Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2010, 17:05   #271
KMT
BHPian

Pramod
You must bring this to the attention of Mr Behram Dhabar (via a pm) who runs the 'centre of excellence' for M&M.
This is far from excellent and could have disasterous results if this happened in the snow at night when you are travelling with little kids.
Your photos are excellent.
Glad to note you are back safe.
So much for the geely auto box!
Old 15th June 2010, 22:38   #272
BHPian

Default Ladhak: Places to Interest

This one is good to be up in forum where people are alway looking for where to go in Ladhak

-Pramod

PS: I was thinking of starting a separate thread for Leh, but now I may just post few of the good and interesting image here, as I wait for my vehicle to reach me
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-lehplacetosee.jpg  

Old 16th June 2010, 13:22   #273
BHPian

I just got off from call to Jammu work manager, they have received the vehicle from Leh and are now waiting for the Mahindra for spare and further activity, as per him the diagnosis has been done at Mahindra and the servicing will done at Leh once the Parts are received!!
-Pramod
PS: Anybody from Jammu please let me know?
Old 21st June 2010, 14:47   #274
BHPian

Update: Complete transmission box is being replaced, most probably this will get done by this week end, still to get a confirmed date. This had made me think of why not complete the left out journey, go back to Leh from Jammu, do the remaining location and come back via Leh- Manali or via Spiti..? this all depends on how the Scorpio condition is!

-Pramod
Old 21st June 2010, 15:04   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Update: Complete transmission box is being replaced, most probably this will get done by this week end, still to get a confirmed date. This had made me think of why not complete the left out journey, go back to Leh from Jammu, do the remaining location and come back via Leh- Manali or via Spiti..? this all depends on how the Scorpio condition is!

-Pramod
The oil dried up? What was the reason for the transmission to fail after the hose came off?

Great spirit, Pramod, way to go
Old 21st June 2010, 15:16   #276
BHPian

Yeah, Oil dried up and they are not taking any chances better to replace the unit, AT unit mostly need to be rebuilt at the factory, Service center can do very little on the AT unit in term of servicing, I am just hoping AT is mated correctly and no reliability issue copes with workmanship in transplanting the AT box.
I have already requested the Customer Care personal to get me the date, based on that I would be able to make my plan.
I have not got any reason yet of why and how the hose came off, only thing I have heard is this is rare and should not have happened.

-Pramod
Old 21st June 2010, 15:44   #277
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! I missed this thread completely! Its sad Pramod to know whats happened. Atleast you should have pinged me. I was in Leh from 5th June onwards.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:52   #278
BHPian

I was not aware you where in Leh, I met RK though at the Service Center while he was getting the repair done on SX4, now again looking at your travelogue I want to complete the remaining part and finally like Manali- leh has opened for good. This time I made the permit myself and had put every possible place on it, but for no use!!

-Pramod
Old 21st June 2010, 15:59   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Complete transmission box is being replaced...
AT unit + main gearbox + 4WD transfercase ?

or

AT unit + main gearbox ?
Old 21st June 2010, 16:40   #280
BHPian

The right word is AT assembly, this just mean the AT unit[which include the 6 speed gearbox], Mahindra Model 79 six speed automatic transmissions is available in two variants: ‐ 4WD and 2WD, and mine is 4WD.
-Pramod
Old 21st June 2010, 16:53   #281
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, I suggest you insist on some Factory personnel being there while the refit is happening at the workshop so that no mating issues crop up.

And I also hope that you do the remaining bit of the trip.

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:26   #282
Senior - BHPian

its good that they are replacing the AT unit totally. Are they doing it at Jammu ? Finishing off the remaining trip, well, thats the positive part. Good going.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:24   #283
BHPian

Update: The vehicle is ready, just got the confirmed information, now I can't make it to Jammu tomorrow, and now looking at the Srinagar situation its better not to travel that reason at least for a week, I have taken the other option to get the vehicle at Nagpur, but it will take another week to get it driven to Nagpur!!

-Pramod
Old 30th June 2010, 21:51   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...it will take another week to get it driven to Nagpur!!
Driven? Not transported on a truck? If it must be driven down, you might as well do the honours yourself.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:03   #285
BHPian

yeah, but I have to make the one way reservation and I am not getting that right now plus I made the cancellation of the plan to take it back to Leh agian last week only!!
Now I just don't want to go back again to get the leaves from office and get going, will take the vehicle delivery at Nagpur after servicing done at the Nagpur service center.

-Pramod
Closed Thread