Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2010, 23:02   #196
BHPian

Thank's for the heads up. Will be PM'ing 4X4addict regarding this.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:15   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

@live2drive:

I suggest you contact mahindra customer care directly. Sometimes the dealers are too lazy to order the captains chairs. In my case, I had to really push for it.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:20   #198
BHPian

Yup, I did that today evening. Apparently, the concerned department follows up with the customer within one working day. Expecting a call from them tomorrow.

One more query: Roof A/C is available under standard accessories. Does it come fitted from the factory or is it offered as a dealer fitment? Just asking.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:23   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Yup, I did that today evening. Apparently, the concerned department follows up with the customer within one working day. Expecting a call from them tomorrow.
It might take a day or two. It took me three days for a replay but I guess that was partly due to the holidays last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
One more query: Roof A/C is available under standard accessories. Does it come fitted from the factory or is it offered as a dealer fitment? Just asking.
Roof AC is dealer installed. I am fine with the rear ac vents. If you put a good sun film ac is very effective.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:08   #200
BHPian

I agree AC is quite effective with sun film around, you may just have to use 1 or 2 and occasionally 3, push for captain seat config and possibility is high you will get it. I am thinking of after fitting the second row seat but the second thought is my son need a seat to sleep on long journey and if I go with just second row seat then I will not have any bench seat and it would be a problem on long drives that I do.

I believe I will just leave with it for now.

-Pramod
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:33   #201
BHPian

Captain seat option is indeed available in the AT variant. Confirmed from the Mahindra dealer in Noida.

Finally booked the 7 seater(captain seats) VLX AT 2WD with Airbags. Expected delivery time is 6 weeks.

Pramod, Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:45   #202
BHPian

Congrats on your AT, Scorpio AT sales figure are increasing!! It's really a boon in city traffic.
-Pramod
Old 26th April 2010, 10:34   #203
BHPian

this Sunday i went to Nagzira wildlife sanctuary in second half, first half is a confirmation for tiger as this is a small sanctuary and tigers are seen at the man made water holes, anyway it was a good outing seen lots and lots of Bisons, Sambar, spotted deer, a big eagle and a beer in jungle, will upload some of the images later in evening.

Till date done 7.3K kms and average fuel efficiency I and getting is 10.25kms/liter, after the sun film the AC has started feeling effective, it either at 1 or 2 only and mostly at Low mode. Over all good going till now, but yesterday the tire pressure and temp indicator came up for few second with buzzer and later got normal, I am not sure why it went into panic mode and how it got normal, anyone experienced this before, looks like something might be wrong with sensors!!!!

-Pramod
Old 26th April 2010, 12:40   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
after the sun film the AC has started feeling effective, it either at 1 or 2 only and mostly at Low mode.
-Pramod
I too have put an expensive Garware film. Don't recall the name exactly but it was about 8.5K for the sides and back and about 2.5K for the front glass. I am also using mostly AC low with fan speeds 1 or 2. Very rarely after the car has been parked under the sun for a long time do I use ac high and fan speeds above 2 to cool the car. The fan speed at 2 itself is noisy and you cannot really put it above 2 and have a conversation in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Over all good going till now, but yesterday the tire pressure and temp indicator came up for few second with buzzer and later got normal, I am not sure why it went into panic mode and how it got normal, anyone experienced this before, looks like something might be wrong with sensors!!!!

-Pramod
My TPMS too went crazy one day and keep buzzing showing wrong reading the the front left and spare tire. BTW the spare tire does have a sensor although it shows only when air pressure doesn't meet the required parameters. I had to keep resetting the buzzer for a whole day and was planning to take it to the dealer. But the problem went away the next day.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:07   #205
BHPian

Oh, looks like "GENERIC" Mahindra Scorpio problem :-( , the commonality here is front left tire, I was lucky to have this just for few second!!!.

-Pramod
Old 27th April 2010, 23:18   #206
BHPian

Default Bison -nagzira

Bison spotted at Nagzira
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-nagzira-016small.jpg

and very similar hard working Scorpio

2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-nagzira-022small.jpg

-Pramod
Old 28th April 2010, 09:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

@ pramods: nice colour change buddy! this two tone effect suits the scorpio better!
Old 28th April 2010, 10:29   #208
BHPian

Congratulations on the AT.

The design for the console of the automatic seems to have been quiet sorted.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:48   #209
Senior - BHPian

that scorpio is indeed working hard.

More pics of that trip ?
Old 28th April 2010, 13:29   #210
BHPian

Will post later in evening from home, not able to see the big cat, but was able to see lots of Bison, sambhar, spotted deer and bear. It was a good outing but the Scorpio seems like a mess from outside as well as inside, too much dust has gone inside too, need a complete cleaning may be this weekend!!

-Pramod

PS: Lots of scratches on the panel from jungle, will need some touch up will see what need to be done for that, as few of the scratches are deep and may have touched the metal

Last edited by pramods : 28th April 2010 at 13:30.
Closed Thread