Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 13:17   #4651
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@whitelion - Definitely that will give more power. At the same time,

1. Dashboard may loose its originality.
2. The chances of Hella lamps getting stolen are more.

@anilsanil - you are spot on.
1. Yes the boot alignment is poor causing the lock malfunction.
2. The rear windows go down if the no of passengers are more at the back.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 13:23   #4652
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,415
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
...
2. The rear windows go down if the no of passengers are more at the back.

what is this about? I usually do not have any passengers in the back, but does it mean that if I did have some passengers, my rear windows may also roll down on their own?
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 13:56   #4653
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
what is this about? I usually do not have any passengers in the back, but does it mean that if I did have some passengers, my rear windows may also roll down on their own?
rear passengers unintentionally nudge the roller down causing the windows to roll down. And Vina, I think you shouldn't worry unless something like this happens to you, enjoy your car
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 16:17   #4654
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,415
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
rear passengers unintentionally nudge the roller down causing the windows to roll down. And Vina, I think you shouldn't worry unless something like this happens to you, enjoy your car

the other day I took my friend and his 4year old for a ride - the little man played around with everything (AC, heater, parking lights and even gear stick) and at one point opened the front window.

I thought I had closed it later, but guess he opened it a little (about 3/4mm) again - I found out today when rain drops started coming in.



I guess this is not something we can blame Ford for, some passengers will do mischief and it'll be a bigger trouble in your life if they stop doing such mischief.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:12   #4655
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi Guys,

I had a problem with the steering as mentioned in the below post:

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community

To give a recap - My figo's steering was feeling very light at speeds upto 40 kmph and i was able to rotate the steering upto 30 degrees without the car turning at all.

I took the car to Cauvery Ford where they drove the car and did an inspection. First they said that everybody wants a lighter steering so it should be ok but they would check anyways. I told them that the steering feels different from before and as such they need to resolve it.

The SA found that the Steering Rack Assembly had a leak and then they replaced it under warranty (My car is 4 months old). Now the steering is back to its original behaviour.

Just wanted to bring this to everybody's notice in case the same thing happens to fellow teambhpians.
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 21:52   #4656
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
I had a problem with the steering as mentioned in the below post:

The SA found that the Steering Rack Assembly had a leak and then they replaced it under warranty (My car is 4 months old). Now the steering is back to its original behaviour.
Thanks for letting us know achilles101. But I see your car is only 4 months old and the steering rack assembly already had a leak. Did the SA give you any reason as to how or why this could have happened?
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 11:41   #4657
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,415
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have noticed something related to starting the TDCi

When I start the car every morning/evening, I put the key in ignition, wait for a few seconds (put on seat belt, adjust the seat position etc.) and then crank the engine - it starts instantly (0.5-1second)

On the other hand on a traffic stop after a long time, or if the car stalls (any reason - sometime on speedbrakers I forget it is 3rd not 1st that is engaged, or sometimes I have to save a biker's ***) and then I start - it takes 2-3 seconds of cranking.

Why would there be a difference in start times? I don't think it has anything to do with turbo, but is the fuel pump involved?

PS: I don't think there is any problem with the car, this is just a curiosity question

Last edited by vina : 29th June 2011 at 11:42.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 13:41   #4658
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I too have faced similar issues many times, when I started driving Figo 15 months back. I was not getting used to the TDCi way after driving petrol for 6+ years ! You try cranking like you do a petrol car in traffic signal, it will take 2 -3 times. Need to be a bit patient, turn the key half way and give few seconds for the engine start up indicator to show it is ready and then you start ! Of course, a lot of honking will happen from behind while you do this !
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 13:46   #4659
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I have noticed something related to starting the TDCi

When I start the car every morning/evening, I put the key in ignition, wait for a few seconds (put on seat belt, adjust the seat position etc.) and then crank the engine - it starts instantly (0.5-1second)

On the other hand on a traffic stop after a long time, or if the car stalls (any reason - sometime on speedbrakers I forget it is 3rd not 1st that is engaged, or sometimes I have to save a biker's ***) and then I start - it takes 2-3 seconds of cranking.

Why would there be a difference in start times? I don't think it has anything to do with turbo, but is the fuel pump involved?

PS: I don't think there is any problem with the car, this is just a curiosity question

I observed that car takes longer to crank when I am low on fuel. If the fuel is too low DTE < 60 the car even jerks a lot before starting. This is in spite of waiting for all the chimes to complete.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 14:04   #4660
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I am not that active on my favorite Figo thread for a long time :-(. My TDCi Titanium is now 15 months old doing great, but I have started having some strange problems with Bluetooth of late. The connection gets established, I can see it in the display, I even get the ring in speaker for an incoming call. But when I pick up the call by pressing the button, the voice of the caller is not heard on speaker and I have to pick up the phone and speak. Anyone has faced this ? Occasionally, it has worked fine but most of the time, I am facing this issue. I tried deleting the connection and pairing again, but the issue remains.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 14:10   #4661
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I am not that active on my favorite Figo thread for a long time :-(. My TDCi Titanium is now 15 months old doing great, but I have started having some strange problems with Bluetooth of late. The connection gets established, I can see it in the display, I even get the ring in speaker for an incoming call. But when I pick up the call by pressing the button, the voice of the caller is not heard on speaker and I have to pick up the phone and speak. Anyone has faced this ? Occasionally, it has worked fine but most of the time, I am facing this issue. I tried deleting the connection and pairing again, but the issue remains.

Yeah I face this issue, sometimes the music starts by its own. Sometimes the phone just hangs on an incoming call. Sometimes the music connection goes bad. I just learnt to ignore them!! Sigh!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 19:01   #4662
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

There are some issues with Bluetooth versions and some specific phones. Ford has updated their Audio System software in their latest vehicles. I think SC can help on this if they understand properly the problem.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 19:07   #4663
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,628
Thanked: 3,820 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The 6 speed intermittent wiper is brilliant in its operation. Just the right interval you ever need. Happy with the blades too.

@RGK - Hope they can up-date the existing music system & make it compatible.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 19:47   #4664
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,415
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The 6 speed intermittent wiper is brilliant in its operation. Just the right interval you ever need. Happy with the blades too.

@RGK - Hope they can up-date the existing music system & make it compatible.

Actually for very light drizzles I find even the slowest setting too fast - best is the adjustable speed (second setting I think) - You can take the wiper to the second setting, let it wipe once, bring it back to neutral setting, wait and then put it to second setting.

It will wipe with time lag equal to the time you had the wiper in neutral setting in between.

The whole thing is in the manual too.


This is the best I have used so far - just use the wiper to clean the glass once, put it off immediately, use it again once there is enough water again and then leave the wiper control there - it wipes at just the right speed on its own.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 22:05   #4665
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

figo owners be warned, Incase of any minor accidents the A.S.S will charge you an insane sum of money to fix your car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...o-my-figo.html (Biker Crashes into my Figo)
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks