Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 11:50   #2641
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,000
Thanked: 506 Times
Default

Rs 5515 for painting a bumper..! OMG.! Who told Ford has made their cars easy on pocket?
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 12:14   #2642
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin/ Mangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Interesting logic is that you can buy 2 or 3 Figos if you add up the cost of all the parts separately. I was told that my bill would have crossed 1 lakh if the airbags had deployed. They have to replace or refit the entire dash board. In spite of all this I still think its a good car for the money. I was only interested in the ABS. Wish Ford sold them as separate options. Or atleast have a switch to activate it when you are on the highway. ( guess I20 has the option to deactivate passenger airbag when driver is alone)
An updated comparison thread on service and spare parts of all the current hatches will be a great idea. Any takers?
revmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 14:36   #2643
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 158
Thanked: 68 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Interesting logic is that you can buy 2 or 3 Figos if you add up the cost of all the parts separately. I was told that my bill would have crossed 1 lakh if the airbags had deployed. They have to replace or refit the entire dash board. In spite of all this I still think its a good car for the money. I was only interested in the ABS. Wish Ford sold them as separate options. Or atleast have a switch to activate it when you are on the highway. ( guess I20 has the option to deactivate passenger airbag when driver is alone)
An updated comparison thread on service and spare parts of all the current hatches will be a great idea. Any takers?
Was the repair done in Cochin(Kairali Ford)?
Sedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 14:39   #2644
BHPian
 
manishverma0675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

The price hike will be below 2%.I just booked a Colorado red Titanium TDCI on the 29th of May,and the dealer said the hike will be from 1st June and should be less than 2%.Figo is still VFM in comparison to its competitors,even with the price hike.
manishverma0675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 17:53   #2645
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

I am not sure why the tempers are running high, I had a close friend of mine who had a very similar kind of damage done to the front bumper ( when his car hit a sumo when he was going around just 35-40km/hr speed).

His repairs also totaled around Rs 40 K ( somewhere in the 38k odd area).

I guess when you call it a moment of truth, it would be ideal to compare the prices with the similar kind of damage fixing with other cars, I can bet you will end up with figures similar to this.
Dont jump the gun assuming it to be too costly.

Last edited by xingamazon : 30th May 2010 at 17:54.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 18:24   #2646
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,541
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default

IMO, this is correct news and the prices of Figo are expected to go up by around 2 to 4 percent. I am getting this information though sms on my mobile from Cargo Ford. Earlier when Figo was launched, in order to download brochure, I gave my phone number on Ford India website. I got a call from Chennai ( or some other city down south ) and then a call from Cargo Ford ( current Ford dealer in Vadodara ).

The sms I got reads like this :

Quote:

Book your Ford Figo Diese/Petrol till 31st May and get protection from price rise across Figo range effective from 1st June 2010. All bookings done till 31st May will be eligible for old price only. Figo prices to go upto arpproxi. 2 to 4 percent with effect 1st June 2010. Showroom Open on Sunday. Last 2 days Hurry!! Call Cargo Ford for further information on 9825800819

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th May 2010 at 18:26.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 18:25   #2647
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 228
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

@xingamazon, the moot point is not the cost of components / service but whether the Figo has adequate bumper protection to prevent damage to components in the event of small to moderate collisions.

The anger (or bewilderment) is based on revmaxx's conclusion that the scope and severity of damage was disproportionate to the severity / nature of the collision (hitting a WagonR at ~35 kph). I would presume that all things being equal, hitting a WagonR should cause much less structural damage vs. hitting a Sumo.

The adequacy of the Figo's bumper has been an open question from the very beginning and revmaxx's first hand experience "seems" to further strengthen the belief that there is indeed some cause for concern.
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 18:37   #2648
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,540
Thanked: 7,992 Times
Default

Does the Figo come with a dog bar(a beam below bumper to prevent damage due to dog hit)? This is a made for India feature seen before in made for India Fiesta.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 23:35   #2649
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Does the Figo come with a dog bar(a beam below bumper to prevent damage due to dog hit)? This is a made for India feature seen before in made for India Fiesta.
I read on another thread that there is no dog bar in the Figo.
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:18   #2650
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,682
Thanked: 1,457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
The price hike will be below 2%.I just booked a Colorado red Titanium TDCI on the 29th of May,and the dealer said the hike will be from 1st June and should be less than 2%.Figo is still VFM in comparison to its competitors,even with the price hike.
the price hike is minor one & would not dent, Figo's VFM factor in any case.

BTW, I too read the caption in TV news on a business channel on Friday (can't remember which channel it was), but could not play the channel as my family members wanted to watch program on other channel. Thank you all for bringing up the thread .
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:41   #2651
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Is it going to be a "limited edition"?. Any extra features?
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 12:37   #2652
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@xingamazon, the moot point is not the cost of components / service but whether the Figo has adequate bumper protection to prevent damage to components in the event of small to moderate collisions.

The anger (or bewilderment) is based on revmaxx's conclusion that the scope and severity of damage was disproportionate to the severity / nature of the collision (hitting a WagonR at ~35 kph). I would presume that all things being equal, hitting a WagonR should cause much less structural damage vs. hitting a Sumo.
I understand your point, but my gut feel says for a similar kind of accident the damage would be same for cars like i10 or WagonR, would leave to the gurus to decide on this.
Belive me when we saw the damage on the WagonR post my friends accident we didnt belive our eyes especially given the fact that he was travelling so slow and there were no apparant damage to the sumo at all.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 01:16   #2653
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 48
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
The price hike will be below 2%.I just booked a Colorado red Titanium TDCI on the 29th of May,and the dealer said the hike will be from 1st June and should be less than 2%.Figo is still VFM in comparison to its competitors,even with the price hike.
The price hike in Goa is in the range of Rs.8,000 to Rs.15,000-odd going from the base petrol to the Titanium diesel as told to me by the SE here. Also, an interesting tidbit, the SE did say that the price hike was always coming since the Figo's was actually an 'introductory pricing'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@xingamazon, the moot point is not the cost of components / service but whether the Figo has adequate bumper protection to prevent damage to components in the event of small to moderate collisions.
I booked a Figo diesel Exi today and did consider this as a negative, but then overruled it for the simple reason that if you do drive carefully how often would you bang the front or rear of your car? Also, the Figo's spares seem moderately priced and that surely helps.
commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 12:49   #2654
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 13:13   #2655
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
Very true on this. 5.5k for painting a bumper? silver coated paint?
The damages doesn't seem so bad. 35K thanks to the Ford badge!
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks