Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 16:46   #121
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Thanks to both of you. Let me check it out.
You guys are absolutely right. Speed limit was set to 30 Kmph So I am getting this sound whenever I slow down and then accelerate past 30.
I didnt realize this, thank again.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 18:02   #122
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
You guys are absolutely right. Speed limit was set to 30 Kmph So I am getting this sound whenever I slow down and then accelerate past 30.
I didnt realize this, thank again.
Your Welcome, enjoy your car
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 22:04   #123
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Quick highway drive

Today I got chance to taste some highway driving. So far Hosur Road elevated highway was the only highway my poor car has seen (and one small trip on NICE road).
Though this one was very short (upto Innovative Film city), thoroughly enjoyed my drive. Car gives you supreme confidence in overaking & breaking. You can dart past other vehicles on almost any gear!!!
What more do you need on a crowded road like Mysore Road.

One grouse, AC appeared struggling on a hot day like today (Petra used to be super quick).
One reason is that I still dont have Sunfilm done on may car.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 22:07   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Today I got chance to taste some highway driving. So far Hosur Road elevated highway was the only highway my poor car has seen (and one small trip on NICE road).
Though this one was very short (upto Innovative Film city), thoroughly enjoyed my drive. Car gives you supreme confidence in overaking & breaking. You can dart past other vehicles on almost any gear!!!
What more do you need on a crowded road like Mysore Road.

One grouse, AC appeared struggling on a hot day like today (Petra used to be super quick).
One reason is that I still dont have Sunfilm done on may car.
I agree with both the points.

- The engine, grearbox, chassis and breaks are fantastic.

- A/c is not up to the mark.Film or no film, it should cool. This problem really needs to be resolved as I hate filming and I still want a cool drive - as chilling as my NHC and Tucson....
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:48   #125
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

yes i even noticed it in my new laura, the ac is abit week, takes time to cool..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 12:48   #126
BHPian
 
rxpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 338
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Does switching on the AC also hamper the power from the engine ? What i mean is that on a Santro/800 /small cars when one turns AC on, you feel a brake/load like effort, whereas in my 1.8 Octy TPI there is no such power sapping effect.
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 14:34   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Does switching on the AC also hamper the power from the engine ? What i mean is that on a Santro/800 /small cars when one turns AC on, you feel a brake/load like effort, whereas in my 1.8 Octy TPI there is no such power sapping effect.
No power sapping effect on the 1.8Tsi either. But cooling is not upto mark.
Let's see what happens in the summer. It's going to be the first summer of the Tsi in India.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:25   #128
BHPian
 
rxpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 338
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

A reason for less cooling could be less R-134A / AC gas. When i was in the middle east, i used to get the AC gas topped up every month in summer and the AC was supercool then. Most European & American imports into the ME had relative weaker AC's.

Is the AC weak for the Diesel Laura also? Maybe Anand you could just get the gas levels checked !
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:00   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
A reason for less cooling could be less R-134A / AC gas. When i was in the middle east, i used to get the AC gas topped up every month in summer and the AC was supercool then. Most European & American imports into the ME had relative weaker AC's.

Is the AC weak for the Diesel Laura also? Maybe Anand you could just get the gas levels checked !
OK. Will check the levels - if they would do it for free.
BTW, we are still into our winter here and still the AC takes it's time to cool during afternoon drives (the consolation is that it finally wins over the heat and cools the cabin else this would have been an escalation to Skoda by now. I am going to observe everything about the car over another month to draw a fair opinion on all the aspects before reporting to skoda or posting a long term review here)

BTW, R134 leakage or A/C weakness has never been observed with my Honda City or Hyundai Tucson in last 5 years...
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 15:58   #130
BHPian
 
rxpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 338
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, R134 leakage or A/C weakness has never been observed with my Honda City or Hyundai Tucson in last 5 years...
Yes...even my Santro used for 10 years never needed an AC gas top up, but my E36 was a AC gas guzzler. In fact many in the Middle East used to replace their original Euro AC compressors with a Japanese compressor.
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 18:01   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

AC of Laura Diesel is also less effective. On a hot summer day, with ac at lowest point also is not able to chill the cabin properly. And this problem is since, the beginning in my car. All other indian cars that I have , are much better in terms of cooling as compared to ac Laura.

Quite amused to read the post about speed warning sound- and wondering why even ASC couldnt figure out.

Sure, you guys are having fun with your drives and wish you many thousands happy miles and smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
OK. Will check the levels - if they would do it for free.
BTW, we are still into our winter here and still the AC takes it's time to cool during afternoon drives (the consolation is that it finally wins over the heat and cools the cabin else this would have been an escalation to Skoda by now. I am going to observe everything about the car over another month to draw a fair opinion on all the aspects before reporting to skoda or posting a long term review here)

BTW, R134 leakage or A/C weakness has never been observed with my Honda City or Hyundai Tucson in last 5 years...
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 23:58   #132
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post

Quite amused to read the post about speed warning sound- and wondering why even ASC couldnt figure out.
Assume that by 'ASC', you refer skoda dealership/people.
Some of them are pathetic in their technical knowledge, especially the executives who come for testdrive.
One person told me that Petrol model has only 5 gears and if there is any 6th gear that should be the reverse gear.

Last edited by sivadas : 7th March 2010 at 00:05.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 04:42   #133
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2010 at 10:21.
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2010, 12:36   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 178
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Well atleast you had a visit from the exec. When i called them over, they sent just the car with a driver. Short staffed or overconfident i dont know.

@Sivadas - Congrats on your purchase. How is the car's GC? Does it manage over the speed breakers & other things the road throws at you?

Last edited by harishsegar : 7th March 2010 at 12:43.
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 18:06   #135
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Well atleast you had a visit from the exec. When i called them over, they sent just the car with a driver. Short staffed or overconfident i dont know.

@Sivadas - Congrats on your purchase. How is the car's GC? Does it manage over the speed breakers & other things the road throws at you?
Thanks harishsegar.

GC is 164, and what I have seen is that with 4-5 people I need to be careful with the large humps. Otherwise not an issue. That means similar to cars like Swift, Fiesta etc.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How and when did you learn to drive? camry93 Street Experiences 470 24th July 2015 14:13
Never say never amitsatpathy Introduce yourself 7 3rd July 2015 10:59
Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura deuce-deuce The Indian Car Scene 94 11th July 2008 06:53
Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance ajmat The Indian Car Scene 139 27th August 2007 10:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks