Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th August 2011, 23:34   #5071
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thank you for all the comments.

The fog lamps were the only freebie I got with the car. In addition to this, I had to bear the price hike even though my ZXI was from the older lot, the only saving grace being the rear wiper and electrically adjustable ORVMs.

immediately after taking delivery, the first change I made was to change headlamp bulbs to 100 / 90 Watt Hella halogens along with a cut-out also by Hella. I still find the beam not to be very effective.

On our drive to Mumbai last Sunday, I also noticed some water vapour inside the headlamp lens. If this occurs, the headlamp unit is not sealed properly and needs th be replaced.

My car doesnot come with tilt steering: a feature I would have appreaciated.

No variant of Ford Figo diesel comes with the DuraTorq badge and is exclusive to my Figo because I have added it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Hi Amar

Congrats on the car. It looks very neat with the alloys. It is a very good car and I am sure you are going to have fun with it.

- is there any other new/improved features in your car? Is the headlamp better than the old figos? Tilt steering?

- i see fogs on your car. Did you buy them? Did not see them in your freebie list.

- from when did a duratorq badge become a freebie....
AmarPaithankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 15:35   #5072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba
My friend had told me about OSRAM Nightbreaker "PLUS" for Punto which is effective. However a fellow tbpian skyline GTR (a figo owner) said that OSRAM nightbreakers were no good. I think nightbreaker plus is better than the nightbreakers.
I updated mine to Osram. Not sure if it is plus or not...but it is the 90/100w. Makes a world of a difference. Now i need to update the fogs but am skeptical of the stock ones. Wonder if they could get updated too.
rohing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 19:20   #5073
BHPian

For couple of months I was having problem with the Bluetooth. The ring is heard in the speakers but when I pick up the call by pressing the button, the voice is not coming through the speakers, it still remains in the phone. Tried deleting the connection pairing again few times, same result. Finally went to Lathangi Ford, Bangalore last week, they too tried the same things that I tried. Finally, they decided to send it for warranty repair. It is a week now and haven't heard from them yet. Anyone had similar problem with Bluetooth ?
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 18:54   #5074
Distinguished - BHPian

My parcel tray is rattling up a bit. Faint noise when revs are low and I drive over crevices or sharp undulations.

Had happened earlier, but it cured itself. Back again! And rattling a wee bit more.

Any suggestions?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 00:26   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
For couple of months I was having problem with the Bluetooth. The ring is heard in the speakers but when I pick up the call by pressing the button, the voice is not coming through the speakers, it still remains in the phone. Tried deleting the connection pairing again few times, same result. Finally went to Lathangi Ford, Bangalore last week, they too tried the same things that I tried. Finally, they decided to send it for warranty repair. It is a week now and haven't heard from them yet. Anyone had similar problem with Bluetooth ?
My N72 has a pairing problem with the Figo Bluetooth, while my Sony Erricsson works fine. Started having this problem few months back; it just doesnt recognise the phone. Planning to have this checked out during my 20K service.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 02:57   #5076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My parcel tray is rattling up a bit. Faint noise when revs are low and I drive over crevices or sharp undulations.

Had happened earlier, but it cured itself. Back again! And rattling a wee bit more.

Any suggestions?
how did you nail parcel tray out? and how is the noise? Parcel tray has got nothing that produces noise on vibration. So i am wondering. Let me know how the sounds are!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 03:53   #5077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
... first change I made was to change headlamp bulbs to 100 / 90 Watt Hella halogens along with a cut-out also by Hella. ...
.... I also noticed some water vapour inside the headlamp lens. If this occurs, the headlamp unit is not sealed properly...
Hi,

How did you install the relay?. Isnt the Figo's HL Assembly sealed one? If so, I guess the water vapor gets in through the hole made for the relay wiring. I guess that would also create problems with warranty.

Let me know.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 12:42   #5078
BHPian

Yesterday I found a minor inconvenience but was bit embarrassing one.

I have programmed FOB so that only Driver side door unlocks with single click and all with double click. Yesterday I started from office and midway saw some(3 persons) relatives walking. So I stopped, the engine was idling and lowered windows. I asked whether they want lift they agreed and since car was in mid traffic all three went to three doors to quickly hop in. They could not open door immediately since all of them were locked and I have to lean here and there to reach at unlock levers of each door and get them in. There was lot of honking going on from behind and could not dare to even look at the annoyed/angry faces of those who have suffered.

After reaching home I decided to experiment and my observations are as Follows.

A> FOB programmed to unlock all the door.
If car is locked and if Driver side Door is unlocked all doors get unlocked. No issues at all. When engine is Idling if Boot Unlock button on dash is pressed nothing happens but if Driver Door is Unlocked boot button unlocks Boot Door.

B> FOB programmed to Unlock Driver Door only.
If car is Locked and if Driver Door is Unlocked only Driver Door unlocks. All remaining door remain locked. If engine is idling or key is in slot then pressing unlock button twice wont unlock remaining doors. If engine is off and key is out of slot pressing unlock twice wont unlock other doors. One has to get out of car lock car then pressing twice unlocks all door.

So Figoians please guide me how to unlock all the doors in B situation when engine is idling or key is in slot. I stand corrected if some of the observations are wrong since I did the experiment quite hurriedly after returning from office and was bit tired too.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 12:57   #5079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
how did you nail parcel tray out? and how is the noise? Parcel tray has got nothing that produces noise on vibration. So i am wondering. Let me know how the sounds are!
Someone sitting at the back pointed this out.

It isn't exactly rattle, but something between a hum & a bit of muted (heavy) rattle. Hope haven't confused you

Its somewhere at the back, if not the parcel-tray. I am yet to use parcel-tray as I hate objects, blocking the rear-view.
Old 21st August 2011, 17:11   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Someone sitting at the back pointed this out.

It isn't exactly rattle, but something between a hum & a bit of muted (heavy) rattle. Hope haven't confused you

Its somewhere at the back, if not the parcel-tray. I am yet to use parcel-tray as I hate objects, blocking the rear-view.
Oh, then the following are the probabilities:

1) hatch door could be vibrating.

2) something of the spare wheel assembly

3) seat belts!

I could think of only these with my experience.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 21:51   #5081
Senior - BHPian

@Sheel, you could also try moving the front seats back and forth, and relock them in position.

A week long rattle in my Scorpio was traced to the simple reason of an improperly secured release lever of the front left seat, which, in hindsight, was the result of my friend trying to move the seat around and not securing the release lever properly back in position !
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 22:34   #5082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Oh, then the following are the probabilities:

1) hatch door could be vibrating.

2) something of the spare wheel assembly

3) seat belts!

I could think of only these with my experience.
Hmmm, thats some list. Thanks

Hatch door makes vibey noise once in a blue moon. Any suggestions for it to cure?

Shall check out the spare wheel assembly

My rear seat belts are under the seat as rear seat occupancy is negative.

Thanks Mooza
The front seats are doing fine. They aren't the culprit.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:26   #5083
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post

I have seen this issue occasionally, like 2 calls per month out of some 30-35 calls. This happens, when the bluetooth connectivity [Audio device ] disconnects and reconnects in steady state (which happens every few 10 mins cycle on some days)

Now the pairing is in "phone connected", but audio device disconnected state and then I receive a call. Usually a few seconds after the call is answered, the "audio device" reconnects and the audio is re-routed back to car speakers.

I have tried upgrading my Nokia s/w which is non-symbian phone. Right now I am not sure its a problem with Ford music system. But it does happen when "phone device" is connected and "audio device" is not connected or got disconnected before the call.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:20   #5084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
A> FOB programmed to unlock all the door.
If car is locked and if Driver side Door is unlocked all doors get unlocked. No issues at all. When engine is Idling if Boot Unlock button on dash is pressed nothing happens but if Driver Door is Unlocked boot button unlocks Boot Door.
In my case, the above is FALSE. Everyday, I open the boot for security check while the engine is still idling. i am still using the default factory programming.
scanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:52   #5085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
In my case, the above is FALSE. Everyday, I open the boot for security check while the engine is still idling. i am still using the default factory programming.
Today I have changed the setting to Default. In the evening I will check it.
Thanks for info.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote