Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2010, 10:20   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Unfortunately, devdath, the road conditions in Ladakh are so terrible that damage in transit is inevitable. New cars have to be driven to their showrooms in Leh for this reason, also one reason why locals prefer to buy them in Srinagar or Jammu and drive down themselves.

I hope that M&M will get it repaired at their cost.
Which is why I suggested towing it down from Leh to Jammu and not loading it in a truck. It was M&M's and the dealer's collective responsibility to ensure safe transport and that has not happened.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:07   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which is why I suggested towing it down from Leh to Jammu and not loading it in a truck. It was M&M's and the dealer's collective responsibility to ensure safe transport and that has not happened.
Its easy to say that the vehicle should be towed et al, but the ground reality is totally different. The only option of getting the vehicle transported properly from Leh is either to drive or airlift it. Both of which would have been impossible in the given circumstances. May be M&M should have got the material and personnel sent directly to Leh for fixing the issue.
Old 13th July 2010, 09:30   #318
Senior - BHPian

Is this a one off case OR there are other cases of AT Scorpio getting that ATF leaked (either at high altitude OR at plains) ? Any other news anyone has ?
Old 13th July 2010, 09:51   #319
BHPian

tweet the big boss as well. will help in speedy resolution if you are hitting stonewalls.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:05   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its easy to say that the vehicle should be towed et al, but the ground reality is totally different. The only option of getting the vehicle transported properly from Leh is either to drive or airlift it. Both of which would have been impossible in the given circumstances. May be M&M should have got the material and personnel sent directly to Leh for fixing the issue.
Well, I have been to Leh a couple of times and I for one, firmly believe that it is/was certainly possible to tow it down. Just that the dealer was over confident of the truck wallah's assurance to transport it safely. The option suggested by you too is/was a viable one.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:26   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, I have been to Leh a couple of times and I for one, firmly believe that it is/was certainly possible to tow it down.
In theory, Yes. Is it a practical solution? Now that's a different question altogether.

A flat bed truck would have probably been the best way to do it but I don't think flatbeds come cheap. And who knows the actual story about all the dents? Some of them would have happened in transit, some of them could have happened due to the sheer carelessness of the handling staff at various locations where the vehicle has been attended to.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:36   #322
BHPian

The best option was to get it attended at Leh only, they did the same nonetheless at Jammu, they had the Mahindra engineer fly from Delhi and local cotech from Chandigarh, this was a wrong decision by some one in Mahindra to transport it to Jammu and fix it, the terrian is hostile and its know to cause damage to vehicle and they sure must be aware of damage!!
I am hoping I get the vehicle is "GOOD" condition, the work is yet to start.

-Pramod
PS: towing all the way was never an option in those hill, what will you do if you have to reverse to make way for on coming traffic on a down hill?
Old 13th July 2010, 10:45   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
tweet the big boss as well. will help in speedy resolution if you are hitting stonewalls.
Tweeting seems to be the in-vogue thing these days
Old 18th July 2010, 22:03   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
The best option was to get it attended at Leh only, they did the same nonetheless at Jammu, they had the Mahindra engineer fly from Delhi and local cotech from Chandigarh, this was a wrong decision by some one in Mahindra to transport it to Jammu and fix it, the terrian is hostile and its know to cause damage to vehicle and they sure must be aware of damage!!
I am hoping I get the vehicle is "GOOD" condition, the work is yet to start.

-Pramod
PS: towing all the way was never an option in those hill, what will you do if you have to reverse to make way for on coming traffic on a down hill?
Pramod dear, this really very very sad state. I never imagined it will go that wrong.

BTW just thinking if towing the car was an option with two 4X4, one towing and another following. This would have required alot of patience
Old 21st July 2010, 19:03   #325
BHPian

Update: The vehicle is complete striped, exterior as well as interior, getting the paint done in the paint booth at service center, each part are painted separately, body shell, door, panel, bonnet and cladding , 3 more days to get painted[ bonnet is getting replaced because of the dents] and reassembled then interior cleaning will happen.

-Pramod
Old 21st July 2010, 20:25   #326
BHPian

Are you paying for it from your insurance/pocket or is M&M paying for it?
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:47   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Update: The vehicle is complete striped, exterior as well as interior, getting the paint done in the paint booth at service center, each part are painted separately, body shell, door, panel, bonnet and cladding , 3 more days to get painted[ bonnet is getting replaced because of the dents] and reassembled then interior cleaning will happen.

-Pramod
Good that you will get the car in a sparking condition.

3 more days for painting, that seems like they are doing it seriously! Will they apply the primer again OR it will be the black paint only ?

Interiors cleaning is also good and was expected.

How is the loaner Logan doing ?
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:26   #328
BHPian

Black is the most difficult color to work with, the complete panel and body shell was scrapped of the previous color and every surface was rubbed to make it even, then the usual process of painting, there are 3 layers is what I know off, initial, paint and then clear coat, all these itself have 2-3 layer of coating!
The interior need cleaning because its striped and while fitting they are going to go bad.

Logan:
Now its been more than a month driving this car and I just this to say, "I am loving it". I am not sure why this car failed at sales. Everything hardware wise is there, the car is built good, engine is good torque and the performance is petrol like, space is good cabin noise is well filtered, safety is good[driver side airbag].
The only problem I see may be the look of the car and Mahindra perception!

-Pramod
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:12   #329
BHPian

Default Few Images from paint booth

Attached are few images I took while the vehicle was getting painted.
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-0011.jpg
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-0021.jpg
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-0051.jpg

-Pramod
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:31   #330
Senior - BHPian

feels sad to see your new vehicle entirely stripped down...
Closed Thread