Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th January 2010, 21:27   #31
BHPian

December 1st week we had plans only to book one vehicle The Superb.But as time passed and one of my visits to our client near the showroom at Andheri, happened to take a closer look the laura .

Got back home and discussed of sellin off our "Fusion" and buyin the laura. Saw an ad in the paper about some discount scheme running for the month of Dec.

Booking amount was given within 2 days of reading the ad.You can call this impulse buying.

BTW We havent actually taken a TD of both these vehicles. Just read about it on the forum and a few suggestions from our very own team Bhpian friends

Thanks guys .. will mention their names with pics (will be doing more justice once we have both vehicles delivered)
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 02:15   #32
BHPian

How are you going to enjoy the Laura now that you have gotten a Superb?
holysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Booking amount was given within 2 days of reading the ad.You can call this impulse buying.

BTW We havent actually taken a TD of both these vehicles. Just read about it on the forum and a few suggestions from our very own team Bhpian friends
Well, a Superb and a Laura TSI without a TD, thats some impulse! (considering I took 3 months and multiple TDs to buy the TSI and worried myself sick). Congrats and safe driving.
Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:26   #34
BHPian

Default Some more pics.

Hey guys sorry I have been really caught up with work . Enclosing some more snaps for u guys

I think Laura would be in before end of this month and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Color now would not be silver but BLACK..

Shall keep you guys updated on the same.

Thanks to our very own Bhpians NC and RJ for all the help and support you guys have given.. and Gautam please stop laughing about the Paddle shift in the superb I wasn't aware of till the vehicle was delivered
Attached Thumbnails
2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00075201001221138.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00078201001221141.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00079201001221142.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00080201001221142.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00081201001221143.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00082201001221144.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Default Disaster strikes again

Hi guys,

Its been a long wait for the Laura and as the subject highlights "Disaster strikes again", but this time with the sibling laura :(

As promised a fellow bhpian and me go for taking the delivery of the laura yesterday evening and were shocked to see some things which I am going to share with you guys.

I was disappointed by the very fact that the color I am settling in for was black as against the silver we had ordered. It took over 1 month for the scheduled delivery and 2 emi's had already gone without the car's possession.
(1st emi with the DP and the 2nd on the 1st of Feb) :(

We enter the compound and see the vehicle standing among other cars minus the number plate. We go upstairs and take the car keys to inspect it.

1) Closer look at the front logo/monogram -someone had tried to flick it. Screwdriver marks clearly visible.

2) Front mud flaps missing - I know it does not come as a standard but dealer had promised it would be given complimentary.

3) ABS warning light switched on.

4) Torn front left tyre.

5) No insulation under bonnette missing

6) Sticker near spare wheel - torn

We made not of all these and have spoken to the dealer who has said:

1) Changed logo/monogram if it is damaged

2) Mud flaps would be done today

3) ABS light would be on due to loose contact in fuse and would be checked and set right.

4) Tyre would be replaced with fresh new tyre NCT 5.

5) I am in fact shocked to hear that the insulation does not come as a standard in petrol variants) - as told by dealer.

6) The sticker which carries all information about the vehicle was tampered and torn and the justification given was ( the sticker needs to be removed from that place and stuck on the warranty booklet) since it did not come off completely, the dealer said he would check at his end and give me the other torn part which was with him.

I don't know what to make out of this, but I have had such a bad experience even before owning these beauties. Don't know when these guys would make ownership a good experience.
Attached Thumbnails
2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00123201002021708.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00119201002021707.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00120201002021707.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00116201002021706.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00117201002021706.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00124201002021709.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 12:37   #36
BHPian

hi congrats on both your super rides, its good you made a detailed pre- delivery inspection of the car, but its shocking to know, that a brand new car can have torn tyres? i hope you did a detailed take on the Superb at the time of delivery?drive safe
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
hi congrats on both your super rides, its good you made a detailed pre- delivery inspection of the car, but its shocking to know, that a brand new car can have torn tyres? i hope you did a detailed take on the Superb at the time of delivery?drive safe
@TRANSAM , thanks bro.. Yeah I did have a look at these finer points on the superb too , the only missing thing was the mud flaps which I got it fixed at time of delivery.

Update as of 10 min back :
1) ABS warning light - rectified.

2) Since I am going in for a tyre change , the dealer has agreed to pay the difference for 1 tyre.

3) Mud flaps are fixed as of today morning.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:45   #38
BHPian

Torn tyre and screwdriver marks do not sound good ! You are a big customer to them with two new Skoda cars and they really should be more worried than you to keep you satisfied. Hopefully all your issues will be resolved and wish you good luck !!
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:55   #39
BHPian

Congrats hvishwanathan on your purchase. Superb seems to be the benchmark car in its segement. Be careful with the after sales and have a rocking time ahead.
princemanatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:12   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Skodas ! I recommend you get the tyres changes ASAP to get the best buy back price, I switched our Superb's tyres with Yoko A-drive R1 for a difference of 4000Rs for all 5 tyres last week from Saifee. The NCT5 are prone to sidewall damages and not too good for comfort or handling.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:25   #41
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The absence of insulation under the bonnet could be due to the fact that the petrol engine is quite silent and they figure it is not required in the TSI but essential in the TDI & PD TD.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 07:50   #42
BHPian

Just got the car washed this morning . Black looks good as ever changed all tyres to michelin xm1's last evening itself .will get the logos removed at my workshop and replace it with radium stickers :( they would get stolen otherwise . Getting sun films and stanley covers either today or tomorrow .
Old 4th February 2010, 09:58   #43
BHPian

congrats on your purchase. Wish you a happy and safe driving.
diveshsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 10:58   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the car washed this morning . Black looks good as ever changed all tyres to michelin xm1's last evening itself .will get the logos removed at my workshop and replace it with radium stickers :( they would get stolen otherwise . Getting sun films and stanley covers either today or tomorrow .
Why don't you remove the alloys and side mirrors too, what if they get stolen !? Come on ! Don't be over cautious, what's the point in ruining the car's looks just because you are scared it MIGHT get stolen. Replace the logo if it gets stolen,it's all a part of the game. And if it gets stolen way to often then perhaps you can resort to such drastic steps like using a radium sticker.

XM1's are a good choice for smaller cars, should have gone for something more premium for these.

Suggest you get stanley to custom fit the leather rather than put a cover which will get loose over time.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 11:06   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
xm1s will be scary on the tsi. i think you might have made the wrong choice there if you like some spirited driving.

oh cmon, i agree with sahil, who knows your logos might not get stolen afterall.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote