Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2010, 14:50   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
ic, such things are unavoidable, like the bank loan process and stuff, they take their own sweet time
Your O.T.R. is 4.08 lacs after discount? I believe it is a bit less in Pune, did you consider that option?
Have been planning to buy the Vista TDI/Quadrajet versions this month(June-2010). The OTR prices currently in Hyderabad are as follows:
1) Vista TDI Aqua: Ex-Showroom-412919, Life Tax-49800, Insurance-12384, Extd Warranty-4250, AMC-6475, Customer Care Charges-2500.
With the Insurance waiver offer & other default freebies the Total OTR comes to 475944/-

2) Vista Quadrajet Aqua: Ex-Showroom-467040, Life Tax-56295, Insurance-13874, Extd Warranty-4500, AMC-7475, Customer Care Charges-2500.
With the Insurance waiver offer & other default freebies the Total OTR comes to 537810/-

Can anyone suggest if it is worthwhile or any VFM buying at this time ?
By the way, I was initially considering the fully loaded Ritz Petrol(VXI) which comes at OTR: 512000/-.
RallyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 00:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyCar View Post
Have been planning to buy the Vista TDI/Quadrajet versions this month(June-2010). The OTR prices currently in Hyderabad are as follows:
1) Vista TDI Aqua: Ex-Showroom-412919, Life Tax-49800, Insurance-12384, Extd Warranty-4250, AMC-6475, Customer Care Charges-2500.
With the Insurance waiver offer & other default freebies the Total OTR comes to 475944/-

2) Vista Quadrajet Aqua: Ex-Showroom-467040, Life Tax-56295, Insurance-13874, Extd Warranty-4500, AMC-7475, Customer Care Charges-2500.
With the Insurance waiver offer & other default freebies the Total OTR comes to 537810/-

Can anyone suggest if it is worthwhile or any VFM buying at this time ?
By the way, I was initially considering the fully loaded Ritz Petrol(VXI) which comes at OTR: 512000/-.
Go for it, if possible the Quadrajet. It does certain things better than the ritz as well (looks and space).

Do share the approximate usage details, just to know whether the diesel advantage is required or not.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 19:51   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Go for it, if possible the Quadrajet. It does certain things better than the ritz as well (looks and space).

Do share the approximate usage details, just to know whether the diesel advantage is required or not.

My usage & requirements are as below:
1) 500 kms/month average (85% city, 15% highway)
2) Budget 5 Lakhs including ICE and all fittings.
3) Expecting atleast moderate resale value in 3-5 years when I would be going in for a sedan.
4) Expected Mileage: Atleast 15 km/L in city.
5) Will be going for 50% downpayment and balance in loan(SBI -8%)
6) Am a sedate driver in city and dont prefer being the first off the block.

NOTE: Have ruled out the following hatches due to reasons mentioned.
- Swift, Punto due to leg room and cost constraints. We are a family of 6 footers.
- i10 due to finger tip gearing/clutch/break which is too smooth for my liking.
- Have sold my Wagon R recently, so the Blue Eyed Boy is Out of question.

Recent Experiences: Have recently driven the Ritz Diesel and I liked the gearing and the smoothness above all the above hatches, but it is around 75K above my budget. Vista TDI is the cheapest diesel in this segment and is very tempting offer. Ford Figo TDCI is another option, but god knows about its service network beyond the city limits. This is such a difficult decision. There are just too many hatches around and nothing ideal for tall guys

My Current Wishlist:
- Swift Diesel with 1/2 feet more legroom.
- Indica Concept S Diesel. But change the backside paper strip lighting to something like Ritz/Honda-CRV/Punto.
- Indigo CS TDI BS-4 with ABS and Airbags
- Indigo CS with Quadrajet Engine with ABS and Airbags.
- Indica Vista TDI BS-4 with ABS and Airbags.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Vista. I would also suggest that you go for the Quadrajet, as you will recover the additional investment during resale. I suspect that the Tdi will not hold it's value well.
Also, the Quadrajet implementation in the Vista is the best among the cars using the Fiat 1.3MJD, it's quiet, and the power delivery is very smooth (unlike the Swift's and Ritz's peaky 1800rpm surge).
Old 16th June 2010, 00:03   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Go for the Vista. I would also suggest that you go for the Quadrajet, as you will recover the additional investment during resale. I suspect that the Tdi will not hold it's value well.
Also, the Quadrajet implementation in the Vista is the best among the cars using the Fiat 1.3MJD, it's quiet, and the power delivery is very smooth (unlike the Swift's and Ritz's peaky 1800rpm surge).
Hi, I keep hearing many issues with Tata cars/A.S.S in this forum and elsewhere and am yet to find anyone who had no issues at all. There is always some issue with rattling sounds, AC, vibration, wheel alignment..etc.

I heard in some forum that the TDI is good for 1 lakh kms and it then starts giving issues. Quadrajet is good for 4 lakh kms?.

Provided the Vista SAFIRE and TDI are coming at same initial cost, would it be wise to go for the TDI model instead?
Old 16th June 2010, 06:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyCar View Post
Hi, I keep hearing many issues with Tata cars/A.S.S in this forum and elsewhere and am yet to find anyone who had no issues at all. There is always some issue with rattling sounds, AC, vibration, wheel alignment..etc.

I heard in some forum that the TDI is good for 1 lakh kms and it then starts giving issues. Quadrajet is good for 4 lakh kms?.

Provided the Vista SAFIRE and TDI are coming at same initial cost, would it be wise to go for the TDI model instead?

One thing I can assure you of, is that the Vista has not had any major quality issues. The Tdi is a very reliable engine (did it's duty in the Indigo too) and if you are trying to choose between the Saffire and the Tdi, go for the Tdi if the price is same.
Old 16th June 2010, 08:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

The TDi engine is a work horse, and can withstand rough usage - you can see the living testimony of it in many indigo cabs running around.
I was in almost same dilemma when I was looking for a car, and at last, I zeroed in on TDi, and till now, we have faced ZERO issues from the car, touchwood (have been using her for about 8 months now).
If you are choosing between Saffire and Tdi, go for TDi – the car is real VFM, and will serve you well.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote