Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th May 2011, 10:39   #4426
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Renewed my insurance with ICICI (petrol zxi) thro' MPL Ford. Opted for zero depreciation policy with IDV of 3,20,640. The premium was 12041
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 15:17   #4427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue

Has the Ford engineer seen the car? What does he say?
Well the engineer from ford is coming to check my car tomorrow! So Will update as soon as i get my car back!
vinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 17:53   #4428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
Well the engineer from ford is coming to check my car tomorrow! So Will update as soon as i get my car back!
Which dealership is this? I will take my car there tomorrow. My car has the same problem.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 18:00   #4429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Which dealership is this? I will take my car there tomorrow. My car has the same problem.
Captain do you face this problem even after the rear trims are changed?
I wonder what Ford is trying to do here and the SC has the audacity to tell me that mine is a one off case and they have never heard any such complaint before!

I get squeaky noise (akin to the payal chin chin sound or something like cricket's noises), I am sure you too are getting the same!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 18:00   #4430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow

Metro ford is the dealer! My car would be picked up from my house! Will be there at around 11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

I wonder what Ford is trying to do here and the SC has the audacity to tell me that mine is a one off case and they have never heard any such complaint before!

I get squeaky noise (akin to the payal chin chin sound or something like cricket's noises), I am sure you too are getting the same!
Which dealership is this!? If they have not heard about this kind of problems then they are either telling a lie or they are never bothered to listen to a customer!

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2011 at 13:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 25th May 2011, 18:19   #4431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Anil, They never changed the rear trims in my car. All they did was remove everything and use some kind of 3m tape and then fix it back.
Its not just you and me. Every figo owner I have spoken to is complaining about this.
Yes thats the annoying sound but in my car its not just the squeaky noise but now there is also a loud thud-thud noise from the left rear side, sounds like something is being ripped apart and then put back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
Metro ford is the dealer! My car would be picked up from my house! Will be there at around 11am
Are you also going to be there by 11? I will try and be at metro ford at 10.30-11.00AM, We can tell this ford engineer that its not only our cars but most of the other figos also face the same problem.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 18:43   #4432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow

Anil, They never changed the rear trims in my car. All they did was remove everything and use some kind of 3m tape and then fix it back.
Its not just you and me. Every figo owner I have spoken to is complaining about this.
Yes thats the annoying sound but in my car its not just the squeaky noise but now there is also a loud thud-thud noise from the left rear side, sounds like something is being ripped apart and then put back.

Are you also going to be there by 11? I will try and be at metro ford at 10.30-11.00AM, We can tell this ford engineer that its not only our cars but most of the other figos also face the same problem.
Well that's not any special tape! Just the ordinary two way sticker!! When you see that you feel really cheated! I have sent you my no lets co ordinate

Last edited by vinboy : 25th May 2011 at 18:50.
Old 25th May 2011, 19:08   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

I get that on right. I sent an ultimatum to these guys asking for a final date of solution and what would they do if the problem repeats. I am waiting for their reply. I too get that thud sound. @RGK says that they replaced rear shocker for the same, I shudder to think about the long term ownership, crossing my fingers!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 19:18   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

I get that on right. I sent an ultimatum to these guys asking for a final date of solution and what would they do if the problem repeats. I am waiting for their reply. I too get that thud sound. @RGK says that they replaced rear shocker for the same, I shudder to think about the long term ownership, crossing my fingers!
Well i think the thud noise comes in all figos! It happens in my car too but not bad though! I guess in the long run it would be a headache. In general I felt that the fit and quality of some parts have been compromised.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:37   #4435
BHPian

My car insurance is about to expire. I got a quote from Baja Alianz (same insurer as last year) and they quoted Rs. 11242 premium for IDV 430,000. I think last year the IDV was 485000. She also mentioned this covers everything that was fitted on car including the music system which is a standard accessory.
Do I need to check something else or should I go with this? This is cashless and they also mentioned some kind of a tie up with Planet Ford.
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 13:44   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Do I need to check something else or should I go with this? This is cashless and they also mentioned some kind of a tie up with Planet Ford.
Yes, if you want to go cashless without bothering about the premium. Bajaj Allianz premiums are on higher side for figo. If you want to save on premium, you can try Chola or Future Generali or Tata AIG.

I had paid 12000 as first year premium for Figo TDCI Titanium with Chola. IDV 5,16,000. But Planet Ford has no tie up with them.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 13:55   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Yes, if you want to go cashless without bothering about the premium. Bajaj Allianz premiums are on higher side for figo. If you want to save on premium, you can try Chola or Future Generali or Tata AIG.

I had paid 12000 as first year premium for Figo TDCI Titanium with Chola. IDV 5,16,000. But Planet Ford has no tie up with them.
Having an insurance company tie up with Planet Ford, does it help in any way?
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 20:28   #4438
BHPian

My replies are in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
same issue for me too and the solution from the ford too is same an engineer from ford will check my car, but the thing is he will waste my time and leave and the issue would resurface within a month, I have been facing this issue for almost a year.

Precisely, That is why I have been postponing a visit to the service centre till the third service . Both my service centre and Ford are unable to solve the problem on a permanent basis

Otherwise the car is great, I love the way it handles returns me 17kmpl within city at 80% a/c but these niggles just drain the fun out of it!!

The sad part of an otherwise fine driving experience. We just cant have the cake and eat it too.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 20:33   #4439
BHPian

Today I had been to Metro Ford along with Captianslow!! The ford technicians( I dont think they were engineers. They looked more so like assembly level technicians ) had come to check the car.

One representative from the vendor who supplies power window parts to ford had also come. One more car had come from PVS Ford, Kerala with a similar squeaking noise from the window panes.

They have not given me or Captianslow any convincing answers about the problems we are facing! I am yet to get my car so can not comment on the repairs done. All I can say now is they have relied mostly on insulation tapes to isolate the noises and I am not sure if that would be a permanent solutions.

I will get my car back tomorrow after they do the some more testing etc and hopefully I would be able to give more information!!

But all this is making me feel that this car seriously has issues and would give major headaches in the maintenance department!!
Old 26th May 2011, 20:46   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
My replies are in bold
Doc, The guys from ford do not want to accept that there istl an issue! They rather want to pin down and say "yours is a unique problem" and today they were at their best!! These "Engineers" from ford were trying to tell me that most of the problem that we were raising are due to our improper maintenance !! WOW I did not know a car which is less than 60 days old would have issues like rattling/squeaking noise due to our improper maintenance. I feel all figo/ford car buyers should be trained at ford manufacturing facility about care and maintenance!!

TBHPians would be surprised to hear what these "Engineers" told about our forum to Captianslow!!