Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 14:16   #4936
BHPian
 
AmarPaithankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 126
Thanked: 344 Times
Angry re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have booked a Figo ZXI diesel much before the 2o th of July (all cash payment) and the Planet Ford (Paud road) sales girl caled me up a while ago informing me about the deletions (Electric ORVM, rear wiper, etc) as well as a Rs. 4000/- hike.

I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price. I had also got a confirmation from the sales girl while making the payment that, if in case the price goes up, I will not have to bear it. She had agreed to this.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

this also may be the reason for the slow rate of deliveries.
AmarPaithankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 14:54   #4937
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Price of Figo has gone up and many features have been stipped down. Zxi has lost its electric mirrors, defoggers and rear wipers. Similarly, Exi loses the music system. Confirmed from dealers and sources within Ford.
oh god! This is really bad. The zxi was a steal with these features. In fact i went a year back to by the zxi and landed up with the titanium because of the airbags and ABS (wife demanded it). Wonder why ford is doing this?
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:00   #4938
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

All I can say is that the VFM tag might not fit the Figo anymore. Zxi was ultimate VFM version in Figo range.

I think the success of the Figo has got into their heads. Will have to wait now till every one look away from the Figo.

Another thought here, Is this a tactic to make the Fiesta Classic a more tempting buy ?
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:06   #4939
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

Another thought here, Is this a tactic to make the Fiesta Classic a more tempting buy ?
I don't think so, sedans and HBs may have some overlapping market but they have their own share. A person looking for Figo P ZXi would not look to stretch to get Fiesta IMO.

In any case, trimming down the features is idiocy. Discontinue that model or increase the price. I reckon there are not many difference between Exi and Zxi now. And by how much did the prices increase? Did they cite any reasons?

And BTW how much would the facelift cost now? Looks like some confused soul made it to Ford's top management
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:10   #4940
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I have booked a Figo ZXI diesel much before the 2o th of July (all cash payment) and the Planet Ford (Paud road) sales girl caled me up a while ago informing me about the deletions (Electric ORVM, rear wiper, etc) as well as a Rs. 4000/- hike.

I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price. I had also got a confirmation from the sales girl while making the payment that, if in case the price goes up, I will not have to bear it. She had agreed to this.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

this also may be the reason for the slow rate of deliveries.
Did they allot the car to you after payment, if so then you actually can get the car you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
oh god! This is really bad. The zxi was a steal with these features. In fact i went a year back to by the zxi and landed up with the titanium because of the airbags and ABS (wife demanded it). Wonder why ford is doing this?
Yes due to increase in prices they are taking away these features, which according to me is a brash move. Cost cutting through taking away key features that make Zxi hot selling model might bite their backs soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
All I can say is that the VFM tag might not fit the Figo anymore. Zxi was ultimate VFM version in Figo range.

I think the success of the Figo has got into their heads. Will have to wait now till every one look away from the Figo.

Another thought here, Is this a tactic to make the Fiesta Classic a more tempting buy ?
VFM tag IMO is hanging by the thread called boot space and rear seat comfort. Hope they don't take the BT feature

Only difference between Lxi and Exi would be the wing mirror and steel caps for the wheels
EXi and ZXi is the music system with BT and body colored handles and mirrors.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:10   #4941
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 918
Thanked: 173 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I have booked a Figo ZXI diesel much before the 2o th of July (all cash payment) and the Planet Ford (Paud road) sales girl caled me up a while ago informing me about the deletions (Electric ORVM, rear wiper, etc) as well as a Rs. 4000/- hike.

I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price. I had also got a confirmation from the sales girl while making the payment that, if in case the price goes up, I will not have to bear it. She had agreed to this.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

this also may be the reason for the slow rate of deliveries.
Any clue from what date the price rise is effective ? I booked my 1.4 Titanium on 15 July 2011. Till now I have not received any intimation from the dealer.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:12   #4942
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 194 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

this also may be the reason for the slow rate of deliveries.
I think you need to get in touch with somebody higher up in Ford. Maybe put a query on their facebook page. How come you pay up the whole amount even before the car is in sight? Can you cancel?
Ford Figo's dream run is likely to get over with the Liva diesel and the new Swift coming in. Already sales are stabilising to the 5000 level. Tactics like this will only make it worse.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:12   #4943
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Any clue from what date the price rise is effective ? I booked my 1.4 Titanium on 15 July 2011. Till now I have not received any intimation from the dealer.
With Immediate effect, my cousin got his car allotted but he had to pay 13 k more because of TN VAT hike from12.5% to 14.5%. Luckily he got the car alloted earlier with the Zxi features.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:44   #4944
BHPian
 
AmarPaithankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 126
Thanked: 344 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I made the payment before the 20th of July. They did not allot any car as none was in stock. To get a quicker delivery, I upgraded from the EXI to ZXI and also gave them an option in colour, either Chill or silver.

[quote=scorpio07;2444279]Did they allot the car to you after payment, if so then you actually can get the car you wanted.
AmarPaithankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:48   #4945
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I don't think so, sedans and HBs may have some overlapping market but they have their own share. A person looking for Figo P ZXi would not look to stretch to get Fiesta IMO.
This cannot be held true for the Diesel Fiesta and the Figo zXI. In kerala the difference between them just 1L on road.

My friend who wanted a hatch decided on the Figo and then when he reached the showroom fell for the sweet talking salesman who suggested Fiesta classic as a figo with a boot . He bought a Fiesta Diesel for 6.7OTR (figo Zxi was 5.67OTR with the price hike it will be 5.8L OTR) just a difference of 90K. Diesel Titanium is 6.2L OTR and Top version Diesel Fiesta classic is 7.18 OTR(1L difference)

With the cuts in the accessories in the figo the fiesta option is more tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
VFM tag IMO is hanging by the thread called boot space and rear seat comfort. Hope they don't take the BT feature
As far as I understand they have not taken the BT feature out. The BT audio cost 17K if I am not wrong. But the price difference is not justified anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Only difference between Lxi and Exi would be the wing mirror and steel caps for the wheels
EXi and ZXi is the music system with BT and body colored handles and mirrors.
I would say for anyone choosing the non ABS versions(Zxi or Exi)) buy Lxi and add the rest as after market options or even ford spares on a I need it basis. That would be a lot more cheaper than buying the top version.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:58   #4946
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 918
Thanked: 173 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
With Immediate effect, my cousin got his car allotted but he had to pay 13 k more because of TN VAT hike from12.5% to 14.5%. Luckily he got the car alloted earlier with the Zxi features.
Thanks Scorpio, just a clarification will this TN VAT hike impact the Bangalore prices or is it local to TN?
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 16:01   #4947
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Thanks Scorpio, just a clarification will this TN VAT hike impact the Bangalore prices or is it local to TN?
My bad dude, TN refers to Tamil Nadu, i think a similar hike happened in Karnataka earlier.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 18:36   #4948
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 681
Thanked: 346 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Today, ran the car for the first time in test mode and made some observations regarding coolant/engine temperature.

The first start of the day at around 5 in the evening: 36 C

Temperature reaches to around 83-85 C with A/C on within 3 mins and hovers around there while driving.

If standing at traffic lights with A/C on temp reaches 88 C, then reduces to normal range of 83-85 C upon driving again.

But what worries me is that w/o A/C, during crawling traffic for a minute and then stopping for 3 mins after that, temp reaches 96 C. I open the hood and find that the radiator fan isn't working. After that I switch off the engine. Is this high temp normal? The high temperature warning lamp doesn't glow during this hit to 96 C. Although I believe that this indeed is quite high.

Suggestions are welcome.
96 is actually optimum. If you had the good old temp gauge in your car, the needle would be hanging bang on the middle, which is where it should be.

Don't worry at all. The engine does heat up when it makes those explosions in the 4 cylinders. The fan would spin only if the temperature shoots way above 100, to bring it back to normal.

If the engine is too cool, the lube doesn't do its job well. If you've seen the Mobil 1 tvc, you'll see that the German guy is talking about oil performance in the EU winter.

Relax and enjoy your ride, its time to worry, when you actually see steam bellowing out of the hood. And you'll be shocked to see the engine still runs well even at that stage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
This cannot be held true for the Diesel Fiesta and the Figo zXI. In kerala the difference between them just 1L on road.

My friend who wanted a hatch decided on the Figo and then when he reached the showroom fell for the sweet talking salesman who suggested Fiesta classic as a figo with a boot . He bought a Fiesta Diesel for 6.7OTR (figo Zxi was 5.67OTR with the price hike it will be 5.8L OTR) just a difference of 90K. Diesel Titanium is 6.2L OTR and Top version Diesel Fiesta classic is 7.18 OTR(1L difference)

With the cuts in the accessories in the figo the fiesta option is more tempting.
IMHO, INR 1,00,000/- is not a figure that most Indians will prefix with a "just". That is a significant difference. Similar difference exists in the pricing of the Vista & Manza, Swift & Dzire etc.

The fact is, mostly due to our conditions, we find the Hatches more practical for day to day use in city. One can always save those 1L and spend them on diesel for many months to come!

Feature cut on ZXi - terrible. (Same that Tata did with the Vista Aqua trim 6 months back.) Till now in Pune, for the Figo TDCi, ZXi is the one most seen on roads. Looks like Ford want to sell more Titanium.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th July 2011 at 18:47.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 18:50   #4949
BHPian
 
whitelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kolhapur
Posts: 202
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I booked Figo D ZXI in Kolhapur on 03 Jun 2011 but local dealer was delivering car even after @ 50 days. Escalated matter to Ford cust care and they suggested that I can Cancel Booking if I want . I contacted Talera Ford Pune and the SR said car is in stock If I want it pay and get delivery. I went Pune on 21 Jul paid full amount in Morning and car was delivered in the evening at 6 PM.

While giving delivery the SR told us that You are very lucky since Ford has cut features like Electric ORVM, Rear wiper, washer, BT etc. etc. and price is hiked by 4K.

I am really surprised and felt that its a wrong decision at wrong time. The equation which was making Figo competitive to swift has now changed drastically. I feel that its going to affect Figo sales very badly. I agree New Swift will be costlier by 30K to 40K but Ford should not have taken move to cut down the features. People could have digested price hike but cutting down features is going to have great Impact.

I think Ford might be trying to pullout from HB market as the HB customer is pain to handle and profit margins are also low. They may concentrate on Sedan market which is more profitable with less pains.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:49   #4950
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 509
Thanked: 301 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and also a proud owner of a 11 month old Figo TDCI titanium. I am facing an issue with car from the day one. From about the time i had completed the first service i am hearing a small sound from the driver suspension/steering column area. It is more like a rumbling or it is like something is loose. When i fall into ditches with sharp edges theres a loud thud too from the front suspension. I gave the car for check ups at kairali ford Cochin and they couldn't find anything wrong with car. I though it it was in my head and tried to live with it. As time went by the noise stared increasing and now there's a very distinct sound from the same area when you drive through uneven roads and i tried taking the car to the SC and they still cannot find whats wrong with the car. They tried changing the connecting rods and the usual stuff and still the noise remains. Have anyone else faced this same issue and got it sorted? Please help.
Did you get the brake calipers checked. My car used to make a similar sound, something like a rattling metal sound, while going over a rough patch. It was found to be loose brake caliper assembly. It was tightened at the A.S.S. and the sound has reduced considerably.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks