Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 18:31   #2476
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Accessory price list from MPL Nandanam, Chennai.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/79942-figo-zxi-tdci-squeeze-green-ghost-glides-into-my-home-7.html

Last edited by Brix : 14th May 2010 at 18:33.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 18:42   #2477
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 405
Thanked: 15 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default bad things about Figo

Wanted to highlight some of the bad things about Figo based on my experience....

1. I miss the window scroll lock. Atleast that should have been provided for front windows at min. , its a pain greatly exposed by children occupying rear and front passenger seats.

2. The pass-cum-indicator stalk. Its on the opposite direction and even after getting used to it you know its on the wrong side.
For a person driving left-hand drive, his left hand is on steering and right on the gear imaging all those quick overtaking and crowded areas we are drving, whenever we want to 'pass/flash' head light or turn on indicators while downshitfing --- you suddently reaslise that we cannot do it without taking our hands off shift or steering. Its in the wrong place. even a LHD car wouldn't have this issue as the idicator stalk/pass switch will not be on his right side.

BTW, folks of Figo P have been reporting very decent milage on other forums like mouthshut.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 18:54   #2478
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Agreed on both counts.

Esp 2 - its more easier for me to use them on the RHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Wanted to highlight some of the bad things about Figo based on my experience....

1. I miss the window scroll lock. Atleast that should have been provided for front windows at min. , its a pain greatly exposed by children occupying rear and front passenger seats.

2. The pass-cum-indicator stalk.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 09:10   #2479
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Exclamation TDCi FE !

Well just an hour back my DTE was showing 78 kms & the fuel warning light was on so i decided to fill diesel in her.

Diesel Filled: Around 26.4 Liters

Cost Rs. : 1000

Current DTE reading : 636 kms

I am also attaching a Pic for all of you to see, You can see that the fuel indication is around the 3/4 mark. This means that when i do a tankful, i do get a figure of above 800 every time on my DTE.

PS - Mine is a Euro 3 car & I filled Euro 4 Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0274.jpg  


Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th May 2010 at 09:12.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 09:41   #2480
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 256
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
But what about the Petrol engine which is "all new"! Seems like BS-4 city mileage figure is 'just' 10 kmpl which seems not justified by a 1.2L churning out 69PS. Are we (terribly) missing something?
Have the same concern since my father in law is thinking of going for the Figo 1.2P Exi.He would be fine with 12kmpl but 10kmpl is too low for such a small engine.

In that case,might consider other options.

Figo Owners,can you please share your thoughts?
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 09:47   #2481
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,534
Thanked: 418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Current DTE reading : 636 kms

I am also attaching a Pic for all of you to see, You can see that the fuel indication is around the 3/4 mark. This means that when i do a tankful, i do get a figure of above 800 every time on my DTE.

PS - Mine is a Euro 3 car & I filled Euro 4 Diesel.
Sir, the only correct method of checking FE is tankful to tankful, the rest is approximately approximate!

BTW, do you have any empirical date to substantiate that E3 or E4 fuels have different FE' s on the same vehicle?

IMO the cetane rating of the diesel has a direct correlation to FE of any diesel vehicle. Even Non Euro Diesels.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 13:01   #2482
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, the only correct method of checking FE is tankful to tankful, the rest is approximately approximate!

BTW, do you have any empirical date to substantiate that E3 or E4 fuels have different FE' s on the same vehicle?

IMO the cetane rating of the diesel has a direct correlation to FE of any diesel vehicle. Even Non Euro Diesels.
This was not a FE test, Me and Gemi were discussing that with a tankful, Gemi's car's DTE never shows above 720 kms.

As far as data is concerned, i dont have it as i am not from that department, the only info i got was through a phone call & that i told you guys.

Dont expect a lot of technical stuff from me...

My point here was that if DTE can show 636 kms with just 26 litres of normal diesel then it can easily show 800+ kms with 40 litres of diesel.

By tankfull to tankfull method i have never got less than 15 kmpl as was pointed out by me earlier.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 14:51   #2483
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NO ID(e)A
Posts: 60
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
This was not a FE test, Me and Gemi were discussing that with a tankful, Gemi's car's DTE never shows above 720 kms.
Mustang sir ji, the car's DTE (if it's reasonably accurate) will only reflect a figure that depends on the actual mileage you are getting. I have done three tankfuls on my figo. The actual mileage I have got is 13.9 to 14 kpl. The DTE has shown figures on tankful from 620 to 640 (max). However, if you do the calculation, the DTE is reflecting a reasonably accurate figure (14 kpl x 45 litres = 630) and this is certainly no way near 720 quoted above. As you suggest, the DTE can surely display 700 or 800 or 900 figures - only if you are getting that kind of FE.

BTW, my figo has started giving a very irritating squeaky sound from RHS behind. In another thread, a couple of other owners have reported exactly the same symptom (@gemi and @revy). Any idea of what could be the cause. In any case I intend to address the issue in the first service.
chaudhrysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 15:39   #2484
BHPian
 
Daewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 943
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
But in the case of figo the person still will not escape easily-remember the rear windows only goes half way down in the figo
does that matter when you are breaking the glass
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 15:57   #2485
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I got such a sound too - but it was a rattling sound. Probably something loose in the glove box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
BTW, my figo has started giving a very irritating squeaky sound from RHS behind. In another thread, a couple of other owners have reported exactly the same symptom (@gemi and @revy). Any idea of what could be the cause. In any case I intend to address the issue in the first service.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 17:18   #2486
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Tankfull to Tankfull (up to the brim) will give you the accurate FE of any car. All console values are only approximate and will certainly warn the driver that the fuel tank is going to be empty. If it is accurate (in some cars) then well and good.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 17:31   #2487
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Can any figo owner confirm the speaker sizes for the front and rear doors ?
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 17:51   #2488
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
Mustang sir ji, the car's DTE (if it's reasonably accurate) will only reflect a figure that depends on the actual mileage you are getting. I have done three tankfuls on my figo. The actual mileage I have got is 13.9 to 14 kpl. The DTE has shown figures on tankful from 620 to 640 (max). However, if you do the calculation, the DTE is reflecting a reasonably accurate figure (14 kpl x 45 litres = 630) and this is certainly no way near 720 quoted above. As you suggest, the DTE can surely display 700 or 800 or 900 figures - only if you are getting that kind of FE.

.

Thats exactly what i meant, this then proves that one can draw a FE similar to mine on any of the TDCi cars.

Regarding the sound, I am not sure yet but it sounds like the suspension is starting to get sorted out. Check for another 200 kms & then update if the sound is there or not.


@donarun : Most probably its 5"X7" ovals

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th May 2010 at 17:53.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 18:28   #2489
BHPian
 
deevilslair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 36
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Just wondering, has anybody thought about something like pete's tuning box for the figo?
Would it be a good deal to squeeze better performance out of the car?
also, (more importantly) does that affect safety / warranty / engine life?
deevilslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 19:00   #2490
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@donarun : Most probably its 5"X7" ovals
Looking at the pictures on the first page of this thread, 5x7" is possible on the front doors. Would it be the same for the rear's too ?

OT: Does Fiesta also have 5x7 on front and rear ?
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks