Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 14:06   #4306
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,838 Times
Thumbs up re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Sheel,

Had it been a while that, you had used your rear washer? My earlier Focus (ofcourse not here in India ), used to have the same problem, which the SA said, could be because of fluid drying out - due to vaporization / heat. Solution - hold the lever for a few seconds and the motor will pump the wiper fluid back.
It worked. Thanks a ton for this heads up. Really appreciate it

Seems Fords all across have their own sweet mind

Yes, it had been a while since I used the rear wash-wipe.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 15:54   #4307
BHPian
 
rohing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR - CBE
Posts: 180
Thanked: 35 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Today I was low on Diesel and was going to work, so switched off the AC as I did not want to cut it too close (I have pretty much never driven the Figo without AC before). To my suprise the performance of the car was in a different league:

- There was almost NO turbo lag even in low rpms
- The acceleration on 2nd & 3rd was much better
- The car could be driven 1 gear higher than the norm in my route

To summarize, it was like driving a petrol car!! It is addictive - now even after filling diesel, I am tempted to switch off the AC...only that it gets unbearable hot (I don't roll the windows down).

I have driven the old indica where you switch of AC to overtake and this is nothing like that. Figo's performance is very much acceptable with AC on. However, the power delivery without AC is superb and makes driving in the city so much easier. Now naturally having experienced it, I want the same with the AC on too

Not sure how the MJD performs without AC.
rohing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:15   #4308
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I checked this today in my figo, and it does behave as rohing mentioned.
Not a problem for me though
WOW are you saying that after taking a call on the BT the music/radio does NOT turn on? If thats the case then it may have to so with some settings on the system. I would like to know what?
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:24   #4309
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
WOW are you saying that after taking a call on the BT the music/radio does NOT turn on? If thats the case then it may have to so with some settings on the system. I would like to know what?
No, I said it does behave as rohing mentioned!
i.e, it does turn on after the call
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 17:04   #4310
BHPian
 
gtonsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My second post on this forum and I have to thank GTO for such an excellent review of this wonderful car called Figo! I have read almost all of your posts, GTO and I find them indepth yet crisp and extremely readable as well as informative. It was mostly because of this review as well as inputs from other members that I decided to follow my head rather than heart (Polo) and bought myself a ZXi Figo Petrol about 40 days back. Thank you.
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 17:53   #4311
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
My second post on this forum and I have to thank GTO for such an excellent review of this wonderful car called Figo! I have read almost all of your posts, GTO and I find them indepth yet crisp and extremely readable as well as informative. It was mostly because of this review as well as inputs from other members that I decided to follow my head rather than heart (Polo) and bought myself a ZXi Figo Petrol about 40 days back. Thank you.
This is exactly what i did a year back. Read GTO's view and went and booked my titanium petrol and have been enjoying every drive since then.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 18:03   #4312
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I recently took a test drive of the Figo. Man the diesel has almost no turbo lag, the performance from the Tdci was satisfying, Space was adequate, Handling and stability at triple digit figures amazed me. A really brilliant car at this price point. Excellent VFM and makes for a very sensible as well as desirable buy. Figo's success is not surprising. Great car Ford
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 18:23   #4313
BHPian
 
gtonsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Yes@Sumanthindra. Very insightful.

One thing I have noticed is that when going over road humps at slightly higher speeds than what should have been ideal, I noticed a "thunk" sound. Not sure how to express it properly. It sounds as though the springs have bottomed out or something like that. I know its not the mud flaps nor the body. It has to be the suspension (some part of it). have you noticed it?
Another thing is, I have run approx 1200 kms so far. Yesterday I was cleaning the engine bay. I noticed the Power steering fluid was below the MIN mark. I called the showroom guys but they did not return my call and I dont have the time to drive to their garage. Is this normal? What will happen if the fluid runs dry? I will go to Metro tomorrow and have it checked but I just thought I will ask.
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 19:53   #4314
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 759
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Ford Figo, I feel that it has been a complete VFM package and I wouldn't hesitate a split second to recommend it to anyone. And i haven't repented a single day yet of the choice i made. I hope that my words are worth its weight as i have enough experience in the car having gobbled in 19000 kms within a span of 9 months in the Figo TDCi.

However, as i get more and more matured into the car experience, i have felt the need of a remote for the music system at times.Thought of bringing this up in the scheme of discussions as i did not find any one mentioning it. Probably, it was only me who felt its need...
Do i hear some one clapping for me too? Or am I still left alone on the pavement?
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 21:50   #4315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Since this is the most active thread for FIGO and there are members who have completed more than 15k kms, I am posting this question here:

What's the difference in mileage figures with and without AC?

My FIGO has completed 14k kms and in the winters in Delhi it used to be 20+ all the time....heck i even saw figures of 22.7 and 21+ a few times.

But now that the summers are here and the AC is on all the time, last mileage was 14.2 and even this refill seems to be heading for a similar figure.

A difference of 6 kmpl is something that amazes me, cos the driver and the route are the same with similar traffic conditions.

Can people share their mileage figures please? Esp owners from NCR (since I live in Delhi)
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 22:43   #4316
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,643
Thanked: 3,838 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@Rohing - Yes, the Car feels much peppier w/o A/C. It feels as though you are driving a different Car (engine wise)

@bruiser - I am regularly getting 16kmpl on all my tank ups. (Its a diesel, 100% a/c with idling a wee bit)

Last edited by Sheel : 6th May 2011 at 22:48.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 23:05   #4317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi,

A couple of questions to the Figo owners:

1) Hows the back seat ride quality and comfort?

2) I see that there are no head rests in the back seat...does the absence of it make a difference to ride comfort and safety?
sparkglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 02:33   #4318
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 509
Thanked: 301 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Yes@Sumanthindra. Very insightful.

One thing I have noticed is that when going over road humps at slightly higher speeds than what should have been ideal, I noticed a "thunk" sound. Not sure how to express it properly. It sounds as though the springs have bottomed out or something like that. I know its not the mud flaps nor the body. It has to be the suspension (some part of it). have you noticed it?
Another thing is, I have run approx 1200 kms so far. Yesterday I was cleaning the engine bay. I noticed the Power steering fluid was below the MIN mark. I called the showroom guys but they did not return my call and I dont have the time to drive to their garage. Is this normal? What will happen if the fluid runs dry? I will go to Metro tomorrow and have it checked but I just thought I will ask.
Hi gtonsing,
The "thud" sound while going over a bump/pothole is a known thing in most Ford cars as I have learned. All Figo's have it and it can be attributed to the stiffer suspension setup in these cars. Nothing to worry about

And about the power steering fluid level, do take your car to the A.S.S. during the weekend and get it topped up. You wouldn't want to run with less than required level. I guess lesser fluid levels can render the steering tighter than normal, not sure about this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
Since this is the most active thread for FIGO and there are members who have completed more than 15k kms, I am posting this question here:

What's the difference in mileage figures with and without AC?

My FIGO has completed 14k kms and in the winters in Delhi it used to be 20+ all the time....heck i even saw figures of 22.7 and 21+ a few times.

But now that the summers are here and the AC is on all the time, last mileage was 14.2 and even this refill seems to be heading for a similar figure.

A difference of 6 kmpl is something that amazes me, cos the driver and the route are the same with similar traffic conditions.

Can people share their mileage figures please? Esp owners from NCR (since I live in Delhi)
My car has always returned around 16 kmpl with 80% A.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hi,

A couple of questions to the Figo owners:

1) Hows the back seat ride quality and comfort?

2) I see that there are no head rests in the back seat...does the absence of it make a difference to ride comfort and safety?
1) Ride quality is fairly good for the category. The car does have a stiff suspension set-up, but rides equally well. Not in the Punto class, but good enough. Punto>Polo>Figo>i20, IMO when it comes to ride quality. Have not been in an Indica, hence can't comment

2) The lack of head rest is a big disadvantage especially for people anywhere taller than say 5 ft 10". You head would in most probablity be above the tiny integrated headrests and that indeed is not a good safe position to be in. For people shorter, it would be just fine and there would be no complains.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 10:53   #4319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Is it possible to remove the integrated headrests and fit normal ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post

2) The lack of head rest is a big disadvantage especially for people anywhere taller than say 5 ft 10". You head would in most probablity be above the tiny integrated headrests and that indeed is not a good safe position to be in. For people shorter, it would be just fine and there would be no complains.
sparkglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 12:24   #4320
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Captain please pursue this with President's desk ford. I too am facing the squeaks problem for almost a year and now they are trying to tell me that it might be because of my car getting rear ended, though I would outright reject their thrash, a collective revolt should help. So please raise a request and let me know your request number. And let me know if you need mine!

Others, if you are facing the similar issues please let me know on PM, it is quite important for me to quote all these cases to them.

Just to be clear it more like chin chin squeaking noise like an insect's squeak.
I cant believe the excuses the SAs tell the customers.
Yes thats the kind of the sound. There is a also a slight thud thud noise coming from the left rear side.
Anilisanil, Surely will get back to you. Will take the car to the A.S.S and see what they say.
Others facing this problem please post about it.

Update -
My petrol 1.2 has given the the worst F.E ever recorded for any figo. Last tankfull my FE was a little above 8 KMPL Driven in heavy B2B traffic with Aircon.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks