Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th January 2010, 08:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

"Once a Fiesta, always a Fiesta"....that is how it goes, eh? Great choice, buddy.

I miss my car a lot these days, as I am temporarily in Washinton DC. I spotted a few Focus and a couple of Fusions here---they are sedans, unlike in the UK.

I was also glad to hear the Ford US has seen a good increase in its sales in the US compared to Dec 2008.

Anyways, go Fida once over!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 09:01   #17
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Its all depends on the dealer because he is the one going to look after the car (Ford is not going to come and inspect what you have upgraded on the car etc?). So keep the dealer happy and he will assist you for such
things!
nairrk - I think you have a valid point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
cheers bro! she's a looker!!

PS: get the xpressmusic 5230 if Wi fi is not a requirement! It's perfect for 8.5 k!
I really miss not having a wi fi in my existing phone as I have a seamless wireless setup at home. Even I was considering Nokia 5230, but lack of wi fi made me go back to Nokia 5800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on your 2nd Fiesta! Does your music system have an auxillary input?
Yes, it has an Aux-in. Once I get my new phone, I will post the pic for sure with the phone's music player connected to the Aux-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
"Once a Fiesta, always a Fiesta"....that is how it goes, eh? Great choice, buddy.

I miss my car a lot these days, as I am temporarily in Washinton DC. I spotted a few Focus and a couple of Fusions here---they are sedans, unlike in the UK.

I was also glad to hear the Ford US has seen a good increase in its sales in the US compared to Dec 2008.

Anyways, go Fida once over!
Thanks vnabhi. Actually when I started my search, I was surprised (& a bit disappointed) to find out that Fiesta is still the best buy in this segment even after a gap of 3 years .
infallible79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 10:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post

Thanks vnabhi. Actually when I started my search, I was surprised (& a bit disappointed) to find out that Fiesta is still the best buy in this segment even after a gap of 3 years .
+
AS of now we have almost 80 fiesta owners in TBHP (Just see, incase you have not yet gone through, the thread ''All Fiesta Owners - You are here'',
and in the 2nd post you can see all the fiesta owner member names and the fiesta variant they own. 77 names already included (3 more to add including yours).
It simply proves that Fiesta is still a best buy?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 08:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@nairrk,

Dont worry sir, this year its going to be more than that figure coz Fiesta has released its first ltd edition 2010 model, read the ad in Time of India, Mumbai. Ford has begun the new year with a bang and hope to maintain the lead. Of course to keep Fiesta company there would be Figo by March end. Go fidaaaa.
Attached is the new Ford Fiesta 2010 Ltd edition.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford Fiesta 2010 ltd edition.pdf (457.1 KB, 409 views)
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 10:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@nairrk,

Dont worry sir, this year its going to be more than that figure coz Fiesta has released its first ltd edition 2010 model, read the ad in Time of India, Mumbai. Ford has begun the new year with a bang and hope to maintain the lead. Of course to keep Fiesta company there would be Figo by March end. Go fidaaaa.
Attached is the new Ford Fiesta 2010 Ltd edition.
+
Yes, it seems FORD has decided to go in full swing in Indian market with
their cars upgraded every now and then. And with EW etc many people are likely to turn to Ford cars as the previous major worry was costly service and spare parts which is not there now
Old 17th January 2010, 11:26   #21
BHPian

Smile

Hi All,

I had taken my car yesterday for getting the sunfilms installed from a car accessories shop called Car Cupid @ Sus-Pashan road (Pune).

Here are some pics before the sunfilms were installed. I could not take the after install pics as it became dark by the time the work was completed & it made no sense to take the pics then.

Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2411.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2412.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2413.jpg

I went for 3M with 50% visibility and it costed me Rs. 2200 which covered the 4 windows and rear glass.

Some differences which I noticed between my old Ford Fiesta 1.4 Petrol EXi & the new Ford Fiesta 1.6 Petrol SXi:
  1. The new one is much more smoother on rough roads. Not sure whether this is because of the Michelin Energy XM1+ (185/65 R14) which I have upgraded or because of some change done by Ford in their suspensions.
  2. The seat belt has gone very smooth.
  3. The horn is a bit stiff as compared to my old Fiesta. I had to apply a lot more pressure as compared to my old one. Not sure whether this is normal, so will point this out during my 1st service.
Will post more pics of the car with the sunfilms & some interior pics soon.

Cheers!
Amit
Old 19th January 2010, 10:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Hi All,

The horn is a bit stiff as compared to my old Fiesta. I had to apply a lot more pressure as compared to my old one. Not sure whether this is normal, so will point this out during my 1st service.
Will post more pics of the car with the sunfilms & some interior pics soon.

Cheers!
Amit
Congrats dude.

I have noticed that the fiestas with Air Bags need more pressure to be applied on the horn.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 10:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats dude.

I have noticed that the fiestas with Air Bags need more pressure to be applied on the horn.
+
Yes, I too think, that could be a reason for horn button stiffness.
Mine is ZXI and just a gentle touch is what needed to honk.
Old 19th January 2010, 13:37   #24

Hi infallible79, Congrats on your new car. I own a fiesta. once you drive a fiesta you will fall love with that, I can vouch for this.

One of my friends has taken a new Fiesta a couple days back incidentaly has has taken moondust silver and his earlier car was black.
Vijayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 13:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats dude.

This is correct. Nothing happens if you press in the middle in the airbags models. It honks only if the corners are pressed.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:44   #26
BHPian

Good buy Amit. Did you get any deals on insurance etc? Keep updating and posting pictures.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 08:46   #27
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Congrats dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yes, I too think, that could be a reason for horn button stiffness.
Mine is ZXI and just a gentle touch is what needed to honk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This is correct. Nothing happens if you press in the middle in the airbags models. It honks only if the corners are pressed.
@kiku007, nairrk, Gilead
I think this solves the puzzle of the stiff horn. Will again check this up with the service centre guys at the time of 1st free service. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayb View Post
Hi infallible79, Congrats on your new car. I own a fiesta. once you drive a fiesta you will fall love with that, I can vouch for this.

One of my friends has taken a new Fiesta a couple days back incidentaly has has taken moondust silver and his earlier car was black.
@Vijayb
Congrats to your friend as well. Once you drive a Fiesta you just fall in love with its sheer driving pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Good buy Amit. Did you get any deals on insurance etc? Keep updating and posting pictures.
@shadow
The insurance amount was 21K approx. Did not get any deals on insurance as such. But again, as there is a tie-up of Ford with my company, the on-road price was far less than other buyers. For e.g., one of my friend's cousin bought the same model & same color Fiesta (same delivery date) from the same dealer and his on-road price was 7.55L and my on-road price was 7.37L (a whooping difference of 18K).
Old 20th January 2010, 12:20   #28
BHPian

Do you have the pics with sun films on now with you? Can you please post the same? It will be a great help to me.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:45   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the 2nd Fiesta...

Wishing you many more miles with the car. Do keep updating with comments and pics.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Do you have the pics with sun films on now with you? Can you please post the same? It will be a great help to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congrats on the 2nd Fiesta...

Wishing you many more miles with the car. Do keep updating with comments and pics.
Folks,

I am leaving today for a 5 day trip to Kerala (going by flight and not driving my new Fiesta). Will only be able to post more pics once I am back next week.