Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th February 2010, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Guys a question, can you put a power steering in it from the market, may be the Alto or swift oem.
ranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 20:40   #32
BHPian

Another query. I would be seriously interested in an Eeco WITH 7 seats WITH AC, something which is currently not available. I have three options at hand:

1. Buy an Eeco 5-seater AC and fit an additional seat in the rear. This is a cheaper option (only to buy an additional seat), but it may not be legal as the RC book would specify the number of passengers permitted in the car, which originally is 5.

2. Buy an Eeco 7-seat without AC and then get the AC fitted in the car. This is a more expensive option (price and installation of the AC), but this should not have any legal issues as I don't think the RC book mentions if the car is fitted with an AC or not.

3. Buy an Eeco 5-seater standard and fit an additional seat in the rear and an AC. This could well be the cheapest option, even though I will have to fit an additional seat and an AC. But again, it may not be legal as the RC book would specify the number of passengers permitted in the car, which originally is 5.

Now, will the installation of an AC on a 7-seat Eeco pose any threat or cause any damage to the engine? I'm aware from earlier posts that a 7-seater Eeco with AC could make the Eeco sluggish, but I'm not too bothered about a drop in performance. I'm more interested if I can take seven family members on a picnic/function/religious services, etc. IN ONE CAR (and that too, in a Rs 3.5 - 3.75 lakh car), instead of having to take two cars.

Opinion in this matter would be appreciated.
Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 17th February 2010 at 20:41.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 21:51   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
1. Buy an Eeco 5-seater AC and fit an additional seat in the rear. This is a cheaper option (only to buy an additional seat), but it may not be legal as the RC book would specify the number of passengers permitted in the car, which originally is 5.
you can get it endorsed for 7 seater in RC. There is not exise duty difference like it once existed for 8-9 seaters.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 20:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

A poor man's Xylo/Innova.
It would be better called the Rich Man's Omni
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 19:19   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

A quick query. Is the engine in the echo mounted under the driver seats or is it ahead inside the short hood?

How does the A/c cool the van with the engine under the seats? Does it lead to loss of cooling due to engine heat?
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 20:27   #36
BHPian

I have been using OMNI since last four years and bought a new OMNI recently in last october
Eeco is surely a car to be look after with its seven seater capacity
Guys I can tell you these MPVs are of great use if you need to go to places like Chandi Chowk daily with 5-6 people on board. but then apart from styling maruti should atleast provide PS and AC in seven seater Eeco
These are only things which are missing in Eeco.
I think should wait and let Maruti come up with & seater with PS and AC.
<Badguy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
A quick query. Is the engine in the echo mounted under the driver seats or is it ahead inside the short hood?

How does the A/c cool the van with the engine under the seats? Does it lead to loss of cooling due to engine heat?

The engine is under the front seats, I test drove an eeco about a week ago.

The A/C seemed fine but its much cooler at this time of the year, so one cant comment about the A/C performance during the summer months.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:37   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
So whats under the hood. Would be nice to see a underhood shot!
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

The A/C seemed fine but its much cooler at this time of the year, so one cant comment about the A/C performance during the summer months.
if it is the same ac used in Versa,it is just fantastic;however,since the car has a large area covered by glass,a decent film would make a world of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
don't have a shot but can describe - lift the left seat and you can see the battery,main fuse box,engine oil filler cap and tappet cover.To access spark plugs,battery needs to be removed.

lift the right seat and access the oil dipstick,air filter,fuel vapour filter,fuel filter,throttle body,ac compressor
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 01:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Well its almost empty!

Except for the radiator & Fans, jack and a few more things which I am not being able to recall.

But the rest of it is pretty much empty, one can easily see the tarmac below.
Old 21st February 2010, 10:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

I did not have a TD I saw the car. For family and people carry more luggages, it is the good car in this economical price.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 02:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I did not have a TD I saw the car. For family and people carry more luggages, it is the good car in this economical price.
+1

For the price, the EECO is unbeatable.

Last edited by maglev : 22nd February 2010 at 02:43.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:58   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Price for Eecho at TRV (OTR)

5 non AC: 3.05 lac
5 AC: 3.3lac
7 non AC: 3.19 lac

Eecho doesn't come with 7 seater AC?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 13:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Another query. I would be seriously interested in an Eeco WITH 7 seats WITH AC, something which is currently not available. I have three options at hand:

2. Buy an Eeco 7-seat without AC and then get the AC fitted in the car. This is a more expensive option (price and installation of the AC), but this should not have any legal issues as I don't think the RC book mentions if the car is fitted with an AC or not.

3. Buy an Eeco 5-seater standard and fit an additional seat in the rear and an AC. This could well be the cheapest option, even though I will have to fit an additional seat and an AC. But again, it may not be legal as the RC book would specify the number of passengers permitted in the car, which originally is 5.

Now, will the installation of an AC on a 7-seat Eeco pose any threat or cause any damage to the engine? I'm aware from earlier posts that a 7-seater Eeco with AC could make the Eeco sluggish, but I'm not too bothered about a drop in performance. I'm more interested if I can take seven family members on a picnic/function/religious services, etc. IN ONE CAR (and that too, in a Rs 3.5 - 3.75 lakh car), instead of having to take two cars.

Opinion in this matter would be appreciated.
Melvyn
Get a 7-seater without AC and get the AC fitted either from the dealer or after-market. It's best not to take chances on the RTO registration, as aftermarket AC fitment is more common and so a better alternative. I assume with the AC the idle RPM setting for the engine may have to be modified, but I am no expert. If you ask around in the market or the dealership, they may be able to provide more info along with pricing. Getting it at the dealer's would ensure you are covered by a comprehensive warranty at the same place.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Default Neat Eeco

Thought I'd just share. Not that its a looker, yet neatly done.

Oops. I just saw the shake. Sorry about that.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Eeco: Quick Test Drive-image0162.jpg  

Last edited by beejay : 2nd June 2010 at 18:35. Reason: oops.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote