Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 15:30   #2281
BHPian
 
v.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 320
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Amazing pics there @rejoycjohn. Who says Figo looks bad after seeing those pics? Excellent choice of wheels, it transforms the whole look of the car. Only grouse though is the mud flaps. Also, as can be seen in one of the pics, the car body is dirty in spite of them being there. Ask your friend to remove them since it is useless and thus enhance the looks further.

P.S. All the new hatches such as Polo, Punto, Figo as also the old ones like Palio look very utilitarian with mud flaps but sporty without them. It also holds true for sedans, especially Honda City and Fiat Linea which look so much better without them.
v.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 15:31   #2282
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Guys, I am driving Fiesta TDCi since 7 months and have covered 13500 kms.
Here are few tips (personal experience) to extract maximum FE from TDCi and simultaneously enjoy the driving.
1] City Driving ; Change the 1st and 2nd gear @ 1250+ rpm, you don't have to be in turbo range i.e 2000+ rpm as speed is low and you can crawl without kicking the turbo, take the care not to lug the engine, you can kick the turbo if you get the empty stretch and shift to 3rd and above gears (usually 3rd and above gears I keep the car in 2000+ rpm)
2] Highway Driving ; Keep the speed between 80 - 100 kmph (you can go upto 120 kmph few occassions, it pulls cleanly upto 120 - 130 kmph)
The rpm and speed are as follows ;
2000 rpm = 80 kmph
2500 rpm = 100 kmph
3000 rpm = 120 kmph
3500 rpm = 140 kmph
To extract maximum FE on highway it should be in turbo range 2000+ and below 3000 rpm.
Result ; Usually I get 14 - 15 kmpl mileage in city and 18 - 20 kmpl on highway, mix of city and highway 17 - 18.5 kmpl.
Minimum FE achieved ; 14.2 kmpl (100% city driving, 95% AC on)
Maximum FE achieved ; 22.7 kmpl (100% Four lane Pune - Bangalore highway, 100% AC on)
Milieage is by calculating Tank Full to Tank Full Method.
Other Fiesta TDCi owners Unni, Lamborghini, OSS, Anumod, Kumar7, Kapil, Rajivn etc please share your experience to give more inputs on driving style and FE figures of TDCi which will help Figo owners, as I think Figo with same TDCi engine will give better or atleast same FE like Fiesta TDCi.
Thanks a lot for your efforts. Would surely try some of these tricks while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hello Team ,

Let me introduce you to my friends Ford Figo .
Let the pics do the description .
Awsome. Never thought a Figo could look so good. Now i realise that Figo really cries out for wider tyres. The car looks mind blowing form the rear. I can imagine the excellent handling with those tyres. But how bad is the ride comfort on bad roads?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:37   #2283
BHPian
 
gr8guzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 647
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
I am a proud owner of a ford figo tdci white titanium model since 20th April.
Congrats revmaxx, white seems to be the hottest selling color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hello Team ,

Let me introduce you to my friends Ford Figo .
Let the pics do the description .
Congrat rejoycjohn, Nice pics (esp the first one) your Figo looks really hot, what make are those alloys?
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:42   #2284
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Why have the accessories page been removed from the Figo micro site?!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:52   #2285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Why have the accessories page been removed from the Figo micro site?!!
The page is available under the 'customise' link. May be it was being updated when you had checked .
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:25   #2286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 347
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Guys, I am driving Fiesta TDCi since 7 months and have covered 13500 kms.
Here are few tips (personal experience) to extract maximum FE from TDCi and simultaneously enjoy the driving.
1] City Driving ; Change the 1st and 2nd gear @ 1250+ rpm, you don't have to be in turbo range i.e 2000+ rpm as speed is low and you can crawl without kicking the turbo, take the care not to lug the engine, you can kick the turbo if you get the empty stretch and shift to 3rd and above gears (usually 3rd and above gears I keep the car in 2000+ rpm)
2] Highway Driving ; Keep the speed between 80 - 100 kmph (you can go upto 120 kmph few occassions, it pulls cleanly upto 120 - 130 kmph)
The rpm and speed are as follows ;
2000 rpm = 80 kmph
2500 rpm = 100 kmph
3000 rpm = 120 kmph
3500 rpm = 140 kmph
To extract maximum FE on highway it should be in turbo range 2000+ and below 3000 rpm.
Result ; Usually I get 14 - 15 kmpl mileage in city and 18 - 20 kmpl on highway, mix of city and highway 17 - 18.5 kmpl.
Minimum FE achieved ; 14.2 kmpl (100% city driving, 95% AC on)
Maximum FE achieved ; 22.7 kmpl (100% Four lane Pune - Bangalore highway, 100% AC on)
Milieage is by calculating Tank Full to Tank Full Method.
Other Fiesta TDCi owners Unni, Lamborghini, OSS, Anumod, Kumar7, Kapil, Rajivn etc please share your experience to give more inputs on driving style and FE figures of TDCi which will help Figo owners, as I think Figo with same TDCi engine will give better or atleast same FE like Fiesta TDCi.
I alwaya keep RPM below 2K mark in city drive(Hyderabad traffic, it is not as conjusted as Bangalore). And my FE is 14.5 to 18 with 100% A/C. On highways the maximum I got was 22 with 100% A/C on (Bangalore- Kottayam stretch). With my experience if you keep 80KMPH on highways (80-90), may be you cna get more than 25 with A/C on.

The Hyderabad Diesel is not as good as other state Diesel. When we travelled all the times from Hyderabad to Kerala, the Hyderabad-Banaglore stretch ususally gives us very lesser compared to all other stretches. For instance last time when we went, we got 17 in Hyderabd bangalore stretch where we got 22 from Bangalore Kottayam stretch.
anumod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:31   #2287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 405
Thanked: 15 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default T.T vs others brakes

Got down on the floor to compare the brakes today, yes the rear drum size is easy to make out. The Titanium ones are bigger. Its not so obvious for the front discs.

BTW, I didn't see additional lines running to the drums for the ABS, is it front only ABS ?
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:41   #2288
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
The page is available under the 'customise' link. May be it was being updated when you had checked .
The customise link has been taken off the page.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:49   #2289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The customise link has been taken off the page.
Strange! It is available in the site and i am able to access it.

Ford - Ford Figo
Attached Images
 
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:54   #2290
BHPian
 
rejoycjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore / Calicut
Posts: 392
Thanked: 571 Times
Default

Quote:
Even when I went to book my Figo, the dealer said I'd have to wait longer for the black dash, so I opted for the red one.
Why can't they produce both variants in bigger numbers?
Thank you indizen010 for your comments . Well I have no clue how they do the break up of the purple and black dashboards.
In between , now a days i find the purple one suiting the diamond white than the black dash . I think I am getting used to his Purple dash :-)

Quote:
Amazing pics there @rejoycjohn. Who says Figo looks bad after seeing those pics? Excellent choice of wheels, it transforms the whole look of the car. Only grouse though is the mud flaps. Also, as can be seen in one of the pics, the car body is dirty in spite of them being there. Ask your friend to remove them since it is useless and thus enhance the looks further
@v.anand , Thanks mate . we could see the transformation live ,when the stock tyres were removed and the new ones were put . The vehicle looks muscular within some minutes .
Yes , the mudflaps are not much of use , also thanks to the wider tyres . I defintely agree the vehicle looks butchier without mudflaps . I would add Zen also to your list . Having said that I think if its removed the vehicles behind would have a tough time , especially the bikers .

The pic that you mentioned was taken at one of our friends farm house in Kodagu ( Coorg ) .

Quote:
Awsome. Never thought a Figo could look so good. Now i realise that Figo really cries out for wider tyres. The car looks mind blowing form the rear. I can imagine the excellent handling with those tyres. But how bad is the ride comfort on bad roads?
Thanks Gemi , I always felt that rear doesnt look very good in stock tyres .
Even though the Appolo accelere and Good year have same dimension , Appolo looks wider .
Well even in bad roads , the performance is decent . We could test it on our trip to Kodagu . We had to go through real bad roads with full load to reach the farmhouse we stayed.

I dont know if i had asked , but are you planning some upgradation for your car footwears?

Quote:
Congrat rejoycjohn, Nice pics (esp the first one) your Figo looks really hot, what make are those alloys?
Well its not mine , my friends . Mine is yet to come
They are Evo .
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:39   #2291
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Strange! It is available in the site and i am able to access it.
Yes. Its back. Strangely that link was not there when i checked yesterday and today evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Thanks Gemi , I always felt that rear doesnt look very good in stock tyres .
Even though the Appolo accelere and Good year have same dimension , Appolo looks wider .
Well even in bad roads , the performance is decent . We could test it on our trip to Kodagu . We had to go through real bad roads with full load to reach the farmhouse we stayed.

I dont know if i had asked , but are you planning some upgradation for your car footwears?
Not now. The quotes for the OEM tyres were ridiculous here so i am going to use them for some time. The next should ideally be a 195/60 but i am scared the ride comfort might go for a toss.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:48   #2292
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Not now. The quotes for the OEM tyres were ridiculous here so i am going to use them for some time. The next should ideally be a 195/60 but i am scared the ride comfort might go for a toss.
I have seen one with 195/60 R15 in Bangalore, Goodyear GT3 and they looked good on the Red Machine. Wondering what that might do to the warranty.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:16   #2293
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Can someone give the sales % of figo. Petrol vs Diesel.
I expect it to be somewhere around 25:75.

Someone with actual figures??
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:31   #2294
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin/ Mangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
I am a proud owner of a ford figo tdci white titanium model since 20th April. Since the topic of discussion centers around fuel efficiency I am glad to quote a figure of around 16 km/lt (combined cycle) for my first tankful to tankful run. The second tankful shows around 685 DTE. The car has done about 800 kms so far and I must admit that I am hooked. This is my first diesel car and pros outweigh the cons by a huge margin.

And for all the proud figo owners, congratulations and keep revving.
Thanks Gemi for the inputs. I really feel that its difficult to drive just looking at what the rpm counter says. Rather I stick to the basics of shifting up early and not straining the engine in any gears. One thing I noticed for sure was that the engine is at its refined best in 5th between 1750 rpm and 2000 rpm which also translates to a speed of 50 to 80 kms per hour. You dont need 3000 rpm unless you are overtaking or flooring the throttle. The literature which are coming in confirms that the tdci motor in Figo is not in the same state of tune as that of the Fiesta or Ikons.( I mean FE figures being less )

My runs have been 30% urban, 50% semi urban and 20% highway. In Kerala you encounter more of semi urban conditions than pure highway. My car came shod with MRFs. Most of the tires are now silica based which the manufactures claim as new gen tires. The Apollo acceleres are also silica based as is Michellins and other foreign brands. Again the point I stress is that we needn't be overly cautious about them being bad or good.
revmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:52   #2295
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Can someone give the sales % of figo. Petrol vs Diesel.
I expect it to be somewhere around 25:75.

Someone with actual figures??
I remember Mustang.101 mentioning nearly 45:55 split between Petrol and Diesel in one of the threads.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks