Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 14:35   #2011
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You know what - I work in the IT division of Ford, and the dealer told me that that department is not covered. I'm sitting still from that shock.

I just think I made a big mistake choosing Ford. Penny pinchers.
The dealer is conning you. Corp discounts are at a company level and not at a department level. Admin, HR, coders or accountants of a particular company get the same deal. File a complaint through customer service as well. I don't know what policies Ford has with respect to employee offers and schemes though.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th April 2010 at 14:38.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:52   #2012
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I called the Customer Care and told the lady about it. She was as bored as a fly on stale halwa.

She took my number and said that she will get back to me.

Plus, after I paid the full money - the Sales Cons told me that suddenly the lot will come after Tuesday. Promised day was today.

This whole thing is raising a stink. Maybe I should have chosen another car. I havent slept properly in days.

Anyway - this is OT in this particular thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The dealer is conning you. Corp discounts are at a company level and not at a department level. Admin, HR, coders or accountants of a particular company get the same deal. File a complaint through customer service as well. I don't know what policies Ford has with respect to employee offers and schemes though.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 15:01   #2013
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Guess who's car has been delivered!!!

Picasa Web Albums - starweb - Figo
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 15:40   #2014
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Guess who's car has been delivered!!!

Picasa Web Albums - starweb - Figo
don't tell me Mkerala??
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:06   #2015
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 508
Thanked: 301 Times
Default

I bet it's him, see the squeeze shirt to go along with the Figo??
Finally the wait is over.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 18:46   #2016
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Yes. My heartiest Congratulations to Mkerala !

@Brix : Everyone is getting corporate discounts, PM silverknight, I guess he got a list of companies eligible for corporate discount. He was also denied earlier but when he called up CC, They told him that his company is in the list.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th April 2010 at 18:49.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:07   #2017
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@silverknight, is the figo more spacious at the back than the Punto?
I am 178cm tall. When the front seats are adjusted to my comfort, the knee room I have is significantly more in Figo than in a Punto.

OT: Strangely in a similar test (repeated twice) found more space in the Punto than Linea!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:09   #2018
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes. My heartiest Congratulations to Mkerala !

@Brix : Everyone is getting corporate discounts, PM silverknight, I guess he got a list of companies eligible for corporate discount. He was also denied earlier but when he called up CC, They told him that his company is in the list.
Not sure if it can be categorised as corporate discount. I was given 3rd year ext. warranty free of cost. In case anyone has doubts about corporate list please do call CC.
And it seems there is no 4th ext. warranty for Figo, can anyone confirm ?
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:41   #2019
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I called the CC, but she took my number and didnt call after that. Sent a mail.

BTW - whats the number for CC you called silverknight?

I asked for the 4th year premium. They said they have not received the figures for it, so they cant provide it. But it will be available anytime and wont change in cost. Of course, they are dealers and might be lying through their teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Not sure if it can be categorised as corporate discount. I was given 3rd year ext. warranty free of cost. In case anyone has doubts about corporate list please do call CC.
And it seems there is no 4th ext. warranty for Figo, can anyone confirm ?
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:48   #2020
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 228
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
I am 178cm tall. When the front seats are adjusted to my comfort, the knee room I have is significantly more in Figo than in a Punto.

OT: Strangely in a similar test (repeated twice) found more space in the Punto than Linea!
Significantly more knee room than the Punto? That's a big plus for the Figo then!

I am of roughly the same height and didn't find space an issue with the Punto, but I think the seat was pushed back quite a bit, leaving less room for the person at the back.

But Linea < Punto in knee room is surprising!

@Brix, no discount for your department?! That has to be the lamest reason one can possibly give! Corporate discounts are merely a means of encouraging group buying / leveraging peer recommendations (word-of-mouth). Tell them you will take it up with Ford - you can shoot a mail about it to HR I guess.

Last edited by spindoc : 15th April 2010 at 19:56. Reason: Added note
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 20:23   #2021
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 121
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I called the CC, but she took my number and didnt call after that. Sent a mail.

BTW - whats the number for CC you called silverknight?

I asked for the 4th year premium. They said they have not received the figures for it, so they cant provide it. But it will be available anytime and wont change in cost. Of course, they are dealers and might be lying through their teeth.
#18004252500.
Whom did you ask, the dealer or CC ?

EDIT: Just checked Facebook page for Figo, even there they have stated that 4th year warranty premium is yet to be declared.

Last edited by silverknight : 15th April 2010 at 20:34.
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 20:43   #2022
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You know what - I work in the IT division of Ford, and the dealer told me that that department is not covered. I'm sitting still from that shock.

I just think I made a big mistake choosing Ford. Penny pinchers.
What an irony?

For once, good to see Ford-ians getting the wrong end of the stick! We the people (aam-junta category) should rejoice! Seems like dealers are so mighty pleased with the exponential increase in footfalls, that they no longer are bothered about these corporate sales couple with massive discounts - which used to create so much heart-burn, albeit secretly, in us aam-junta types

No hard-feelings, Brix. Just that the dormant volcano found an opportunity to erupt!

Time for you to opt for a Polo, maybe
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 21:12   #2023
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Well, I had a massive headache and I just flamed them.

Am not in senior management, so till then I could as well be an outsider.

I took my insurance from outside and refused the 3M treatment. Probably that irked them. Anyway I will wait for the vehicle to come and then fight it out. Warranty is issued by the company and hence refundable if provided free.

I bought this car because of the all around good word floating around. Plus I work in Ford. Next time I wont be so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What an irony?

For once, good to see Ford-ians getting the wrong end of the stick! We the people (aam-junta category) should rejoice! Seems like dealers are so mighty pleased with the exponential increase in footfalls, that they no longer are bothered about these corporate sales couple with massive discounts - which used to create so much heart-burn, albeit secretly, in us aam-junta types

No hard-feelings, Brix. Just that the dormant volcano found an opportunity to erupt!

Time for you to opt for a Polo, maybe
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 21:21   #2024
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I bet it's him, see the squeeze shirt to go along with the Figo??
You've got real good eyes. I guess the wait for the Squeeze car got so much into him that he bought a squeeze shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I am 178cm tall. When the front seats are adjusted to my comfort, the knee room I have is significantly more in Figo than in a Punto.

OT: Strangely in a similar test (repeated twice) found more space in the Punto than Linea!
Doc. Have you finalised on the car? Figo Vs.Manza.


Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
.
And it seems there is no 4th ext. warranty for Figo, can anyone confirm ?
I paid Rs.7980/- for two years and 50,000km additional warranty for the TDCi. I also got a extended warranty paper that mentions the same.

Last edited by gemithomas : 15th April 2010 at 21:23.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 21:30   #2025
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,508
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

I saw the first Figo within my compound (next door family) 15 days back. Its a red, overall good impression lookwise. Not yet got time to take it around and see. They have test driven all the hatches in the market right now and finalised Figo. Also this is their 4th car (all in use). First one is a Santro, second a Chevy optra magnum, third a red i10 auto and fourth a red Figo. I guess they have done a good homework before getting the Figo.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks