Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 14:50   #4366
BHPian
 
sbkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 329
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Regarding the handbrake problem, I hope you are not pressing the handbrake button while pulling the lever up. If you are doing this then the handbrake does not deploy fully.
Sorry if this is a very naive question - I always do this and of course learned this from my friends who do this - pushing the button while pulling the lever up. I thought that's the right way to do it, of course coming to think of it now, i have not ready any manual which says how to do this.

So if "not pressing" the button is the right way to do it, does it apply to all the cars?
sbkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 15:53   #4367
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Sorry if this is a very naive question - I always do this and of course learned this from my friends who do this - pushing the button while pulling the lever up. I thought that's the right way to do it, of course coming to think of it now, i have not ready any manual which says how to do this.

So if "not pressing" the button is the right way to do it, does it apply to all the cars?
I do not know whether it affects other cars but it does affect ford cars. Not pressing the button while pulling up is the way to go.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 16:21   #4368
BHPian
 
sbkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 329
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I do not know whether it affects other cars but it does affect ford cars. Not pressing the button while pulling up is the way to go.
Thanks Mustang ! Ironically both the cars that I used to drive were Fords! I googled for the handbrake usage steps and surprisingly could not find any material that is comprehensive. Will have to check my drivers manual if there are some instructions for this.
sbkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 17:01   #4369
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo
All -

I bought a Ford Figo Lxi for my dad on the 10th of April, I have a couple of niggles that I would like to share and confirm if my finding collate with other T-BHP members.

1) The other day I was driving sedately after about 0.5 hrs of driving with the AC on, I suddenly at a traffic stop felt that the engine revving at a high RPM than normal idling. I did face this issue a couple of times, to sort it I restarted the car on both the counts and the problem disappeared. Even since this issue I have driven another 100 odd Kms but haven't faced the issue.

2) I have a strong feeling that the braking in Figo is appalling, both the floor and the hand brake. Even on a close to 30 degree incline the hand brake has to be pulled really UP to ensure that the car does not budge.

I would be thankful if other T-BHPian can shed some light on these issues.

Happy Motoring !!
That's the AC fan, it sounds big, I have faced it too, you just need to set the blower to max on a hot afternoon to feel it again
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 10:40   #4370
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gridlock
Posts: 31
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I do not know whether it affects other cars but it does affect ford cars. Not pressing the button while pulling up is the way to go.
Mustang, I am no automobile expert, but beg to differ. When I first started driving in Middle East (its painful to get license there), my trainer taught me to have the hand brake pulled with the button pressed and used to insist that it is the right method. He tends to lose temper if we just pull the hnad bake lever up, without the button pressed. Not sure how far it is true, but he had been doing it for donkey years, so I better respect his experience on this . By the way, it was not a Ford that they use for driving classes, so it does suit for other cars too.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 12:31   #4371
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric

Mustang, I am no automobile expert, but beg to differ. When I first started driving in Middle East (its painful to get license there), my trainer taught me to have the hand brake pulled with the button pressed and used to insist that it is the right method. He tends to lose temper if we just pull the hnad bake lever up, without the button pressed. Not sure how far it is true, but he had been doing it for donkey years, so I better respect his experience on this . By the way, it was not a Ford that they use for driving classes, so it does suit for other cars too.
I beg to differ too, the button is there to unlock the locking mechanism that hold the lever up, so it need not be pressed when locking it in place. It's similar to closing the room door with the lever down, it's not needed but it is smoother. The depressing of the button when engaging hand break only helps to make it less noisy. I think the ford mechanism is a bit different requiring it to not to be depressed. My 2 paisa
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 12:48   #4372
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

If you engage the handbrake with the button pressed, it is possible that the brake is not fully engaged.
A good way to test this is by first applying the hand brake with the button pressed. then release the button and try to lift the lever again, if the lever moves up a few notches, it means that the brake was not fully engaged.
I personally use the button only for releasing the hand brake.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:50   #4373
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Has any of you tried the supposedly new mud flaps that are available?

I had raised this with ford india in january, and was told a while later that new ones are available with the dealer. I checked them out, but they look no better than the old ones. They are almost as hard as the old ones are, and am sure will end up broken soon! so havent replaced it.

Got a call today from ford india, and told them that the new ones are similar to the old ones, but they say they havent received any complaints about the new ones in about 3 months now!

If any of you have tried, please update.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:58   #4374
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united
Has any of you tried the supposedly new mud flaps that are available?

I had raised this with ford india in january, and was told a while later that new ones are available with the dealer. I checked them out, but they look no better than the old ones. They are almost as hard as the old ones are, and am sure will end up broken soon! so havent replaced it.

Got a call today from ford india, and told them that the new ones are similar to the old ones, but they say they havent received any complaints about the new ones in about 3 months now!

If any of you have tried, please update.
I used after market ones which are flexible though no great lookers. They serve the purpose well.
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 14:35   #4375
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Has any of you tried the supposedly new mud flaps that are available?
I am using after market ones for last 10 months and no problem whatsoever. But I am from Pune and I am not too sure how many owners from Pune have problems with OEM flaps.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:03   #4376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am using after market ones for last 10 months and no problem whatsoever. But I am from Pune and I am not too sure how many owners from Pune have problems with OEM flaps.
In bangalore, I have seen too many figos with broken mudflaps. of course, bangalore is the speed breaker city
Whenever I go to the service centre, I see more than half the figos there with broken flaps!

Anyone using after market ones in bangalore?
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:26   #4377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Thanks Mustang ! Ironically both the cars that I used to drive were Fords! I googled for the handbrake usage steps and surprisingly could not find any material that is comprehensive. Will have to check my drivers manual if there are some instructions for this.
The Ford Figo Manual does say "Do not press the release button when you apply the brake". So Mustang is correct wrt the Figo Handbrake.
achilles101 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 00:09   #4378
BHPian
 
ramharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

pulling the handbrake without pressing the button is the safest way to do, because when you press the button and pull the handbrake you will not be entirely sure if the brakes are applied properly, since your thumb action takes in more attention than the pulling itself. When you release the button, the handbrake might slip a teeth so eventually the brake applied would be less.

IMHO always use handbrake without pressing the button so you can be sure that the brake is locked correctly.

Ram
ramharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 09:53   #4379
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Normally the reverse gear engagement will be smooth. You need to have the engine idle for few seconds (around 5 sec) in the neutral at top position (near to you) of reverse gear and push down to get it engaged smooth.

The fabric seats are much better. Since to avoid dust accumulation espcially due to jumping of kids I have put reksin covers even though I do not like.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 20:15   #4380
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,415
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Is it possible to change engine immobiliser code on the Figo?
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks