Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2010, 20:24   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Doc, one more noob question - where is the TPMS receiver unit located?
I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that! Don't have the wiring diagram/garage manual of the car.

BD or Spike would probably be the best people to answer this one!
Old 13th May 2010, 20:27   #227
Senior - BHPian

below the front passenger seat.

have a look at the pic, its of my car. one is the receiver for the auto headlights & auto wipers whereas the other is for the TPMS.
Attached Images

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th May 2010 at 20:32.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:36   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Bison spotted at Nagzira
and very similar hard working Scorpio

Attachment 339123

-Pramod
Thats how a 4X4 Scorp should look, so natural
Old 14th May 2010, 10:01   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Not had a puncture yet (touch wood ), but AFAIK a single tyre swap also means the system has to be made to relearn.
I don't think so, I must have done some thing, as the previous VLX had the manual option for swap I tried to do all the setting and even went to relearn mode and then backed out, then went back to the manual and learned that you don't have to do anything, once the TPMS system alerts, simply swap the tire and start driving after few kms of drive the system will present will detect a swap and present you the option, where you have to say yes with mode button and it now accept the swapped tire, once you repair the puncture then you just have to set the pressure of the spare tire.

I might try out again[by reducing the tire pressure and changing the tire], because this is essential else you have to make the TPMS system relearn and for that you have to reduce tire pressure till the system beep and accept!!! if you do that from where you are going to again pump the air if you are not at a tire repair shop.

One more point once the TPMS system starts blinking and beeping, just press the Mode button and the beep will be gone only the blinking will be the there

-Pramod
Old 16th May 2010, 12:21   #230
BHPian

Default AT Oil Cooler location and vulnerability

The AT oil cooler is placed below the radiator and attached with the bumper, the AT Cooler cools the AT Fluid by circulating it through this cooler, the placement and the plastic which is used to guard this cooler is pathetic, good enough I saw it before and was able to make a steel skid plate yesterday, I have to unmount the plate again because of 3mm misalignment and then do color the plate. Once I unmount the plate I will take the image and post it.

Just a caution to all AT owner and specifically 4WD AT owner, please look at the location of AT and the protection and be extra careful related to this, else you will breach the oil cooler and your AT is DONE.

-Pramod
Old 16th May 2010, 15:53   #231
Senior - BHPian

good related info. Share pics. What is the size of skid plate you have installed and what is the cost ?
Old 17th May 2010, 16:53   #232
BHPian

Default Skid Plate

Finally got the skid plate fabricated and fitted for AT Auxiliary Oil Cooler protection, attached are 2 images of the skid plate.

Name:  skidplate1.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  182.3 KB

After creating scoop for Air, as the holes created in the skid plates were lower down and were almost useless for oil cooler, but this 2 scoop perfectly fits into the bumper design and would definitely get the required air to oil cooler.

Name:  skidplate2.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  228.9 KB

I hope this helps other AT owner too.

-Pramod
Old 17th May 2010, 17:22   #233
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the info. Have you installed these plates? Mind sharing after install pics?
Old 17th May 2010, 17:42   #234
BHPian

Yes this is installed need to take any image after install, will do that once I get a chance to get the vehicle again on ramp.

-Pramod
Old 27th May 2010, 15:43   #235
BHPian

Done the second servicing, Second Servicing is just a check up, there is nothing to replace or change, but while doing the checking we[as I was with the service in charge] figured out the right rear hand break cable was in constant touch with the frame and the rubber protection on that cable is almost gone, even the body frame was rubbed quite a bit, had the push the cable in place and tighten the supporting structure. Saw few rusting in the front right door hinges, got the treatment done on that rust, topped the engine oil, put the wipe fluid from Mahindra[cost Rs 17 and is Mahindra Spare] supposed to clean the glass better.

Took extra coolant, brake oil, engine oil and washer fluid for Leh trip, even understood what need to done in case the AT has to be towed.

Leaving on Leh-Ladhak trip on 29th early morning.

-Pramod
Old 27th May 2010, 18:08   #236
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
topped the engine oil,
How much was needed?

Not even my Tata vehicles have needed top ups in between the schedule oil changes.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:36   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Leaving on Leh-Ladhak trip on 29th early morning.
Have a great trip. While you head north, I'll head south next week. Had my 3rd free service done today too.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:40   #238
Senior - BHPian

have a great & enjoyable trip buddy. wishing you, your family & your scorpio a safe journey.
Old 28th May 2010, 00:15   #239
BHPian

It was not required was within the limit but less than the MAX, I insisted on getting it topped, I believe it would be not more than 250ml . I have remaining oil with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
How much was needed?
I received the sump guard today, possible try to get it done today daytime, will update more on that later once everything is done.

Hoping of a good and trouble free drive to Himalaya btw I meet ADC in Nagpur when he crossed over to Melghat, he saw 2 tigers in Nagzira and hope to see more in Melghat and Tadoba.

ADC is "roaming around" Vidarbha Jungles and may possibly update with a good travelogue once he is back to Kolkata

-Pramod
Old 28th May 2010, 06:59   #240
Senior - BHPian

Pramod all the best for your Ladakh trip! May you have a safe and enjoyable trip
Closed Thread