Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:34   #2851
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,657
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

The Figo's standard fabric is probably the best in the small car segment. I love it. However, I do understand the need for seat covers, it's a pity.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:51   #2852
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 137
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

has anybody noticed, that when the key is turned to ignition, seatbelt warning light, lights up and dissappears once the car starts. I tried fastening and unfastening the seat belt, but it has no relation to the light. Can somebody confirm if their figo also has similar system, or do i need to check with the service station.
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:36   #2853
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Yup its the same for mine too . I guess that feature is only for the titanium version.
You have an EXI or ZXI?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:45   #2854
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,545
Thanked: 747 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed it yet, but I just saw the Figo on Ford South Africa's website: Ford - The New Ford Figo
Yep. Also noticed that our Fiesta is sold as the Ikon there.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 00:10   #2855
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 256
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Not much of an update, the sales guy gets back to me saying that he still did not figure out the details of Total Maintenance Plan. I then asked the sales manager of Talera Ford and he told me that he would forward me the mail that Ford sent him as he himself has not gone through (lame, isn't it?). However, he did tell me that there are a lot of things like fourth year warranty, scheduled maintenance plan which are being worked out.

So let's what happens and anyone please throw some light on Total Maintenance Plan for Figo.
I did see the TMP for Figo and they have 12,24,36 months package with diff rates for KMS.As far as I remember,for 36 months and 30000 kms,it was around Rs 30000.
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 01:14   #2856
BHPian
 
kage9091's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
has anybody noticed, that when the key is turned to ignition, seatbelt warning light, lights up and dissappears once the car starts. I tried fastening and unfastening the seat belt, but it has no relation to the light. Can somebody confirm if their figo also has similar system, or do i need to check with the service station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yup its the same for mine too . I guess that feature is only for the titanium version.
You have an EXI or ZXI?
I have the Titanium version but the seat belt warning light just comes on and goes in a few seconds. Even before I give the ignition. Also there is no flashing light or chime if the seat belt is not worn. It's strange.
kage9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 01:33   #2857
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 508
Thanked: 301 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
I have the Titanium version but the seat belt warning light just comes on and goes in a few seconds. Even before I give the ignition. Also there is no flashing light or chime if the seat belt is not worn. It's strange.

This feature was explained in this very thread, but quite a lot of pages back. As far as I remember, it's actually not a warning indicator, it's more of a "Check" light, just like how a BIOS checks the components of a computer at start-up, the car performs a self diagnosis and the light just glows and then goes off indicating that the seat belt assembly is checked and working fine. You only have to worry if it stays on, So I guess you guys can relax a bit more now
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 12:13   #2858
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
This feature was explained in this very thread, but quite a lot of pages back. As far as I remember, it's actually not a warning indicator, it's more of a "Check" light, just like how a BIOS checks the components of a computer at start-up, the car performs a self diagnosis and the light just glows and then goes off indicating that the seat belt assembly is checked and working fine. You only have to worry if it stays on, So I guess you guys can relax a bit more now
mustang had said that these are the pre-tensioner checks. He says all cars above exi come with a pre-tensioner.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 14:33   #2859
BHPian
 
M5_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 99
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Guys how to you rate the build quality of figo with that of fusion? I mean the body and the interiors? When i touched both , I felt the figo is lighter than fusion.

Well my cousin has a Fusion & My neighbour has a Figo, So I tried to compare them side by side & here are the results:

1) Panel Gaps : Figo has slightly smaller panel gaps
2) Body Parts : Fusion is much stronger & feels Solid
3) Interior Quality: Fusion wins here too especially because of the neat colors & the awesome soft touch dash
4) Interior Fit : Again the Fusion wins
5) Interior Features : More features in the figo
6) Interior Bling : Much more in the figo with the alumunium accents & the red dash


Given a choice between 2 new cars : I would prefer the fusion!

PS - The fusion used in the test is the new fusion with those beige interiors
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 16:26   #2860
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

The Fusion is one of the most underrated cars around. The kind of space it gave is unmatched. It also came with quite a lot "feel good" features. Another proof that REAL Good Cars really dont work in India unless they follow the herd.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 23:22   #2861
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,657
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Well my cousin has a Fusion & My neighbour has a Figo, So I tried to compare them side by side & here are the results:

1) Panel Gaps : Figo has slightly smaller panel gaps
2) Body Parts : Fusion is much stronger & feels Solid
3) Interior Quality: Fusion wins here too especially because of the neat colors & the awesome soft touch dash
4) Interior Fit : Again the Fusion wins
5) Interior Features : More features in the figo
6) Interior Bling : Much more in the figo with the alumunium accents & the red dash
Given a choice between 2 new cars : I would prefer the fusion!
Yes indeed, the Fusion was indeed a much better car than the Figo is. It was the initial confused positioning of the product and the weird marketing strategy that killed the product. Also, in those days, there was nothing called a premium hatchback. It's the i20 that truly kick-started that segment in India.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 23:38   #2862
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

What is the consensus on the tire pressure to be kept? Is 32 and 34 fine, with only the driver in the car?
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 23:47   #2863
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Its those PU seats right? How much did they cost you?

They look good. I wanted it only for my rear seats as I like the default fabric a lot.
Yes they are art leather by gsports and costed me 8k. The main reason for having them was to protect the original form damage. I would have loved to continue with the original seats however with kinds around it is scary!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 23:49   #2864
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Figo's standard fabric is probably the best in the small car segment. I love it. However, I do understand the need for seat covers, it's a pity.
spot on, i would have loved to continue with the original seats however with kinds around at times it pressurizes one to cover them from damage!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 10:58   #2865
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

All absolutely correct. The fabric is nice and pretty. But need to replace the whole seat if damaged. I searched for good seat covers this weekend. And found some good ones around 3 - 4k. Planning to pick one shortly.

No doubt Fusion is fantastic quality car.. Could not understand why it failed. Gemi may be correct.

After switching off the engine and locking the car, I see the central locking warning light (lock symbol) flashing continuously. I have not noticed this till yesterday. It blinks every 2 seconds, but the car is locked. While driving there is no flashing. Any idea...

Noticed all the wheels are balanced and fitted in the car. Along with the wheel jack, a steel hook is given . Is it for towing?

Last edited by RGK : 5th July 2010 at 11:00.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks