Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 10:22   #151
Senior - BHPian

great! good to see your scorpio shining back to glory.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:33   #152
Senior - BHPian

@Pramod: what is the salvage amount in the bill? You can take your old/dented door and sell it in grey market and recover some more money.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

good that its back in shape, though the estimate looks way way high, I seems mostly the denting and paint plus side view mirror. Even if they change all the gates and do repair where change is not possible, should not cost much. And too high labor.

Though it might not pinch you much as covered mostly in Insurance. But be careful in future.

What was the total damage and damage to your pocket.

Hope you have checked the tail light/headlights properly, general a little bang can generate hair line crack in headlights and taillights which shows during rains when water seeps in.

Also insure that paint droplets have not spread across the glass area. Generally you can not see it but if you run your palm over the surface, all glass area, you can feel the roughness. This is true for non damaged area as well. They will have to rub it off. These droplets show up in oncoming headlight
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:02   #154
BHPian

I will get the actual bill from Insurance when I go for the stickers and glass replacement, I am not picking the doors and other parts back and have left everything at service center, I got all the doors damped for free, the dampening mat that's available in the service center cost 1K per sheet and it took 7 mats to get the 5 door done, even though its not as densely done as I would have liked but better than having nothing.
I changed the tail light under insurance, as a minor crack was visible there, I have not seen any other damage or paint spill any where as of now. On the right door there is not so visible 2 inch long less than 1mm thin line that looks odd, that possibly will get hidden after the sticker, I still have a option to get that door repainted.

-Pramod
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:08   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
...AT is not going to match the fuel efficiency of manual, the manual with same type of driving used to give me in range of 11, sometime topping at 12.
Hmmm... that's interesting. My FE figures since the beginning (completed 8900 km now) are:
Best: 13.68 km/l; Worst 10.63 km/l (the first tankful when brand new); average: 12.78 km/l. Fuel used: Normal diesel. System-D used occasionally @ 0.5 ml/litre, when FE appears to drop below 12 km/l. AC usage: 20% of total drive.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:31   #156
BHPian

That's great,I used to get 11kmpl with my old VLX with 90% AC, but AT topped at 10 and worse 8. Need to change driving style till the autobox learns and then possibly will get in range of 10, I observed if driven below 90 the average is better 100+ and you are looking towards 9kmpl. I am trying to confirm this by tank full method now, will keep posted of actual figure.
-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 2nd March 2010 at 23:33.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:03   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I observed if driven below 90 the average is better 100+ and you are looking towards 9kmpl.
Beyond about 80kph, the effort to push the air in front of the vehicle takes up a lot of the engine power and so fuel efficiency
suffers. And it is an SUV which hardly gives much thought about aerodynamics!
Old 4th March 2010, 23:18   #158
BHPian

By, the way I have driven 1300km of city in 4 weeks and I seem to be getting close on 10kmpl. Average speeds of 30-40kmph. Short stretches of 60 and hitting 70 once in a 45 minute (20+ km) drive. I was really hoping that I will get much better on a highway but your experience seems to tell me not to expect much higher.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:16   #159
BHPian

Finally would be getting the VLX and automatic stickers tomorrow, every day the dealer used to tell me 2 more days and it continued for last 3+ weeks, fed up with this I wrote directly to Mahindra day before yesterday to know the status and complained about the availability of so non-essential part, and I was surprised with pace and action, I just received a call from Mahindra regarding the spare and status that it has reached the service center and later a follow up with contact numbers in case I face any further difficulties.
I appreciate the promptness of the Customer Service, but would have loved not to use this, anyway I hope I get the stickers and all done tomorrow and leave behind the all the accidental marks!!!
-Pramod
Old 6th March 2010, 20:19   #160
BHPian

What to do when you get a badge instead of sticker, the front right cladding was missing "automatic" sticker, but in turn I got the automatic badge, I removed the left cladding automatic sticker and used automatic badge like this.

2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-img_0057.jpg

This is Unique and no Scorpio other than mine has this!!
Stickers are done and now its back to "original", I got the front door glass replaced, because it was having scratches, just to let you know the glasses in VLX is different than other version the VLX glass are tinted glass with code E2, while the other version are E1 and the latest SLE that I saw today had a chines made glasses, while the VLX are ISI marked ASAHI glasses, please observer that, day by day I see lots and lots of difference between these version apart from just electronics, the 3 channel ABS system seems to be capable of 4 channel as every thing is present, only missing is the connections, I see the connection for the 4 channel to be forced closed on this UNIT, xylo comes with 4 channel ABS ;-(

2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-img_0059.jpg

2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-img_0060.jpg

2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-img_0061.jpg

The FE with sedate driving seems to be getting better yet to hit reserve and already done 420 km.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 6th March 2010 at 20:23.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:23   #161
Senior - BHPian

pramod, its back to glory, so, this automatic badge is not present on the left side indicators , and you have it, well, some uniqueness foe sure.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:55   #162
BHPian

This Automatic sticker is only on back door, as it was ordered and billed to me, I thought to use it, instead of keeping it for some other day, I stick it on the left side, as the new VLX doesn't have any badge on the left side, so to make this unique I have automatic badge there, I removed the automatic sticker on the cladding to have symmetry.

-Pramod
Old 8th March 2010, 01:21   #163
Senior - BHPian

The badge looks great and it is always a nice feeling to be one of a kind. Trust you have started hitting the highways again. Wishing you many miles of fun & Safe driving.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:18   #164
BHPian

The last tank full returned 430 kms when the first warning sound of running on reserve fuel, filled again and the the average is 10.75kmpl, 40 liters has been consumed which any way is way better than before, so if you want to get a better FE from AT, make sure you always drive with a light right foot and don't take it above 90kmph ;-).

-Pramod
Old 10th March 2010, 19:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
By, the way I have driven 1300km of city in 4 weeks and I seem to be getting close on 10kmpl. Average speeds of 30-40kmph. Short stretches of 60 and hitting 70 once in a 45 minute (20+ km) drive. I was really hoping that I will get much better on a highway but your experience seems to tell me not to expect much higher.
I am getting a mileage of 8 for city driving (with a/c obviously). This is after 1350 kms
Closed Thread