Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th June 2011, 00:15   #4486
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Tyres are not rotated by Ford. I was told that there is no need. and that it's only done in olden times when standard tyres were not available.
When all 4 tyres wear out, replace them retaining the stepney.
Well, I feel you are mistaken there. Tyres are rotated by Ford They did it at Cochin for my 10 K servicing and also at Goa for my 20 K servicing. Both of them mentioned that it is standard practise with Ford to rotate tyres every 10000 Kms.
There isn't the question of tyres wearing out. The question will be of the stepney. What if you have a flat tyre. Then you'll end up having three worn out tyres and a fourth brand new tyre. That aint good for you
dhanushmenon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 09:56   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Tyres are not rotated by Ford. I was told that there is no need. and that it's only done in olden times when standard tyres were not available.
When all 4 tyres wear out, replace them retaining the stepney.
Tires are rotated by ford. Tires should be rotated by anyone. It has got nothing to do with modern or old tires, it is just to ensure that we have 5 uniformly worn out tires.

A ford service center cannot refuse to do something that is written specifically in the service schedule. Don't let them take you for granted, more so because you have three ford cars!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 11:59   #4488
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Well, I feel you are mistaken there. Tyres are rotated by Ford They did it at Cochin for my 10 K servicing and also at Goa for my 20 K servicing. Both of them mentioned that it is standard practise with Ford to rotate tyres every 10000 Kms.
There isn't the question of tyres wearing out. The question will be of the stepney. What if you have a flat tyre. Then you'll end up having three worn out tyres and a fourth brand new tyre. That aint good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Tires are rotated by ford. Tires should be rotated by anyone. It has got nothing to do with modern or old tires, it is just to ensure that we have 5 uniformly worn out tires.

A ford service center cannot refuse to do something that is written specifically in the service schedule. Don't let them take you for granted, more so because you have three ford cars!
Absolutely Correct. Tyre rotation is important to use all the 5 tyres evenly.
My tyres were not rotated at 10k for me at Coimbatore SC. When checked here, the SA said, it can be at 20k. Now the car has done 14k, and the tread wear and tear is even across all tyres. But I feel to do it at 15k and rotate at 5k intervals there after.

Had a long drive of 1000km after AC cleaning and rear shock absorber change. The car is OK now. The AC worked well in extreme heat. Chennai was horrible last weekend. Filled Diesel at IOCL at LB road, Adayar and got a mileage of only 15 (120km drive inside the city and 500km in the highways). Very upset on seeing the huge drop.
While coming back, I filled at two well known IOCL outlets. Done 485kms after that and the DTE showed 477 on reaching chennai. Just touching around 21km/L. Seems a pretty decent mileage with complete AC and driving between 100-110kmph.

Now I doubt the IOCL outlet at Adyar, Chennai. Regarding squeaks, it is heard from somewhere inside the cabin while driving in bad roads, but luckily not heard in good roads.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:11   #4489
BHPian

Guys need to know how the rear seat in the figo is to be folded forward? The backrest is not a problem though.

I tried doing this y'day. I also went to Lathangi however they said that they have to loosen some screws and moreover after this the seat may not sit tightly and will start emitting squeaking noise! I said NO then and there to the activity

If the rear seat takes a process to tumble then whats the whole point in providing the feature?
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:47   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra
Guys need to know how the rear seat in the figo is to be folded forward? The backrest is not a problem though.

I tried doing this y'day. I also went to Lathangi however they said that they have to loosen some screws and moreover after this the seat may not sit tightly and will start emitting squeaking noise! I said NO then and there to the activity

If the rear seat takes a process to tumble then whats the whole point in providing the feature?
Try pulling up the base of the seat from back, basically, the bottom part goes up from back and rest with the front seats, then the back of the rear seat is folded down to take place of the base. Hope that makes sense.
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:50   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

I wonder why Service center guys tell such crap!

Folding the seat is pretty easy. It is detailed with diagrams in user manual.

One just need to put his hand between the gap where backrest meets the seat. Without sitting on the seat just try and pull the seat towards you, you will be able to do it pretty easily, after that just press the red buttons to release the locks of back rest and voila you are done, it has got nothing to loosen the seats!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:31   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Absolutely Correct. Tyre rotation is important to use all the 5 tyres evenly.
My tyres were not rotated at 10k for me at Coimbatore SC. When checked here, the SA said, it can be at 20k. Now the car has done 14k, and the tread wear and tear is even across all tyres. But I feel to do it at 15k and rotate at 5k intervals there after.
Yes. If you have missed out the tyre rotation at 10K servicing, its a loss. However, its still advisable that you start it at least at 15000. Better late than never.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:31   #4493
BHPian

Quote:

One just need to put his hand between the gap where backrest meets the seat. Without sitting on the seat just try and pull the seat towards you, you will be able to do it pretty easily, after that just press the red buttons to release the locks of back rest and voila you are done, it has got nothing to loosen the seats!
You may encounter the seat belt buckles that would need to be pushed in to pull out the seat. leather or vinyl seat covers could increase the difficulty in flipping the base of the seat.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:37   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
leather or vinyl seat covers could increase the difficulty in flipping the base of the seat.
This is with regard to the Titanium pack which you got installed.
1)Is it still on? Any idea?
2)Do they give leather seat covers or is it any other material?
3)And now that the rains have lashed the country, would you suggest that i should go in for seat covers or should i maintain the OE seats? (With regards to maintenance and also comfort )
Old 8th June 2011, 11:41   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may encounter the seat belt buckles that would need to be pushed in to pull out the seat. leather or vinyl seat covers could increase the difficulty in flipping the base of the seat.
That is very good point you made, it is important for you to push the seat buckles under the seat otherwise you will not be able to pull the seat out.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:51   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
This is with regard to the Titanium pack which you got installed.
1)Is it still on? Any idea?
2)Do they give leather seat covers or is it any other material?
3)And now that the rains have lashed the country, would you suggest that i should go in for seat covers or should i maintain the OE seats? (With regards to maintenance and also comfort )
I do not know if titanium pack is still on but you could do a quick check with the ford service. I guess you can order them.

Leather seat covers are available but you need not go for OEM ones as they tend to be just ok ok and expensive that after market ones.

The OE seat are nice and has a contour that the seat covers took away. I realized it yesterday when i sat in a OE seat laden figo.

When you put leather seats I hope most people put it till the seat cover tear off or gets damaged. Now since it is raining it might not be a problem but once the sun comes up, its going to be difficult sitting on them.
Leather seats turn red hot when parked in sun. particularly if they are black.

With leather/vinyl seats dust will not percolate into the foam and so easier to clean.

there is more to this series that bhp-ians can add.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:56   #4497
BHPian

Quote:

OK i tried this however the seat is not budging. Is it because i have leather seats on the original and this is causing the friction? I think i am missing something here
Old 8th June 2011, 12:06   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

That is very good point you made, it is important for you to push the seat buckles under the seat otherwise you will not be able to pull the seat out.
Just attaching a crude picture on how to perform this operation.
Attached Images

Last edited by figo_mba : 8th June 2011 at 12:07. Reason: spelling correction
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 12:10   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Just attaching a crude picture on how to perform this operation.
Thanks for the pictorial description. Will try and revert. I really do not understand why the Lathangi SA told that they have to loosen screws and then once done the seats will not fit snuggly as earlier?
Old 9th June 2011, 11:19   #4500
BHPian

Do all versions of figo have seats that flip forward. Zxi does. Not sure about the lower versions.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote