Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th August 2010, 21:33   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey Soccer...

Nice...how much did you get it for ?
Does it have to be permanent attachment or one can take it off as and when needed?
1.3K. Its screwed to the bottom with 4 screws. can take off in 5 mins if needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Would you suggest this over Mich?

How much did it cost? and from where?
It has got noisier recently. Not a match for xm1+ . But cheaper by around 700rs. Cost 3.2k/tyre @speed tyres, kochi.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 10:38   #107
BHPian

Default 15000/2nd service review

Reached the 15k mark in 11 months. Gave the car for service @ concorde , kochi. Gave it on tuesday Aug 31

Issues
------
1.Rattling sound from the dashboard
2.Clunking sound from the rear when going over the potholed roads (not humps)

The SA took a test drive with me and confirmed the two noises. He said its most likely the suspension thats the culprit for the 2nd issue.Had asked them not to do wheel alignment/balancing as I do this regularly from my trusted shop

He called the same day evening and said that they would need time to check the rear suspension noise. Called on Sep 1 and said that they have replaced the left shock absorber but the issue still persists. He said they might need to unmount the whole rear suspension and replace the suspension bush and this will take a significant amount of time as they haven't done this on a Punto yet. As I needed the car for the rest of the week I told to return the car. He asked to bring the car back when I can part with the car for 2-3 days. I shall get my bike from my native soon and then give car to replace the bush. I googled and came to a conclusion that its most likely the bush that is the culprit. Requesting inputs from Punto owners. I have read in some ownership reports that rear struts/bush were replaced.

There was a confusion regarding the pricing of engine oil (Selenia). They said its 950/l which I was sure its not. I raised this with their parts manager and he checked and confirmed that they had entered the part no for Mobil1 for Selenia in their database. This was corrected

I remember that the sound from rear started when the car went into a crater. Have to admit that I have did some "very above normal for potholed roads" speed through Keralas NH47 between Kochi and Kayamkulam which is in a pathetic state to say the least now post-monsoon.

Attaching the bill for your reference.

Punto Emotion - the driving diary - 15k/2nd service done-photo0083.jpg

Engine has become a bit more smoother and silent now.
They have suggested to replace the brake pads in another 6K kms
Car is still a dream to drive

Have to get the rear sound problem rectified soon.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:40   #108
BHPian

Even I was advised to change the front struts when I reported a noise coming from the front suspension. I doubted their diagnosis and didn't let them change the struts. The sound persisted for a while and then vanished. If you have any problem, always get a second opinion. Even if TASS is willing to replace something for free, remember that they can never match a factory fit.

My car is nearing 25k km and the brakes hasn't shown any signs of wear n tear. They are still very sharp. Just get your brake fluids topped up and brake pads cleaned up, regularly; they should do fine for another 15k km at the least.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 5th September 2010 at 11:41.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 21:20   #109
BHPian

Gave the car to A.S.S to correct the suspension noise on Wednesday. The SA called today evening and said that they have fixed it. I took a test drive and the noise is now gone. He said they have replaced right rear semitrailing arm. The billing showed "corrected" instead of replacement. I asked him about this. He said it was replaced from a new punto in their yard. He said that they dont get the lower arm bush as such and if they go for that they have to wait till the part arrives from Fiat. So they took one from the new car and put in mine. He said they will put a new one in the other car when they get the part. Not sure whether the poor buyer will be taken for a ride.anyway now the noise is gone

Also fitted the door sill protection plates. It looks good. Cost - Rs295. Will post the pictures soon