Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 11:55   #4501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra

Thanks for the pictorial description. Will try and revert. I really do not understand why the Lathangi SA told that they have to loosen screws and then once done the seats will not fit snuggly as earlier?
Here is how I do it (with vinyl seat covers). You might need to move the front seats forward a little and for me the seat belt buckles remain under the seat as nobody uses those seats
Attached Images
  
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:58   #4502
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Here is how I do it (with vinyl seat covers). You might need to move the front seats forward a little and for me the seat belt buckles remain under the seat as nobody uses those seats
THANKS for the pics. Tell me is there some hook or holders for the seat? I tried it again y'day however it just did not budge :-(. Do you have to hold the seats near the center and just yank it towards you? Something is holding the seat and just not able to get it

picture of the rear seat of my ride.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-dsc00589.jpg

Last edited by sumathindra : 9th June 2011 at 12:03. Reason: picture added
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:17   #4503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra

THANKS for the pics. Tell me is there some hook or holders for the seat? I tried it again y'day however it just did not budge :-(. Do you have to hold the seats near the center and just yank it towards you? Something is holding the seat and just not able to get it

picture of the rear seat of my ride.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-dsc00589.jpg
1. Push the seatbelt buckles under the seat between the gap of rear and base
2. Put your hand between this same gap and push up.

There are no latches for the base, only the two buttons for the back at each end, you need to press both to release it RTFM . You might need to open both the rear doors as well as the knobs for windows up down are a hinderance

Last edited by gharika : 9th June 2011 at 12:19.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:23   #4504
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
1. Push the seatbelt buckles under the seat between the gap of rear and base
2. Put your hand between this same gap and push up.

There are no latches for the base, only the two buttons for the back at each end, you need to press both to release it RTFM . You might need to open both the rear doors as well as the knobs for windows up down are a hinderance
You seatbelt buckles may be obstructing. Open all the doors, push all the seat buckles and pull up. Use some force it should not be a problem! And have a close look at the gharika's pic the direction in which the seat flipped, if you try to pull it horizontally then it may not work, it should be at an angle.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 11:02   #4505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gridlock
Posts: 31
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Folks,

Does anyone have trouble streaming music from iPod via Bluetooth to the HU? My iPod is updated to the latest iOS version, and everytime I try to stream audio via bluetooth, the audio levels vary every few seconds / skips within the same track. Has anyone faced this problem? I am not sure if this has got anything to do with the iPod, as I am yet to check the audio streaming capability with another one, to rule out the possibility of iPod issue.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 11:16   #4506
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Folks,

Does anyone have trouble streaming music from iPod via Bluetooth to the HU? My iPod is updated to the latest iOS version, and everytime I try to stream audio via bluetooth, the audio levels vary every few seconds / skips within the same track. Has anyone faced this problem? I am not sure if this has got anything to do with the iPod, as I am yet to check the audio streaming capability with another one, to rule out the possibility of iPod issue.
Though not completely flawless, ipod streamed worked fine for me. A bit of variations in sound levels occasionally and nothing else. Will check again and let you know.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 14:20   #4507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 198
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric
Folks,

Does anyone have trouble streaming music from iPod via Bluetooth to the HU? My iPod is updated to the latest iOS version, and everytime I try to stream audio via bluetooth, the audio levels vary every few seconds / skips within the same track. Has anyone faced this problem? I am not sure if this has got anything to do with the iPod, as I am yet to check the audio streaming capability with another one, to rule out the possibility of iPod issue.
I have similar issues with iPad though it works fine with my HTC TD2 phone.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 18:28   #4508
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 198 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My Figo has developed an irritating sound.

While taking a left turn, there is a "khatt" sound coming from front end. Could not identify if it is suspension or steering box. The sound sometimes dissappears and then comes back. Drove the car in potholed roads, but there is no sound. Only in turnings & during lane changes.

Took the car to Kairali Ford. SA says it is because of Non OEM alloys & bigger tyres. Got an appointment for next Friday to open up the steering & suspension. No warranty so I may have to pay up for the spares if anything is replaced.

Anybody had similar issues?
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 15:14   #4509
BHPian
 
vinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore/Udupi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

After my Figo spent 3 days in the Metro Ford service station!, I was hoping that those irritating rear noise, dashboard noise, etc would not resurface! Sad but all the issues have resurfaced!! I do not know what to do!!
vinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 17:14   #4510
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

@vinboy-Get a good music collection, turn up the volume and enjoy the music
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 17:31   #4511
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 508
Thanked: 301 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
My Figo has developed an irritating sound.

While taking a left turn, there is a "khatt" sound coming from front end. Could not identify if it is suspension or steering box. The sound sometimes dissappears and then comes back. Drove the car in potholed roads, but there is no sound. Only in turnings & during lane changes.

Took the car to Kairali Ford. SA says it is because of Non OEM alloys & bigger tyres. Got an appointment for next Friday to open up the steering & suspension. No warranty so I may have to pay up for the spares if anything is replaced.

Anybody had similar issues?
Hey Skyline, I don't exactly remember your tire upsize, but have you checked if the tires foul with the wheel well on full rotation?
Few other things you could check if you've not done it yet, but I assume you would have done that already, however,

1) Loose mudflaps
2) Loose plastic panel covering the wheel well
3) It could also be the mudflaps touching the tires on rotation

Pray it's not something more complicated since your suspension/steering warranty is void.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 18:25   #4512
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 229
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

A few days back my car's bonnet hood release rod (the black stick which helps in releasing the latch) broke. Cheap quality plastics !

Went today to the dealership and got the hood release rod (black plastic thing to open the bonnet) replaced.

Hood release rod: Rs. 28.05 + 3.51 Tax (Acceptable price and I really appreciate that such small but useful parts are available and the company doesn't want us to change the whole unit and charge exorbitant price)

But what nullified the whole pleasant experience was -->

Labor (Just to screw up one nut): Rs 54.60 + 5.62 Tax Now that's called LOOT !

Total: Rs 92/-

When I asked the General Manager about the astonishing labor charge, he smiled and said: Sir, dealership hai. Itna to minimum lagta hi hai.

According to me, the labor should have been nil or at max Rs 5 + 1 Tax.

Then total would have been Rs 38/- only.

What I believe is that the American company didn't want the bill to be in cents. Dollars is what they love.
Diesel lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 19:07   #4513
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 198 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Pray it's not something more complicated since your suspension/steering warranty is void.
Tyre size is 185/65R14.

The sound is from a mechanical part. I called up the SA today on feeling a small vibration with the sound & he told it will be from steering rack.

Some noise is coming from the rear suspension as well. Could it be because of driving in the rain? I had driven through some muddy roads for past 2-3 days.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 19:25   #4514
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,181
Thanked: 1,034 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post

When I asked the General Manager about the astonishing labor charge, he smiled and said: Sir, dealership hai. Itna to minimum lagta hi hai.

According to me, the labor should have been nil or at max Rs 5 + 1 Tax.

Then total would have been Rs 38/- only.

What I believe is that the American company didn't want the bill to be in cents. Dollars is what they love.
I think dealerships are to be blamed here, not Ford. Ford had introduced child spares with the Figo to lower the cost of ownership significantly, but looks like the dealerships are using this to gain profits now!
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 19:45   #4515
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 229
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I think dealerships are to be blamed here, not Ford. Ford had introduced child spares with the Figo to lower the cost of ownership significantly, but looks like the dealerships are using this to gain profits now!
Aren't the labor prices same all over India? Or they wary from dealer to dealer? If they wary, then the dealer is to be blamed for such exorbitant pricing. If the prices are same, then the company is at fault since similar prices can only be there if the company sets the pricing.
.
Diesel lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks