Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd March 2010, 15:38   #61

I have a Punto MJD E+. I just finished a trip to my native place (around 800 KMs to and fro). The odo now reads 4K KMs. The car handling was great.
The only problem I am facing is that of a noise level. I am not sure why but at around 120 KM/H the engine noise becomes very high and the car struggles to go past 120. Earlier it used to easily go past 120 and the noise levels were very low. Now my wife can easily tell if the car has reached 120 without looking at the odo.
What could be the problem. I hope its not serious one.
thealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:54   #62
BHPian

try global distributors. they stock neo wheels. PM me for the numbers
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:42   #63

Hi Soccerfan

First of all congratulations for your new prized possession. Punto is a very good car and should give you troublefree service for years to come.

However, can you tell something about the headlights of the car? Is the light throw adequate? I currently drive a Palio and the headlights are to kill for. The throw of Palio's headlights is simply amazing. But then there are 4 bulbs here, 2 for low and 2 for high beam. I understand that Punto has only 2 bulbs, but how is the beam formation and the throw?
johnniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniey View Post
Hi Soccerfan

However, can you tell something about the headlights of the car? Is the light throw adequate? I currently drive a Palio and the headlights are to kill for. The throw of Palio's headlights is simply amazing. But then there are 4 bulbs here, 2 for low and 2 for high beam. I understand that Punto has only 2 bulbs, but how is the beam formation and the throw?

which palio you are talking about as i have 1.9 D and headlights are just adequate.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniey View Post
Light is adequate . But anyway i have upgraded to 100/90 W . I have read that the palios headlights are amazing and better than that of Puntos'
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
But anyway i have upgraded to 100/90 W
Can this cause any problem with the electrical warranty of the car ?
cosmopolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:58   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Can this cause any problem with the electrical warranty of the car ?
Install with a relay and wiring kit and there wont be any problem.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:00   #68

I have a Palio 1.2 and the lights are way better than new cars like Swift, i20 etc.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:06   #69

Quote:
Light is adequate . But anyway i have upgraded to 100/90 W . I have read that the palios headlights are amazing and better than that of Puntos'
Did you get this fitted at the Authorised service center? And, if you don't mind, how much did it cost?
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:42   #70
BHPian

a car ax shop. It doesnt involve cutting any relays. so no warranty issues
Old 30th March 2010, 12:33   #71
BHPian

Speedo crossed the 8000 mark last week . Went for nitrogen top up last week and 2 tyres had dropped in pressure by around 2psi in 1.2months. but the other 2 read around 40PSI. i think those buggers while fitting the A-drives over filled the tyres. I was having a doubt that i was having a bumpy ride and this confirmed it. now i have a way smoother ride
Old 31st March 2010, 15:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Speedo crossed the 8000 mark last week . Went for nitrogen top up last week and 2 tyres had dropped in pressure by around 2psi in 1.2months. but the other 2 read around 40PSI. i think those buggers while fitting the A-drives over filled the tyres. I was having a doubt that i was having a bumpy ride and this confirmed it. now i have a way smoother ride
Congrats on another milestone

Would I sound too dumb if I asked what a Nitrogen top up is?
TusharPrabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 20:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharPrabhu View Post
Congrats on another milestone

Would I sound too dumb if I asked what a Nitrogen top up is?
Actually the tires were filled with nitrogen instead of air. So just like we reinflate with air periodically ,we need to refill nitrogen to restore the pressure. This is what is called a top up. Hope i didn't confuse you.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the tires were filled with nitrogen instead of air. So just like we reinflate with air periodically ,we need to refill nitrogen to restore the pressure. This is what is called a top up. Hope i didn't confuse you.

Not at all, thanks. Just didn't know Nitrogen was used instead of air. New thing learnt. Does it have some advantages over regular air and do all gas stations have it? See how ignorant I am on the subject?
TusharPrabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 10:22   #75
BHPian

see the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html (Inflating tyres with dry nitrogen) . Majority votes for going with nitrogen filling.