Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 14:43   #2686
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default FM transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I have found a simple solution to the Rs 1100 problem, that Ford wants to extract rather unfairly.
Attachment 362208
This is a USB modulator that connects with the 12 V socket (cigarette lighter). It operates through the FM tuner, and the frequency has to be kept at 87.5.
It even comes with a thin credit card sized remote, and that enables it to be used almost as a steering mounted audio control!
Attachment 362209
This is what i was researching on. This looks like a better option, than the USB cable. I verified few websites and the costs ranges from 700-2000. Even some comes with a inbuilt LCD, to display the track info.

How much did this thing cost you?

I am planning to install it on my Figo.
yesk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:05   #2687
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

You might be risking your warranty through a DIY cable. So beware.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:11   #2688
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,534
Thanked: 418 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You might be risking your warranty through a DIY cable. So beware.
I dont think so BRIX.. This is similar to running a pete's box..
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:20   #2689
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
This is what i was researching on. This looks like a better option, than the USB cable. I verified few websites and the costs ranges from 700-2000. Even some comes with a inbuilt LCD, to display the track info.

How much did this thing cost you?

I am planning to install it on my Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You might be risking your warranty through a DIY cable. So beware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I dont think so BRIX.. This is similar to running a pete's box..
The USB device cost me Rs 350 and it works just fine. The track info is not displayed, as it is not played thru the head unit, but thru the FM radio frequency 87.5. The remote is convenient to use.

Last edited by Indizen010 : 7th June 2010 at 15:22.
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:31   #2690
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Guys, please check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1841782-post2033.html for the usb cable which Ford is selling...looks like some proprietory stuff and definitely not at 20/30 or even 100 bucks thing...

this topic has been done to death earlier in this very thread itself - by mkerala/mustang - now both seems are banned, of course.

Also, IMO, the FM modulator sound quality will be much inferior that a direct usb connection...better option is to connect via the AUX-in if one has a ipod-like player.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 16:17   #2691
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Price Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Could anyone here kindly post the OTR price for Figo TDCi Titanium in Chennai?

Appreciate your reply.
Post the Tax hike of 2% & the increase in Ford's ex-showroom price, the total comes to Rs 6,19,211/- (OTR)

I was lucky enough to avoid the Ford's ex-showroom price increase, since i paid booked my car on 31st of May.

OLD / NEW
Ex Showroom : 529900 / 531400
Insurance : 15879 / 15921
Reg+Life Tax : 54882 / 66590
Essential pack : 5300 / 5300
OTR : 605961 / 619211
yesk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 17:21   #2692
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Guys, please check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1841782-post2033.html for the usb cable which Ford is selling...looks like some proprietory stuff and definitely not at 20/30 or even 100 bucks thing...
It is worth less than Rs 100 only. I have posted this earlier in this thread. Just study the manual for the player and the connection details are very clearly given.

Another option is to buy an MP3 player. Transcend 2 Gb player is around Rs1300 and 4 GB one Rs.1800. Connect thro aux in. In addition you get ear phones, recorder, FM radio and you can use it as USB stick too.
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 17:45   #2693
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
Post the Tax hike of 2% & the increase in Ford's ex-showroom price, the total comes to Rs 6,19,211/- (OTR)

I was lucky enough to avoid the Ford's ex-showroom price increase, since i paid booked my car on 31st of May.

OLD / NEW
Ex Showroom : 529900 / 531400
Insurance : 15879 / 15921
Reg+Life Tax : 54882 / 66590
Essential pack : 5300 / 5300
OTR : 605961 / 619211
Yes. The Exshowroom diff is only 1500/-. The 2% hike in TN tax is the main culprit.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 18:38   #2694
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
The USB device cost me Rs 350 and it works just fine. The track info is not displayed, as it is not played thru the head unit, but thru the FM radio frequency 87.5. The remote is convenient to use.
Yes, FM quality is very inferior to the direct USB signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
It is worth less than Rs 100 only. I have posted this earlier in this thread. Just study the manual for the player and the connection details are very clearly given.

Another option is to buy an MP3 player. Transcend 2 Gb player is around Rs1300 and 4 GB one Rs.1800. Connect thro aux in. In addition you get ear phones, recorder, FM radio and you can use it as USB stick too.
The cost to make would be low, but its proprietary and thus would be expensive.

I am using an MP3 player to connect to AUX. Problem is, you need to stop the player and then stop the stereo. I dont like that extra step. This USB AUX - once you power down the system, it stops and vice versa. Much more elegant. And its plug and play, unlike the iPod and iTunes death march.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 18:56   #2695
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

This is the Griffin itrip FM modulator cum charger that I have. I have to set a particular frequency on the modulator and the same frequency on the set. It simultaneously charges the ipod as well. This is the setup I had in my Alto.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-p1010705.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-p1010706.jpg

After getting the Figo, I got a aux-in cable as well for a direct connection to the ipod. The sound quality through a direct aux-in connection is definitely better than through FM modulator. For an average listener like me, the sound through modulator was not bad either.

I bought the Griffin itrip sometime in 2005/6 through ebay for I think Rs 2500
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 21:08   #2696
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

The ground clearance issues in Figo might just be starting to take its toll. Its been nearly a month since the Figo has arrived. Within this period the underbelly had got hit many a times here and there. One it was real bad. I accidentally bumped onto a big hard stone lying bang in the middle of the road and it came underneath. The Figo jumped a couple of times before I managed to stop it.
After this incident, I check the underbody once casually and everything was fine and it didn't give any trouble at all. Suddenly of late I've been noticing a 'coughing' kind of sound from the silencer (I don't know how to describe it better). Took it to the dealer today and me along with the service manager looked at the underbody. Everything seemed to be fine just a few scratches, which we had to really stress ourselves to find. Silencer pipe also seemed to be fine with no dents or anything. But the service manager also noticed the 'coughing' sound and advised to keep the car for couple of hrs so that they can check the silencer assembly internally.
Planning to give it tomorrow morning. Will keep posting about the further developments.
atrisarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:30   #2697
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

A large stone can even break a Hummer.

Good you went to get it fixed. I still need to go check my steering, its leaning to the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
I accidentally bumped onto a big hard stone lying bang in the middle of the road and it came underneath. The Figo jumped a couple of times before I managed to stop it.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 11:01   #2698
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

I noticed this in my Zxi model. When the ignition is switched on, in the cluster of warning lights that light up, there is seat belt warning. But it doesn't light up when the seat belt is not used. Does it light up in Titanium versions (since air bag is available).
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 12:07   #2699
BHPian
 
M5_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 99
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I am seeing a lot of this car on Indian roads, I frankly think that its quite good looking as a hatchback but i think that ground clearance is somewhat of an issue i believe(?). I saw 2 figos side by side, one with just the driverr in it & 1 with 4-5 people in it, The latter looked much lower.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 12:19   #2700
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 509
Thanked: 301 Times
Default

@raju2512

Are you talking about the seat belt light that lights up while you turn the ignition and then subsequently turn off?
I believe this query has been discussed before.
It's just an indicator which shows (as part of the start-up self diagnosis) that the seat belts are working fine. You should be worried only if it stays on.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks