Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th February 2010, 12:33   #31
BHPian

Congrats sir for your new elegant purchase
cosmopolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 16:13   #32
BHPian

Dear Brother,Congrats
if possible please post interior pics..
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 18:42   #33
BHPian

Congrats! for your new car and i must say you had put your money in the right slot in terms of brand, ergonomics, after sales and driveability is concerned. Would like to see more insight review of yours on it after a while.
ddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 23:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
By the way,IIRC,didn't you own a Versa earlier?
Yes, I did; sold it in 2006 I think, after 3 odd years and 45K odd kilometers. Enjoyed it (my wife liked it too) till I decided to have a chauffeur six days a week. The back seats were not suitable for that.

BTW, how did you know?
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 14:59   #35
BHPian

Default Brake problem before 1st free service – Toyota Corolla Altis J variant

Requesting MODS to change the title to – Brake problem before 1st free service – Toyota Corolla Altis J variant (Lanson, Chennai)

Took the Altis for the 1st free service on Saturday morning to Lanson Toyota, Pallikaranai (Velachery). The car had been veering to the left on braking at 100+ kms speeds. After a test drive to confirm the same they took the Altis in. The accessories dept exec promised to change the ‘malfunctioning’ reverse sensors. Delivery was promised in 2 – 3 hours and they requested me to leave my chauffeur behind for the same. However I took him along to drive our Santro to work. In the early evening they called back and said that adjusting the calipers did not seem to settle the braking problem and that they would need time till Monday evening (groan). No choice for me. Monday late afternoon when I called to check they told me that the problem was sorted out (something to do with adjusting the brakes) and I could take delivery. The car was ready on arrival and a test drive revealed that the pulling to the left on braking was settled. The reverse sensors had also been ‘changed’ according to them.

The Lanson Toyota service person told me that this is the first time they had faced such a problem in a new Altis. Not looking forward to any more dubious firsts!

They had driven the Altis around several times in the process of sorting out the problem. The odometer indicated that over 80 kilometers of driving had been done in the 3 days that the car was at Lanson; the fuel gauge was also down from just under the half mark to between quarter and half full.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:34   #36
BHPian

I hope Murugan your problems are sorted out for good.Can understand your frustration. A new car should be defect free . Do write to toyota if your problems persist .

I would be boiling if i were you if i would have braking issues on a new car. Do keep us posted on how things go for you hereon.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 20:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
The Lanson Toyota service person told me that this is the first time they had faced such a problem in a new Altis. Not looking forward to any more dubious firsts!
The 1st batch of Altises had issues in the form of brake squeal at low speeds <25 kmph but I havent heard of uneven braking pressure which is probably causes the car to pull to one side.

They replaced the front brake pads in my car and the problem went away. I am keen to know how they resolve your car's problem.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 10:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I would be boiling if i were you if i would have braking issues on a new car. Do keep us posted on how things go for you hereon.
BTW, from other threads, I gather that brake is the only major problem with Toyota Fortuner.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 12:13   #39
BANNED

Murugan, congratulations on your new ride.Nice choice of colour as well.Hope they had rectified all those niggles in your new car and you enjoy its ride.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 19:58   #40
BHPian

Dear sir,
can you please post the interior pictures of your car. I have not come across an Altis J variant so far and im really interested to see ones interiors.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 20:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did; sold it in 2006 I think, after 3 odd years and 45K odd kilometers. Enjoyed it (my wife liked it too) till I decided to have a chauffeur six days a week. The back seats were not suitable for that.

BTW, how did you know?
Remembered your post in a thread on 42000km Ownership report of a Versa.

Some fellow BHPians' names always ring a bell
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 23:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Took the Altis for the 1st free service on Saturday morning to Lanson Toyota, Pallikaranai (Velachery). The car had been veering to the left on braking at 100+ kms speeds. After a test drive to confirm the same they took the Altis in.
A friend told me that a car with ABS (like my new Toyota Corolla Altis J variant) is not supposed to change direction during panic braking at high speeds even if the road surface is wet/ slippery. As such he was surprised to know about the problem I faced with my new Altis on good roads.
Old 18th June 2010, 03:09   #43
BHPian

The body colored mud flaps were fixed free of cost a couple of months ago after much wrangling. The NCB from our Dzire (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ervations.html (Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations)) was transferred by the insurance company to our new Corolla Altis and we received the cheque for refund amount a couple of weeks ago from Lanson Toyota.

The reverse sensor is working well and is quite useful. Miss the day-night rear view mirror though.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

congrats murugan on your car. and yea hopefully your problems will be sorted out. nothing that they cannot figure out and sort out.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:00   #45
BHPian

i have an altis since last 8 -9 months. use regular fuel. engines been de-tuned to run on it so might as well use that. have had no problems what so ever after driving it for about 5500 odd kms. its not in your face like the civic but a very very good car in its own practical way.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote