Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 10:32   #4156
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

^ Check the batteries.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 11:33   #4157
BHPian
 
rohing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR - CBE
Posts: 180
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanks. I guess you mean the battery in the key? However, that may/may not be the problem as mine is a brand new Figo less an a month old. But I will bring up with the SA when I take it in for the 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
^ Check the batteries.
rohing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 12:29   #4158
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
My remote key is not as responsive as I like it to be...It usually takes 2-3 attempts with some amount of pointing for the car to lock/unlock. It rarely happens in the first attempt. Is this normal? The remote locking systems I have used so far in other cars have exceptionally sensitive whereas this one seems the other way round.

Is this normal for a Figo?
Seems to be an issue with the remote battery even if it is a new key on a new car. Maybe the batteries were old. This absolutely should not happen in the first year at all, but besides batteries the only other reason could be dry solder kind of contact issue in the PCB. Do you have two remote keys? does this happen with both remotes?
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 13:05   #4159
BHPian
 
rohing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR - CBE
Posts: 180
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Ford provides only 1 remote key with the Figo..the other is an ordinary key. So there is no way for me to test it to isolate the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Seems to be an issue with the remote battery even if it is a new key on a new car. Maybe the batteries were old. This absolutely should not happen in the first year at all, but besides batteries the only other reason could be dry solder kind of contact issue in the PCB. Do you have two remote keys? does this happen with both remotes?
rohing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 03:29   #4160
BHPian
 
riteshpawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Angry Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

***** New Topic on Woes of Ford Figo customers *****

***** Message for GTO - If this is not the correct forum please guide me to the right one as even though I did find

ownership reviews for the Ford Figo there was no thread where a customer can express his/her views and complaints and then

this can be forwarded to Ford Chennai for a solution *****




I got delivery of my Ford Figo TDCI ZXi on Feb 7th 2011 from Pune Talera Ford.

The car was delivered to my dad is not much of a car person and I was in Mumbai at that time

I inspected the car and found many issues in the cosmetics, electronic features and several other points.


1. The car is supposed to come with tinted glasses as the pre-sales car details brochures from the dealership says so. when

asked about it they said that the car is already with tinted glasses however the glasses plain white. The sales person began

with some theory that tinted glasses means that if a stone hits the glass then it will not shatter -- this is tinted glasses

in the Figo.
I had to actually show him that this is called Tempered Glass and not Tinted Glass. All other dealerships in Pune and Mumbai

deliver the cars with Tinted Glasses. I called the Ford Call Centre in Chennai and they said that within 24 hours I'll get a

call however it took them over 7 days to give me a call back and the lady on the other side maintained that Tinted Glasses

means what the dealership told me.

2. The Bluetooth system works only with some bluetooth devices. I have a Nokia N70 and a N72 both these pair with the system

and only the bluetooth handsfree feature works, I am unable to get the music player to play any tracks. However, it works

with my dad's Nokia 3500 classic (which is now a defunct model)

Also the N72 and N70 lose the BT connectivity even if the handset is left on the dashboard or in the cup holder.

3. The boot has a very rough finish, just near the hinges after opening the hatch one can clearly see scratch marks and it

looks like someone has applied M-Seal to stick it to the body and then painted it.

4. There is a feature on the headlamp actuator dial for FOG Lamps and the instrument console clears lights up with the fog

lamp indication however there are no fog lamps in the car

5. The Seat Belt lamp is there in the console however if the passenger or the driver is not wearing the seat belt, the

warning lamp shows no indication.

6. The boot lamp is not powerful enough to even spot things easily so I have bought a white light torch and kept it in the

car.

7. The seat height adjuster -- This only tilts the seat in a sea-saw fashion does not actually help in increasing or decreasing the height of the drivers' seat

8. The Ford Music System which has a USB capability actually does not have a USB connector as a standard fitment. The USB ot AUX cable needs to be purchased seperately for Rs.1200/- During the sales pitch this is not made clear to the customers.




Any other Ford Figo customers also facing the same problems ???
riteshpawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 04:09   #4161
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,535
Thanked: 975 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

Walk upto a ford showroom and get a demo of the figo and it's features. Seriously!

Last edited by kiku007 : 16th April 2011 at 04:13.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 05:15   #4162
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,977
Thanked: 344 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

No offences meant, but of the various problems listed by you, only points 1,3 and 5 seem to be actual problem.

As regards to tinted glasses, the glass will have a slight green tinge which sometimes is not noticeable to the naked eye. It won't be anything like the tints that are put aftermarket. Please recheck.

Secondly the brochure of all cars state a disclaimer that equipment levels can change without notice. So basically you can't do much on that. As regards to the fog lamps, I just checked the brochure online at the Ford Site and there is no mention of the fog lamps evenfor Titanium. So looks like they have given the provision for Fog lamps if you want to fit them at a later date.

My suggestion would be to read the brochure before purchase and Owner's Manual after purchase thoroughly to acquaint yourself with the car.

Congrats and wish you many miles of happiness.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 09:09   #4163
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 135 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

You just did not do your homework well before purchase. My advice to you is to leave all these and enjoy the car. Read a few ownership reviews here and you would get a better idea of what i mean
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 09:17   #4164
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,764
Thanked: 16,896 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
1. The car is supposed to come with tinted glasses as the pre-sales car details brochures from the dealership says so. when

asked about it they said that the car is already with tinted glasses however the glasses plain white. The sales person began with some theory that tinted glasses means that if a stone hits the glass then it will not shatter -- this is tinted glasses in the Figo.
I had to actually show him that this is called Tempered Glass and not Tinted Glass. All other dealerships in Pune and Mumbai deliver the cars with Tinted Glasses. I called the Ford Call Centre in Chennai and they said that within 24 hours I'll get a call however it took them over 7 days to give me a call back and the lady on the other side maintained that Tinted Glasses means what the dealership told me.
Tinted glass = sun film. Figo is not sold with sun film this has to be purchased as an accessory. However the glasses are mildly tinted maybe like 5-10% tints. I believe only the ZXi and Titanium have this mild tint.

Quote:
2. The Bluetooth system works only with some bluetooth devices. I have a Nokia N70 and a N72 both these pair with the system and only the bluetooth handsfree feature works, I am unable to get the music player to play any tracks. However, it works with my dad's Nokia 3500 classic (which is now a defunct model)

Also the N72 and N70 lose the BT connectivity even if the handset is left on the dashboard or in the cup holder.
This is a known problem that the BT unit connects with only some phones. Ford have a list of phones it is compatible with which they have published. Unfortunately this list does not cover a wide range of phones.

Quote:
3. The boot has a very rough finish, just near the hinges after opening the hatch one can clearly see scratch marks and it

looks like someone has applied M-Seal to stick it to the body and then painted it.
This is common to many cars but the Figo has it more. Nothing to really worry about but it does look a little bad.

Quote:
4. There is a feature on the headlamp actuator dial for FOG Lamps and the instrument console clears lights up with the fog lamp indication however there are no fog lamps in the car
Fog lamps are sold as accessory which you need to buy. The new Figo's have the switch which has the fog lamp provision. In the older ones you had to change the switch. Again the switch will have both front and rear fog lamps but Ford only provides the front. The rear ones are not wired even even though the instrument console has it.

Quote:
5. The Seat Belt lamp is there in the console however if the passenger or the driver is not wearing the seat belt, the warning lamp shows no indication.
There is no seat belt warning feature in the Figo. The instrument console may have the provision for South African models.

Quote:
6. The boot lamp is not powerful enough to even spot things easily so I have bought a white light torch and kept it in the car.
Didn't face this problem but you can always change the bulb to an LED type.

Quote:
7. The seat height adjuster -- This only tilts the seat in a sea-saw fashion does not actually help in increasing or decreasing the height of the drivers' seat
Typical Ford that's the way it is. Same with the Fiesta.

Quote:
8. The Ford Music System which has a USB capability actually does not have a USB connector as a standard fitment. The USB ot AUX cable needs to be purchased seperately for Rs.1200/- During the sales pitch this is not made clear to the customers.
The dealer should have told this and the brochure mentions it. It's also listed in accessory price list. If you search around you will find a very cheap DIY solution for this.

By the way all these issues above are described in multiple Figo threads and have been discussed very extensively.

Oh yeah and one more thing don't look below the steering column. You will find a provision for steering column height adjust but it's not there in the Figo.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 09:35   #4165
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 671
Thanked: 214 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

Sorry to say this, but the title of this thread is misleading. I mean, all your concerns are basically about the product or to put it mildly, you perception of the product.

Nothing to do with Ford After Sales, per se. I believe my fellow members have already given you the best possible option(s) for your concerns. Mainly because you weren't there at the time of delivery. BTW, did you take a test drive before booking the car? you should have. Almost all the shortfalls (from your point of view, of course!) would have been evident to you then.

Any knowledgeable SE or SA could have given you those answers, unfortunately by the looks of things your dealer personnel are anything but that.

No offense intended. I hope you get to enjoy the car soon. Have fun!
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 10:20   #4166
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer.

Can you show me a pic of point no. 3, Ritesh Pawar?

And I agree with most of the other people here, you are lacking proper knowledge of the features of ford figo.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 17:31   #4167
BHPian
 
riteshpawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Can you show me a pic of point no. 3, Ritesh Pawar?

And I agree with most of the other people here, you are lacking proper knowledge of the features of ford figo.
I surely am lacking the knowledge of the car features, when I took a test drive it was one of the vehicles that came for servicing at Bhavna Ford dealership service centre at Kalina Santacruz East. I used to work at Shaman Mercedes Benz showroom on the opp side.

This was the top end model the Titanium TDCI. This car had everything and the color was Red. So when the person showing me the car opened the boot hatch the disfigurement was not seen. (this gentleman was the service supervisor at Bhavna Ford)

My Figo is a Moon Dust Silver and is immediately seen as soon as one opens the booth hatch.

Coming to the part where one of our fellow BHPians have said that there is no arrangement for a seat belt warning, my Figo has this lamp in the instrument panel that glows when ignition is switched ON. Soon after the engine is started it just switches OFF. This lamp clearly shows a passenger sitting in a chair and the diagonal line across his chest -- I have also uploaded this in a photo.

About the slight tint on the glasses, I took a snap of the window half open and have attached the photo to this post. There may a slight difference between the 'with glasses and without glasses'; (visually) but I do not feel any difference at all when the car is out in the sun whether stationary or mobile.

(I am comparing the glasses to the WagonR, 118NE, Zen -- All my cars came with a visually significant difference between the with tint and without tint glasses (again without a sun-film)

I am going to upload some snaps so you can see the issues I have concerns with.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010228.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010227.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010225.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010223.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010217.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010218.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010219.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010220.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-s4010221.jpg  

riteshpawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 17:38   #4168
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer

Yes, I saw your pics Ritesh and would like to clear a few of the confusions.

1. The dried gel like thing that you see when you open the hatch. It is present in some cars, It is some kind of paste that is used during manufacturing process and sometimes excess is used. My fusion has it in the spare tyre storage area.

However yours seem to be too much in excess and your pics are quite close and i can't find out how much excess has been put.

Do one thing, take a photo of the car with the boot open from a little further away and using MS paint mark all the areas where you see this gel/paste kind of thing.

2. The seatbelt warning light : It lights up during start up but is redundant otherwise. So its normal in your case.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 18:26   #4169
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Confusion regarding various features in Ford Figo, Improper explanation by Dealer

Hi Ritesh,

Quote:
3. The boot has a very rough finish, just near the hinges after opening the hatch one can clearly see scratch marks and it
looks like someone has applied M-Seal to stick it to the body and then painted it.
4. There is a feature on the headlamp actuator dial for FOG Lamps and the instrument console clears lights up with the fog lamp indication however there are no fog lamps in the car
5. The Seat Belt lamp is there in the console however if the passenger or the driver is not wearing the seat belt, the
warning lamp shows no indication.
This is exactly how every Figo works. When I took a TD of a top end Titanium figo it was exactly the same.
In my Figo Exi all the lights in the instrument panel light up just before you start the car.
I really don't think this is an issue with your car.
The joints that you talk about are the same on most cars.
The glass is mildly tinted very-very mildly Maybe 2-5% its very hard to tell.

As my friend Mustang has asked can you post a zoomed out picture of the boot area? lift up the spare wheel and a post a zoomed out picture.
Then maybe we can give you a concrete answer about your car.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 20:28   #4170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Need some info on the gear shift problem mentioned in my thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2316239 (Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience)

Please help me out with some info on the gear assembly.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks