nice in this shade and quite uncommon.Enjoy your ride.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 14:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
I'm planning to buy an A/T ;it's exactly the same words I'm hearing..
That's why I opted for the Java Brown - and my wife agreed!! She is actually quite excited about it now. Still waiting for delivery of my VLX A/T
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 19:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Another question to the group is on the micro hybrid. Do I have to turn off the ignition manually every time I switch off the feature? I find that sometimes, even when the start/stop switch is on, the engine does not stop even though the car is in neutral, has reached a speed of 10kmph at least once in the ignition cycle, engine is reasonably warm and the vehicle is stationary. These are the conditions mentioned in the manual. What I notice is that everytime I turn off the button(start/stop), unless I switch off the ignition and then turn it back on, the feature does not work. Any ideas?
Any answers for this one from owners of the micro hybrid scorpio?
Old 11th January 2010, 15:48   #27
BHPian

Yesterday, a person from Sireesh visited me at home and explained all the features of the vehicle again to me. Most of the information he provided was already known, but I did get a few pointers that I was not aware off. He showed me how to lower the spare and mount it. It has to click twice when you mount it back under the car. Also showed me the position of the jack and the points recommended for lifting under the vehicle. He explained all the lights on the dashboard and recommended the use of normal diesel only. He said if I was going to use premium, then I would need to continue to use premium fuel only. Wasn't very convinced with his reasoning. System D is after all an additive that helps clean nozzles,etc. Another bone of contention was with the brakes. He said the brakes will not work if the vehicle is moving downhill even though the engine is on. I didn't agree with him. Another piece of advice, always park the car on level ground. If parked on an incline, the oil level may go below parts that move and engine may 'seize the moment' fundoo stuff. I also ordered for Marvin custom PU seats - black and beige comination. Cost me 15.5 K. the dealer threw in two neck pillows and a tissue paper box with the same material. Will be fitting them this week and will post pictures after that. I also stuck 4 door edge protectors - don't know how they are specified here. I am also getting annoyed with the ICE. I did search the ICE threads and there are/were folks who had similar requirements that I have. I'm looking for a touch screen, GPS enabled, at least 2 preouts for amplification, USB support, compatible with rear camera (I need one soon - the roads just got narrower in our part of town. They are constructing drains on either side of the road and have created a footpath in the process.) The ICE must also support blue tooth. Do let me know if you have any recommendations from Pioneer, JVC or Kenwood. The Scorpio being one of the more (often) stolen vehicles, I also looked at the security thread. I checked with the salesman in Sireesh and he said the 'code' cannot be changed. The guy who came yesterday even said that the duplicate key can only be made by Mahindra. You may be able to source one from outside and it may even open the door, but it won't start the engine, he said. How safe is the new Scorpio? I am planning on getting a gear lock sometime next week. Let me mention here that I really like the way the OE security system works. It doesn't open and close every time the engine starts or stops - this was so annoying. You cross 20 kmph and all the doors lock down automatically. It also doesn't open as soon as the engine is turned off. The driver will have to unlock the driver's door and only then can someone from outside open the doors. Evidently the start stop function that I have an issue with - and reported in an earlier post - is not working as designed in my car. He has taken down a complaint - yet to see some action.

Last edited by triedeverything : 11th January 2010 at 15:54.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:33   #28
BHPian

I am not sure if you know this or been explained to you , leave the key in the key slot and open the bonnet, all the four indicator will start automatically, close the bonnet and they will stop, this is a very good feature that I learned accidentally yesterday.

Pramod
pramods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 17:05   #29
BHPian

thanks for sharing.
regarding the usage of premium fuels i am not too sure what the problem is. however might i add that i used premium fuels only for my first 2 years of ownership following the service centre advise i switched over to regular fuels and noticed no noticeable change. however in october last year on my bombay bangalore run i switched to high speed diesel and after it the car felt a lot more livelier than usual. ever since i have been using pemium fuels when i go on long drives and switch to regular in the city.
please ask your service advisor to assist you in changing the immobilizer code for your new car, the sales guys are usually clueless bums.
while we were booking our car another gentleman was taking delivery and while being briefed at the showroom he enquired which oil should be used for top up and all the sales guy could say was mahindra maximile and that it would be done at the service centre so there is no need to worry and i could see the frustration on the owners face.
Off Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 19:38   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

@off_Rodie:

From what I have heard/read the Refresh Scorpio no longer needs an immobilizer code change as it is not a human readable code anymore. Each vehicle now comes with a unique code as opposed to the default 0000 code that used to come on earlier scorpios. Seach this forum and there are some threads on it.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote