Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 13:51   #106
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi: Reader review - Rediff Getahead

Did you send your review to rediff ? If not, this is another serious case of plagiarism that needs to be dealt with.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:54   #107
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi: Reader review - Rediff Getahead

Did you send your review to rediff ? If not, this is another serious case of plagiarism that needs to be dealt with.

Rohan
They did ask me for the permission. They have picked up the article from my website. Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi – Initial Impressions Review | RonakG.in

I was fine as far as they give the credit to me for the article.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:47   #108
BHPian
 
kanuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 83
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Saw your black Ritz in the gallery. One of the very few black ones I've seen. PS: If you're on facebook, drop by the Ritz fan page there. Quite a community we've building there.
kanuj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 10:29   #109
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Saw your black Ritz in the gallery. One of the very few black ones I've seen. PS: If you're on facebook, drop by the Ritz fan page there. Quite a community we've building there.
Whoa, I didn't know about that. Looks like they've kept my car's photo as official image .

Thanks man.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 09:48   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Hi, I've booked a Ritz Zxi. Am listing out accessories and was totally confused with the sunfilm. Browsed through the giant threads and am sort of convinced to get a sunfilm installed on all sides (font+rear included). But, have a couple of questions unanswered still.

1. Is it not an issue to get a sunfilm installed when the car comes with a defogger for both front & rear screens? Did you get films on front/rear? Not sure if the defogger works from the outside or the inside.

2. The 3M RE35 on your car seems to have a silver tint. Are these legally allowed (no offense! )?

Not sure if I should post it on the sunfilm thread but since these concern Ritz Zxi too, thought I'd ask here. Please help. Thanks.
dreamz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:43   #111
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
Hi, I've booked a Ritz Zxi. Am listing out accessories and was totally confused with the sunfilm. Browsed through the giant threads and am sort of convinced to get a sunfilm installed on all sides (font+rear included). But, have a couple of questions unanswered still.
Congratulations.

Quote:
1. Is it not an issue to get a sunfilm installed when the car comes with a defogger for both front & rear screens? Did you get films on front/rear? Not sure if the defogger works from the outside or the inside.
Not really. Front defogger just sprays hot air to the glass which defogs any mist. So it doesn't interfere with the sunfilm if it is installed correctly.

Rear sunfilm can cause issues when removing because of the copper strips that work as defoggers.

My advice is to get the sunfilms installed only through authorized dealers of either 3M or VKool. Don't go for cheap sunfilms.

Quote:
2. The 3M RE35 on your car seems to have a silver tint. Are these legally allowed (no offense! )?
The silver tint is not illegal, but the sunfilm with less than 50% visibility is illegal.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 16:06   #112
Newbie
 
Sam007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Hi Gandhi,

I am considering a Black Ritz ZXi. I had two concerns about buying black - AC effectiveness versus lighter colours and higher maintenance of the body panels (to ensure sparkling finish).

As you have owned a similar car for two plus years, I wanted to check your experience on these two parameters. Also, can you post any latest pictures.

Thanks
Sam007
Sam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 17:08   #113
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
Hi Gandhi,

I am considering a Black Ritz ZXi. I had two concerns about buying black - AC effectiveness versus lighter colours and higher maintenance of the body panels (to ensure sparkling finish).

As you have owned a similar car for two plus years, I wanted to check your experience on these two parameters. Also, can you post any latest pictures.

Thanks
Sam007
You are right about the black color. It does take some extra effort (which I haven't been able to spend) to maintain the same black color that comes out of factory. If you can make sure you shampoo wash the car once every week and a rubbing + wax polish once every 3-4 months, it should be OK.

I don't know about the AC effectiveness as I'd have to sit in a ligher color Ritz at the same time to make out any difference . But I don't think it should make much of a difference.

I'll post the pictures soon, give me a few days.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 23:11   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 9,107 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

How about an update?? My car is due for its fourth service, any pointers/ information would be appreciated.
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 23:35   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi: Reader review - Rediff Getahead

Did you send your review to rediff ? If not, this is another serious case of plagiarism that needs to be dealt with.

Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
They did ask me for the permission. They have picked up the article from my website. Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi – Initial Impressions Review | RonakG.in

I was fine as far as they give the credit to me for the article.
Ronak it is really a crisp and straight-out-of-the-heart review. Nice!

This is totally . The reason I'm writing this post is to urge you bhp-ians not to permit sites like rediff to copy your reviews, even though they give you credit for it. The reason: just see the kind of comments that people have posted there. People have posted in an abusive tone and attacked personal views. My blood boils after reading such comments. I'm sure, Ronak, you might have felt even more infuriated. Hope you won't take this post of mine in a wrong way.

MODS:You can delete this post of mine if you feel it is unnecessary.

Thanks

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 10th June 2012 at 23:36.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 09:11   #116
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Ronak it is really a crisp and straight-out-of-the-heart review. Nice!

This is totally . The reason I'm writing this post is to urge you bhp-ians not to permit sites like rediff to copy your reviews, even though they give you credit for it. The reason: just see the kind of comments that people have posted there. People have posted in an abusive tone and attacked personal views. My blood boils after reading such comments. I'm sure, Ronak, you might have felt even more infuriated. Hope you won't take this post of mine in a wrong way.

MODS:You can delete this post of mine if you feel it is unnecessary.

Thanks
Thanks blue_pulsar. I know there were some abusive comments on Rediff, so I stopped looking at that article altogether. I don't give two hoots about those comments anyways.

Thanks for showing concern towards me.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:07   #117
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

With a heavy heart, I've sold my Ritz. We are relocating out of country, so there was no option to retain him. The journey has been wonderful and I have lot of memories of him. Ritz will remain in my heart as my first automobile love .

These are the final photos -

Name:  5I35Gb5Mb3K13Ic3H7c691b836677fbd6181e.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  5Id5E45Kf3G73Na3H8c69dae8790580eb1ff7.jpg
Views: 2300
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  5E45H95Jd3K43L33I7c69913455cb8e841c09.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  40.7 KB

Adieu my friend.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue robimahanta Travelogues 35 22nd April 2014 12:52
Red Bull Racing Cans: Chance to visit the Red Bull Racing HQ in Milton Keynes varun_patra Indian Motorsport 0 22nd July 2011 15:51
My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi. Gandhi Hatchbacks 93 24th November 2009 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks