Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:13   #3796
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai / Kochi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Can you control the lighting level of the red dash light especially the light inside the speedo metre?
highwaypatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:20   #3797
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Can you control the lighting level of the red dash light especially the light inside the speedo metre?
No, that is not possible.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:03   #3798
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

How do we confirm the extended warranty and RSA is enabled for your VIN number?
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:11   #3799
BHPian
 
SankalpDesai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 227
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know - Is there a possibility to get rear windows be made power windows on the Figo? I am really interested in this car, but am holding myself for this one feature which is missing from the car. It is extremely important for me to have all 4 power windows.

Thanks
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:47   #3800
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
How do we confirm the extended warranty and RSA is enabled for your VIN number?

By checking it in the ford service center, probably. May be you can even call the ford care for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanted to know - Is there a possibility to get rear windows be made power windows on the Figo? I am really interested in this car, but am holding myself for this one feature which is missing from the car. It is extremely important for me to have all 4 power windows.

Thanks
Not as a genuine accessory. As of now even the after market suff does not support, so you should have to wait for sometime.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:44   #3801
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Anybody knows how to take out the stereo? I have made myself the "1100 buck" cable for 40 rupees and now want to put it in place. Helllppppp.
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:59   #3802
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 60 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Absolutely SankalpDesai. It will be a bit of a costly affair though. Would set you back by around 14K to get power windows for the rear as well. When at one point of time, when i was considering the Figo, i got some options for the rear windows. Check places like reliance autozone, but first with the dealer themselves.

I a sure the dealer should also have the option. They generally do, i know Chevy, Hyudnai, MAS has it, but dont know about Ford
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:34   #3803
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Anybody knows how to take out the stereo? I have made myself the "1100 buck" cable for 40 rupees and now want to put it in place. Helllppppp.
requires a special tool which generally is available only with ford service!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:36   #3804
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
How do we confirm the extended warranty and RSA is enabled for your VIN number?
You can check with your dealer.
There will be a person dealing with all the warranty related stuff. He can login to the ford website and check. You can get a print for your reference, which is what I did.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 08:37   #3805
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 550 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
requires a special tool which generally is available only with ford service!!
The tool may be available at a local automobile parts store. Or else you could order one from ebay ( eBay India: FORD Car Stereo Pair Release Removal Tools Keys NEW (item 360272859231 end time 11-Feb-2011 01:28:50 IST) )

Alternately you could even make one yourself. I made one using a metal coat hanger. Use a steel wire cutter to cut 2 straight pieces each approximately 6 to 7 inches long, and bend them into a smooth U shape using a plier, in such a way that the two ends of the U can go into the 2 holes that you see on either side of the front plate of the stereo.

To remove the stereo, push the two U shaped tools in into the holes on either side firmly till you hear a faint click. (It needs to go in about 1 to 2 inches). Now put your fingers into the rounded portion of the U and pull on them towards the sides (i.e away from each other), and gently pull the stereo towards you at the same time. The sideways pull causes two spring loaded locks on the sides of the stereo to move inside, so the unit should now slide out pretty easily.
kala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:54   #3806
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The tool may be available at a local automobile parts store. Or else you could order one from ebay ( eBay India: FORD Car Stereo Pair Release Removal Tools Keys NEW (item 360272859231 end time 11-Feb-2011 01:28:50 IST) )

Alternately you could even make one yourself. I made one using a metal coat hanger. Use a steel wire cutter to cut 2 straight pieces each approximately 6 to 7 inches long, and bend them into a smooth U shape using a plier, in such a way that the two ends of the U can go into the 2 holes that you see on either side of the front plate of the stereo.

To remove the stereo, push the two U shaped tools in into the holes on either side firmly till you hear a faint click. (It needs to go in about 1 to 2 inches). Now put your fingers into the rounded portion of the U and pull on them towards the sides (i.e away from each other), and gently pull the stereo towards you at the same time. The sideways pull causes two spring loaded locks on the sides of the stereo to move inside, so the unit should now slide out pretty easily.
Thanks kala for that, but the risk is that the locks may get stuck at awkward positions making it impossible for the stereo to come out, then the only way out is opening the dash!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:51   #3807
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

by the way filled it up yesterday, tankful took 38 liters for 714 KMs run. So the mileage is 18.8 kmpl!!!

Of 714 Kms around 120 Kms are highway around 80 kms are ghats and the rest is usual city driving. A/c was used sparingly, tire pressure was 33 all around. Filled it up at HP auto lines (the most famous one in Pune :P)

This is the first tankful post the second service.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:12   #3808
Newbie
 
sherintjacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Four days back I booked a Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, at the time of booking they informed it will take three weeks to get the car, today they called me and said I should get the car by this Satudary. Very happy with this news.

I also wanted to find out if there was any way on disabling the airbags on the passenger side. The sale guy at Metro Ford told me that the airbag will not function when the seat belt is not used. Is that the only way it will remain disabled.

Also is it recommend to a USB port added to the music system at their end or can I do it out side. I feel I can get it at a cheaper cost outside. Will this also effect my warranty.
sherintjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:12   #3809
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherintjacob View Post
Four days back I booked a Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, at the time of booking they informed it will take three weeks to get the car, today they called me and said I should get the car by this Satudary. Very happy with this news.
congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherintjacob View Post
I also wanted to find out if there was any way on disabling the airbags on the passenger side. The sale guy at Metro Ford told me that the airbag will not function when the seat belt is not used. Is that the only way it will remain disabled.
There is no such mechanism(disabling the AB), please drive with your seat belts starpped always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherintjacob View Post
Also is it recommend to a USB port added to the music system at their end or can I do it out side. I feel I can get it at a cheaper cost outside. Will this also effect my warranty.
Ford's USB cable is a bit expensive from funtionality point of view. You can get your USB enabled outside but that wouldvoid the warranty of music system only (of course :P)
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:24   #3810
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have a strange problem with my USB pen-drive. It's a 1 GB cheap pen-drive bought in US, and my figo's music system doesn't recognize beyond 19 folders on the pen-drive, though there are around 30 folders in the pen-drive. I borrowed a 2 GB pen-drive from one of my colleagues and it worked perfectly fine with this one, recognized all 40+ folders. So, I guess the cheap pen-drive I have is bad.

So, I will have to buy a new pen-drive now.

What is the max capacity of pen-drive (USB input) that can be used with Figo's music system? I am planning to buy an 8 GB one. Is anyone using 8 GB pen-drive? Are there any issues with that? And what brand do you guys suggest? I guess Transcend, Kingston or Sandisk should be OK?
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks