Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th February 2011, 09:53   #3841
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
agree with gharika. This thread is too huge. Is there a post consolidating all the known issues in the ford figo? Touch wood, other than rattling, I have no other issues. Am travelling 120 km everyday to work, and the mileage of my diesel figo which was in the high 18s has now fallen to the mid 17s. This after just 8K km.
If someone can consolidate all issues which Ford has not been able to solve satisfactorily, then that would be a good reference for prospective buyers like me.

For example, with i20, there are two issues which are extremely common: 1. steering rattle 2. AC cooling issues.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 12:38   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
If someone can consolidate all issues which Ford has not been able to solve satisfactorily, then that would be a good reference for prospective buyers like me.

gemithomas is THE person for this
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 22:04   #3843
Senior - BHPian

11.3 million meters, third tankful after second service, got 18.5 kmpl (702 kms for 38 l, 100% city 40% a/c). Squeaks continue, rear right door gives boat wood creaking noise, cracking noise above driver side door. Ford engineers are summoned by the dealership, will update soon.

also found out HP diesel aggravates clatter and engine sounds smoother with BP, but mileage with HP is more, wonder why?

Last edited by anilisanil : 18th February 2011 at 22:06.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 10:53   #3844
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@anilsanil - Driven around 12k, but not yet used HP diesel eventhough there is a HP COCO outlet near my house. I feel IOCL is better and has given me more mileage so far. But any brand, the fuel station has to be genuine.
My observation is due to the sound of the fuel injector due to various type of diesel used.Diesel gurus can correct if I am wrong.
Let me try HP next time.
Yes we need to have a issue thread separately for Figo
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 17:06   #3845
BHPian

Arrow re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi BHPians,

I had been watching this thread since last year and finally got a chance to comment in it.

We recently bought the Ford Figo TDCI ZXi from Pune. And its awesome, great interiors (I chose the Black dash with Black foot carpets), nice music system however FORD did not give me the USB to AUX cable they say it costs Rs.1100/- extra

The color we selected was Moon Dust Silver however we got two shades lighter and its a blessing in disguise this one really looks cool. Very few Silver Figos' in Mumbai as yet mostly we see White, Green and Red.

Its got this toggle gauge called DTE (don't know the full form) but it actually calculates how much the car can travel with the existing amount of diesel in the fuel tank.

I drove back the car from Pune to Mumbai with just Rs.500/- worth diesel and did good speed on the Pune Mumbai Express Highway and the Figo holds onto the road like a Leeach. I believe mine is giving me a good 23kms on the highway and 18 kms in the city especially with the stop and go traffic of Mumbai.

Just wanted to figure out with our other team members who probably have the Bluetooth version music system, does your deck lose the Bluetooth connectivity from time to time ?? Or is it just me.

Please let me know... till then cheers and safe driving.

Last edited by bblost : 19th February 2011 at 17:14. Reason: Please avoid posting about blatant speed limit violations. Thanks.
riteshpawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 23:07   #3846
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish to know where the engine/chassis nos. are located.

^^For scribbling on registration papers with a pencil.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 23:57   #3847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
Hi BHPians,

Just wanted to figure out with our other team members who probably have the Bluetooth version music system, does your deck lose the Bluetooth connectivity from time to time ?? Or is it just me.

Please let me know... till then cheers and safe driving.
The bluetooth has been working pretty well till now...It does refuse to pair once in a while, but havent faced the disconnection problem once conneted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wish to know where the engine/chassis nos. are located.

^^For scribbling on registration papers with a pencil.

Thanks
Under the driver's seat. lift up the strap near the place where you adjust the seat position.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 09:43   #3848
BHPian

Default Update after First Service and Oil Seal Replacement

Got my car yesterday evening. The car was delivered to my home. The service person was kind enough to apologize for the inconvenience and also detailed the work done on the car. The car had been given a thorough wash and in years, this was the first I saw a squeaky clean car coming out of service (the Hyundai A.S.S always turned up a dirty car). Drove the car for around 15 minutes, it felt smoother than before and the acceleration also felt more linear and the car pulling cleanly till 3.5k Rpm (revved till 3.5k only for a moment and didn't go beyond that since it's still done only 2k). Overall, quite satisfied with the service and hoping that more issues wouldn't crop up.
octane_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 15:03   #3849
BHPian

Has anyone fitter their Figo with side body moulding(regular/chrome) and can post a pic or two?

Thanks
askids
askids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 20:12   #3850
BHPian

Default Re: Update after First Service and Oil Seal Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Got my car yesterday evening. The car was delivered to my home. The service person was kind enough to apologize for the inconvenience and also detailed the work done on the car. The car had been given a thorough wash and in years, this was the first I saw a squeaky clean car coming out of service (the Hyundai A.S.S always turned up a dirty car). Drove the car for around 15 minutes, it felt smoother than before and the acceleration also felt more linear and the car pulling cleanly till 3.5k Rpm (revved till 3.5k only for a moment and didn't go beyond that since it's still done only 2k). Overall, quite satisfied with the service and hoping that more issues wouldn't crop up.
Other than the oil leak, did you have any problems to report on giving for service?
Which Cauvery ford is yours? Blore/Mlore/Mysore
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 22:21   #3851
BHPian

Default Re: Update after First Service and Oil Seal Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Other than the oil leak, did you have any problems to report on giving for service?
Which Cauvery ford is yours? Blore/Mlore/Mysore
I had reported rattling from all the 4 doors! From the limited mileage done today, cannot comment whether it has been fixed properly. No other concerns or complaints so far.

Edit: I reside in mysore.

Last edited by octane_100 : 20th February 2011 at 22:22.
octane_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 12:02   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
Can anyone from Blore confirm the price of the Figo Titanium club pack? My dealer is quoting 23K which I feel is ridiculously overpriced.

Also, if anyone has recently got insurance from TATA AIG with 0% depreciation plan for Ford Figo, can please mention the premium? I am getting 13.8K from New India and 15.7k quote from dealer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
askids
I have got the zero-depreciation from Tata AIG, and it costed me 18+k. If dealer is quoting 15.7k, I think its good, but ensure the policy coverage details carefully.
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 07:23   #3853
Senior - BHPian

Default My Plans for a small Ford.

HI All,
After owning a ford Sierra for around 1.5 years. I am sure that they are good cars, it doesn’t matter that I like JC and his FORD kept breaking down all the time. I like Fords.

Till last year I had a little Japanese "cute" car a Little ZEN. Loved to drive it around but it was burning a massive hole in my pocket cause of the fuel consumption. I was driving too much and almost had spent more than what I bought it for just on fuel.

In August 2010 my younger brother made a decision to sell off his 2003 model Wagon R just because of the same reason. And some added ones like uncomfortable ride and all sorts of other things. He went for the Ritz VDi. I loved to drive around the car. I like the performance of the Diesel engine. I like the Turbo Kick. I like the AC and every thing the best thing that I like is that in this part of the country from where I hail. The Diesel today costs around 25 RS less than a litre of petrol. And it burns less over the KM's Driven. I mean to say that the VDI is more efficient than the VXI.

Every one in the town knows that there is a new Suzuki Swift that is going to be launched God knows some time this year. I don’t want to wait by booking for a Swift and then get the delivery of the car after around 3 months and then realise that oh there is a new one that has been launched just after two days of my cars delivery.

And guess what with the current trend I am not even sure if I am going to get the Safety Features like ABS, Air bags and things.

So other nice cars like an i20 and Punto fail drastically on one of the points. They don’t match my budget.
Ford FIGO TDCI TITANIUM is all that I want I think. After couple of test drives I have realised that it is not as refined as a RITZ or any other with the 1.3 FIAT units. In terms of the engine. But still I find the engine to be nice and the over all ride quality is good.

I want a car on which I don’t have to spend much latter. Especially I don’t want to spend on an after market ICE.

So as per my need the FIGO is going to deliver all the little things that I need,
POWER,EFFICIENCY for my regular trips to my home.
Music system to keep the boredom away.
ABS, Airbags to keep me safe.

Last edited by desideep : 22nd February 2011 at 07:27.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:12   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: My Plans for a small Ford.

@desideep,

Ford Figo Diesel is a good choice. Its a good car fopr the city as well as highway. I have driven one and found the car to be the best amongst the current lot. Good engine, less turbo lag, Titanium being the top most variant should be in your favour.

All the best, would be waiting for your ownership thread.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:34   #3855
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: My Plans for a small Ford.

Congratulations!
Sounds like a good decision. Figo, in the Titanium trim should keep you going for the next few years.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote