Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 14:41   #2536
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,199
Thanked: 1,147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Figo has some positives and negatives as well. You have always highlighted the positives.
where are the negetives??
A lot of negatives have been pointed out in this thread and also in the ownership thread. All you need is time to go through the threads or do a search if you are looking for anything specific!

The Figo does handle better than the Swift at higher 3-digit speeds. It doesn't have the floating feeling that you get in the Swift at higher speeds. The Figo is planted to the road very well like its siblings. Lane changes have been a breeze at higher speeds as well!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:02   #2537
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Figo does handle better than the Swift at higher 3-digit speeds. It doesn't have the floating feeling that you get in the Swift at higher speeds. The Figo is planted to the road very well like its siblings. Lane changes have been a breeze at higher speeds as well!
+1 to that ! Not because I own a Figo TDCi :-). I have driven both cars at 3 digit speeds and the Figo feels more planted and in control compared to Swift. During my recent highway drive from Kerala to Bangalore, I enjoyed cruising in Figo at 120 - 130 speeds on the toll roads. True, it may not match the top end performance of Swift DDiS, but those who want a safe and comfortable drive at good speed, Figo is a good choice.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:04   #2538
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
+1 to that ! Not because I own a Figo TDCi :-). I have driven both cars at 3 digit speeds and the Figo feels more planted and in control compared to Swift. During my recent highway drive from Kerala to Bangalore, I enjoyed cruising in Figo at 120 - 130 speeds on the toll roads. True, it may not match the top end performance of Swift DDiS, but those who want a safe and comfortable drive at good speed, Figo is a good choice.
Revvy +1 to that from my end also


Today i saw 7 brilliant figos in noida in a trip of 13 kms to sector 62, noida.

I also saw a sea grey figo & a diamond white figo parked in sector 29, Do these belong to any bhpians? btw both were taken from south city ford, as one had a HR99 temp no. plate while the other had a dealer sticker.

Guys my fusion gallery is active again in the bhp-garage section, Please do comment, I will be making my fiesta gallery also soon.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 20th May 2010 at 18:09.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:36   #2539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

A/C experts, here is a question - the position of the thermostat does have an impact on power drawn from engine ? Then it should have slight impact on mileage also. For me, when I am not driving in blazing sun, the cooling of Figo is more than what I need at position 2. (But I don't like position 1 as I need more air flow). So I keep the thermostat in the middle position of "cool zone". So I will be saving some fuel ? I am not doing it to save fuel, but curious :-)

Also, is there any issue with frequently switching on and off for a/c ? Somebody told a/c while idling will have impact on FE.

Last edited by Revy : 20th May 2010 at 18:37.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 19:13   #2540
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
A/C experts, here is a question - the position of the thermostat does have an impact on power drawn from engine ? Then it should have slight impact on mileage also. For me, when I am not driving in blazing sun, the cooling of Figo is more than what I need at position 2. (But I don't like position 1 as I need more air flow). So I keep the thermostat in the middle position of "cool zone". So I will be saving some fuel ? I am not doing it to save fuel, but curious :-)

Also, is there any issue with frequently switching on and off for a/c ? Somebody told a/c while idling will have impact on FE.

Using the thermo, one can have a slightly increased FE

There is no issue with you frequently switching ON/OFF the AC.

The Car will drink substantially more fuel when the car is idling with the ac on than it will when the car is idling with the AC off
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 19:51   #2541
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Oxygen - Please try Swift & Dzire changing lanes and come back immediately at high speeds 100 - 120k and give your thoughts. Do this with stock tires.
I have driven Swift Zxi at 140. Handling was superb. No issues with lane changing. Grips like a leech. Have also driven Ikon at 120. It felt a bit more stable but not as agile as Swift. Ya you can say Swift Zdi isn't an option.
HAvent driven DZire. So no comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The positives completely overshadow the negatives at this price point. Otherwise i can point out 100s of negatives in the figo as well as other cars.
Price is the key here.

But I dont get --- you dont consider SKODA as a fun to drive car.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 20:50   #2542
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,199
Thanked: 1,147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I have driven Swift Zxi at 140. Handling was superb. No issues with lane changing. Grips like a leech. Have also driven Ikon at 120. It felt a bit more stable but not as agile as Swift. Ya you can say Swift Zdi isn't an option.
HAvent driven DZire. So no comments.
Its time you take the Figo & see what it can do or have you already driven it?
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:08   #2543
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I have driven Swift Zxi at 140. Handling was superb. No issues with lane changing. Grips like a leech. Have also driven Ikon at 120. It felt a bit more stable but not as agile as Swift. Ya you can say Swift Zdi isn't an option.
HAvent driven DZire. So no comments.


Price is the key here.

But I dont get --- you dont consider SKODA as a fun to drive car.

If you are talking about skoda fabia, then i absolutely consider it as a fun to drive car but more importantly, I consider the fabia as a benchmark hatchback when it comes to luxury. It simply pampers its owner like no other hatchback can, I am a fan of the fabia's looks too.

I always also said that fabia is a much better car in all counts when compared to its cousin the polo.

But then again you cant compare the figo & the fabia as the figo is a VFM car while fabia is a real premium hatchback, not a hatchback that claims to be in the premium segment as it actually is.

The figo does lead the fabia in only a few counts like the steering feel & feedback,the price etc. but it does lose on a lot other counts like build quality, interiors etc etc.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:28   #2544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 48
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quick query to Team-BHPians.

Based on that of previous Ford vehicles (Fiesta/Ikon) what do you see the resale value of the Figo to be 5 years down the line??
commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:33   #2545
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Using the thermo, one can have a slightly increased FE

There is no issue with you frequently switching ON/OFF the AC.

The Car will drink substantially more fuel when the car is idling with the ac on than it will when the car is idling with the AC off
I had a similar doubt. What actually happens if i turn the thermo switch more towards the right end of the blue side. If i move towards red the cabin starts heating using the radiator coolant system right. I always thought that if i keep the thermo switch away from the extreme of the blue range i would be slightly activating this heating system too so that the inside temperature is controlled. I always thought that this would reduce F.E.

Please do confirm. How does the system work. And do i loose or gain F.E if the switch is more towards the red area (but still in blue).
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 21:43   #2546
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

@Oxygen: Swift is no doubt a nimbler car to drive but simply fails as a 4 person car because of a claustrophobic rear bench. Figo is a pure VFM people and luggage carrier, with just enough excitement in it. I am sure the Duratec 1.6 and 15" wheel will add a lot if at all ford decides to bring in a "S" version.

Regarding looks, lets face it everyone has their choices. IMO, swift has aged and the bulbous bug look does not really work any more. Figo on the other hand is also genetically from the same era (Fiesta MK V) with cosmetic surgery of kinetic design put over it.

@Mustang: Nice gallery. Any mods planned?
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:37   #2547
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
@Oxygen: Swift is no doubt a nimbler car to drive but simply fails as a 4 person car because of a claustrophobic rear bench. Figo is a pure VFM people and luggage carrier, with just enough excitement in it. I am sure the Duratec 1.6 and 15" wheel will add a lot if at all ford decides to bring in a "S" version.
Regarding looks, lets face it everyone has their choices. IMO, swift has aged and the bulbous bug look does not really work any more. Figo on the other hand is also genetically from the same era (Fiesta MK V) with cosmetic surgery of kinetic design put over it.
@Mustang: Nice gallery. Any mods planned?
1.6 with 15" is definately a hot hatch. But I dont think ford is going to do that after Fusion experience. Anyway I am waiting for upcoming fiesta/ focus. Hopefully will end up buying 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its time you take the Figo & see what it can do or have you already driven it?
Have driven Figo 1.2 in city traffic only. No Body roll observed. Feels very planted. But I just cant get enough confidence during overtaking. Handling just cant be of full use due to lack of power. Opposite in the case of I10 where engine cant be of full use because of scary dynamics. Havent tried any diesel that extensively. I personally stay away from diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If you are talking about skoda fabia, then i absolutely consider it as a fun to drive car but more importantly, I consider the fabia as a benchmark hatchback when it comes to luxury. It simply pampers its owner like no other hatchback can, I am a fan of the fabia's looks too.
I always also said that fabia is a much better car in all counts when compared to its cousin the polo.
But then again you cant compare the figo & the fabia as the figo is a VFM car while fabia is a real premium hatchback, not a hatchback that claims to be in the premium segment as it actually is.
The figo does lead the fabia in only a few counts like the steering feel & feedback,the price etc. but it does lose on a lot other counts like build quality, interiors etc etc.
Fabia is a wonderful car. Perfect dynamics. But its engine is a big letdown like FIGO.
Anyway I was talking about octavia, laura. I believe these to cars handle even better than Fiesta. Prices are different though.

Last edited by oxyzen : 20th May 2010 at 23:38.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 09:15   #2548
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I had a similar doubt. What actually happens if i turn the thermo switch more towards the right end of the blue side. If i move towards red the cabin starts heating using the radiator coolant system right. I always thought that if i keep the thermo switch away from the extreme of the blue range i would be slightly activating this heating system too so that the inside temperature is controlled. I always thought that this would reduce F.E.

Please do confirm. How does the system work. And do i loose or gain F.E if the switch is more towards the red area (but still in blue).
you should keep the switch at the 9-10 o clock position to gain a slight FE benefit, I dont have a knowledge of how the heating system works.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post

@Mustang: Nice gallery. Any mods planned?
Just to get a nice pioneer HU ( I already bought JBL 5"X7" speakers) & a window tint, Thats it!

Btw the pics in the gallery are not very clear as i took them with a phone cam.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:28   #2549
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Once turbo opens, DDis is a wonderful (even the best among the hatch in India) car to drive and it is a pleasure to be highways. During lane changes without cutting speeds, i feel a sense of wobble in Swift & much more in Dzire.

My SP gave a reference of a doctor who has bought Figo TDCi. I spoke to him and he confirmed that he got 20-22kmpl in good roads. Even at bad roads, driving in 3rd and 4th he got 18. All A/c on. But he has never crossed 80kmph. I think once 80 kmph is crossed, the fuel pump opens to its maximum.

Last edited by RGK : 21st May 2010 at 10:36. Reason: To add more
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:31   #2550
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

my FE seems to be improving, after the last fill it showed 13.7kmpl from 12kmpl during the previous two fills. Will be driving to Coorg over the next weekend, will post the highway figures then.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks