Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th May 2011, 00:23   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
My rear view mirror just came off one day. Maybe it was the heat, so the glue got unstuck.
Moreover, the handle also came out... its a ball and socket thing.
It refused to go back in.
We tried every trick.
When I went to Ford Service, they simply shrugged off my predicament - no... and old mirror CANNOT be glued back on.
YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY A NEW MIRROR : FORD SIMPLY CANNOT AND WILL NOT STICK THE MIRROR BACK ON!!!
I feel so cheated!

Comments, guyz?
I thought with the introduction of 'Child Spares' concept, Ford promised to repair and replace smaller sub-components rather than replacing the entire components and making us pay more! This is bad dealer attitude. Did you try any other local mechanic to just get it stuck on? And what did the Service center guy tell you for the door handle? Do they fix it, or do we need to replace the door?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 00:29   #4412
BHPian

I have been facing minor issues with my figo and these minor issues are mostly rattleing/creaking noise. I have visited the authorised service center many times now and they say that today engineers from ford factory are coming to check my car.

After driving the car for 49 days and 4500 kms latter i feel that ford has given quality a discrete slip! I genuinely feel cheated too

The noise is irritating me
vinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 08:26   #4413
BANNED

Quote:
Does the AC need special attention during the 2nd Service, especially in this weather?
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thanks to the pollen filter, the AC does not need to be serviced every season. Get AC gas checked and pollen filter cleaned/replaced.

Only the filter needs to be changed according to the dates mentioned in the manual. Do not get the AC serviced, it does not require it. In my Ikon, the Ac was never serviced in 8 years of ownership and the person i sold it to also has not got the AC service done up and still the AC works as good as new.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 10:51   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My rear view mirror just came off one day. Maybe it was the heat, so the glue got unstuck.
Moreover, the handle also came out... its a ball and socket thing.
It refused to go back in.
We tried every trick.
When I went to Ford Service, they simply shrugged off my predicament - no... and old mirror CANNOT be glued back on.
YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY A NEW MIRROR : FORD SIMPLY CANNOT AND WILL NOT STICK THE MIRROR BACK ON!!!
I feel so cheated!

Comments, guyz?
If it just came out without any external damage you should claim that under warranty. Talk to the service head and if he does not budge try talking to the Regional Service Manager, he should help you if you genuinely lost the part to bad quality.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 22:07   #4415
h.k
BHPian

Smile re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
I have been facing minor issues with my figo and these minor issues are mostly rattleing/creaking noise. I have visited the authorised service center many times now and they say that today engineers from ford factory are coming to check my car.

After driving the car for 49 days and 4500 kms latter i feel that ford has given quality a discrete slip! I genuinely feel cheated too

I have now driven the car for nearly 19000 kms and i feel the car has become more smoother that what it was, but yes i did complain about the noise as u have mentioned, however, there was no correction like bad smell i guess, i am now getting used to it.
h.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 22:18   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
I have now driven the car for nearly 19000 kms and i feel the car has become more smoother that what it was, but yes i did complain about the noise as u have mentioned, however, there was no correction like bad smell i guess, i am now getting used to it.
I understand what you mean when you say "I am getting used to it" I find it hard to accept that a car from a company like Ford which has revolutionized cars can rattle in such places like dashboard etc...
vinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:47   #4417
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. The rubber and plastic parts (except door trims) are really not up to the mark. I also have a small impression, there are chances of rattling noises after driving 2 to 3 years. But need to wait and see.
The plastics are supplied by Sumi Motherson (OEM suppliers for almost all indian cars) and the OEM cost supplied to Figo is very less compared to others. Eg: The tail lamp cost of Figo is around Rs 600/- but costs Rs 1000/- for other cars like Punto..
Then they need to cut something on quality for Figo - I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
I think IDV should depreciate at-least by 10% each year. I mean, if your 1st insurance's IDV was 4.85L, it could be as much as 4.36L in second year. 20% seems more depreciation in your case.

Did you have your first year insurance with New India? Also, does New India provide cashless settlement, and do they have tie-up with your preferred service center?
My first year IDV was 5% less ex showroom price which came around 4.49L. It was with New India. I continued with New India this time also,but applied directly with them. I was told that 10%-20% was the depreciation for 1 year. So 4.85L was the ex showroom price (approx)for Exi and 20% reduction came around 3.88L and rounded off to 4 L as 2nd year IDV for my vehicle. One guy told an addition of 30 to 40k would only benefit the Insurance and the customers. I could not understand this.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:33   #4418
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
I think IDV should depreciate at-least by 10% each year. I mean, if your 1st insurance's IDV was 4.85L, it could be as much as 4.36L in second year. 20% seems more depreciation in your case.

Did you have your first year insurance with New India? Also, does New India provide cashless settlement, and do they have tie-up with your preferred service center?
My experience:
1st insurance - 5% less
2nd reneval - 10% on current IDV --- 15% from Ex-showroom billing.
Insurer: Bajaj Alliance
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 00:14   #4419
BHPian

Cool re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I had to buy a brand new rear view mirror for INR 560, there was no alternative.
No one bothered to change the AC filter.
The service standards were simply awful as compared to Hyundai.
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:26   #4420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Good luck devakumar.
Check with Insurance prices. Always better to get the alloys outside as there are more varieties

I got my insurance renewed today. My model is EXi and its present ex show room price 4,85,000 approx. Now after 20% depreciation got the insurance done for 3,90,000 (IDV value) and the premium was 9000/- in New India. The insurance was done in Coimbatore.

what is the correct IDV value for EXI & the premium amount for the 2nd year.
I checked with ICICI Lombard and got the below options.

IDV - 521,455
Option 1 - 14,326
Option 2 - 18,352 (bumper to bumper)

Is the option 2 is really required? What is generally comes from dealer is option 1 or 2?

Regards
Devakumar
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:29   #4421
BHPian

I have to renew my insurance with Bajaj Allianz for the second year, along with a no claim bonus. What should be the premium for my Diesel Titanium?
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:33   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Thanks for the input. I am planning to check further options on Insurance..
Just for your info. I got my insurance for around 13 K. It's a haggle and bargain deal. Just tell them that you'll take the insurance from outside as they are offering you much better choice. I had a similar situation when they asked 20k from me and the dealers had the audacity to say that they would not sell me the car if i dont get the insurance through them. I straight away wrote a stinker mail to ford india and things automatically fell in place. Ford management dealt with the issue quite handsomely i should say. The insurance deal is not mandatory as far as ford is concerned. Individual dealers might have their own tie up with insurance companies and they do get a huge dividend out of it. So beware, and bargain to the hilt. Only you stand to lose your hard earned money and no one else
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 22:55   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy

Has the Ford engineer seen the car? What does he say?
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 23:24   #4424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

same issue for me too and the solution from the ford too is same an engineer from ford will check my car, but the thing is he will waste my time and leave and the issue would resurface within a month, I have been facing this issue for almost a year.

Otherwise the car is great, I love the way it handles returns me 17kmpl within city at 80% a/c but these niggles just drain the fun out of it!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 02:25   #4425
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
My experience:
1st insurance - 5% less
2nd reneval - 10% on current IDV --- 15% from Ex-showroom billing.
Insurer: Bajaj Alliance
Absolutely. In my case instead of 15% from current ex-showroom price, it was deducted around 17%. The premium was 9k. I feel it was quite OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I checked with ICICI Lombard and got the below options.
IDV - 521,455
Option 1 - 14,326
Option 2 - 18,352 (bumper to bumper)

Is the option 2 is really required? What is generally comes from dealer is option 1 or 2?
Regards
Devakumar
I think the dealer does option 1. Really dont know what are the exact benefits if you go for option 2. Big advt is done for ICICI lombard now a days and it may have some hidden facts which we normally dont read at the time of insuring.

@anilsanil - you are spot on.

Went for a general checkup to the SC yesterday as I planned for a long drive and also felt AC chill is not that much good.
They water washed the condenser to remove dust.
The grill temperature was 7 degrees at 1 speed and thermostat at max position. When I drove back, it was ok, but felt better when the thermostat switch to position 8 (one position lower). Suspect the thermostat switch. The standard temp of AC is 5 degrees. Need to check its performance during my trip.

I noted one sound when the right rear tire hits a pit. I complained to the SA and one experienced Technician also confirmed the same after testdrive. They removed the shocks and found it was gone. Oil has come out. Got it replaced under warranty.
So the list of replacements (offcourse under warranty) has gone to 4 in one year. The cost of the shock absorber (rear is around 800/- )

The service especially at MPL, Perungudi (mechanical & electrical division of service) was very prompt and good. Eventhough I feel relieved now, doubts raise about frequent failures of critical components. Infact the car has done only 1000 kms for the past three months that too only within the city.

Feel it is safe to go for 4th year warranty to avoid any major spare & labour expenses.

Ford had a dealer meet today ( from all over India) to get the feedback etc.. The major & common complaint by all of them in Figo is the GC problem and Ford is not committed on any solution for this problem. So Figopians have to live with it....
Sooner Figos are going to have flexible and better Mudflaps . Would be happier if bright and good headlights are added in the modification list as well.

Last edited by RGK : 25th May 2011 at 02:27.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote