Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 00:38   #5581
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530
@Mustang a 1cm cut should not be a prob. It is equivalent to a stud breaking off. How did you notice it in the first place?
Also is the expected tilt steering expected to be retrofitted in older models?
I noticed it today morning only while just admiring my car, lol.

The tilt steering can be retro fitted on older models also but the question will be whether it will be cost effective or not. I think it will be.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 01:13   #5582
BHPian
 
EagleEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 266 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I noticed it today morning only while just admiring my car, lol.

The tilt steering can be retro fitted on older models also but the question will be whether it will be cost effective or not. I think it will be.
If this is the case then the rates in second hand markets won't be affected much. The other two, USB and alloys can easily be installed and most people already have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Just wish the tilt steering could be fitted on old figo without complexities and at a marginal cost.
This additions are going to reduce the price of second hand figos in the market.
@Mustang: Your killing an eagle is really bizarre is a one-in-a-million sort of thing.
Can you tell me if the Figo gives higher mileage with AC at lowest bluest setting or keeping the blue-red knob somewhere in between?
I have driven 3200 on my diesel and have never been able to get anything above 15.. :(
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:18   #5583
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye

@Mustang: Your killing an eagle is really bizarre is a one-in-a-million sort of thing.
Can you tell me if the Figo gives higher mileage with AC at lowest bluest setting or keeping the blue-red knob somewhere in between?
I have driven 3200 on my diesel and have never been able to get anything above 15.. :(
Yes true. Even i was shocked.

Mileage is independent of that knob's position. Keep it anywhere you want, the mileage will remain the same.

Change gears at 2300 rpm and try to drive at 1800-2000 rpm and use as less braking as possible by anticipating traffic in the front and you will surely get higher figures.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 05:35   #5584
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 626
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The tilt steering can be retro fitted on older models also but the question will be whether it will be cost effective or not. I think it will be.
So there comes the *official* confirmation about the facelift.
What about power windows at the back? Any other addons?

Thanks,
Akshay
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:19   #5585
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 260
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

One of the headlights on my figo has stopped working. I am at 32k and around 1 year 5 months of ownership. Don't know if anybody else has faced this problem. The dim works. Have to go and get it checked at ***. The car is doing fine otherways and returning around 16-17 kmpl in tvm city drives and is a pleasure to drive as always. The rattles which were there seems to have subsided after the 30K service.
vishnurp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:05   #5586
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@Eagleeye- Figo is very sensitive to throttle changes. I used to get about 16-17 on aggressive driving. Now I get ~21. I still drive 50% at 120-140 and 50% 80-100 with 30% city and 70% highway. But I accelerate smoother and brake very gently.
My only concern is whether the fuel efficiency is better at 60 kmh at 4thgear@2000rpm or at 5thgear@1600rpm. This is pre and post turbo boost.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:51   #5587
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Is there any technical limitation to provide rear power windows?
Sorry, if the same is discussed earlier.. please point me to relevant page. Thanks.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:55   #5588
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Is there any technical limitation to provide rear power windows?
Sorry, if the same is discussed earlier.. please point me to relevant page. Thanks.
There is no technical limitation, it is just not provided. Ford however claims that power windows might get damaged as people might keep pressing the button thinking the glass would roll down more, but that is ridiculous.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:58   #5589
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99
One of the headlights on my figo has stopped working. I am at 32k and around 1 year 5 months of ownership. Don't know if anybody else has faced this problem. The dim works. Have to go and get it checked at ***. The car is doing fine otherways and returning around 16-17 kmpl in tvm city drives and is a pleasure to drive as always. The rattles which were there seems to have subsided after the 30K service.
Dont worry its just a fused bulb or a fuse may have tripped. You must have got spare headlamp bulbs and fuses along with the car. Its a quick DIY fix or if you dont feel confident then take it to the service center, its a 2 min job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380
So there comes the *official* confirmation about the facelift.
What about power windows at the back? Any other addons?

Thanks,
Akshay

I actually have no idea about he facelift. The work was done in chennai only and i just happened to catch a glimpse of the updated car about 4 months back when i was in chennai. I guess we will just have to wait for 5 more days. I had stated about the tilt steering earlier because the steering rack is the same as the fiesta and hence retro fitting will not be an issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

There is no technical limitation, it is just not provided. Ford however claims that power windows might get damaged as people might keep pressing the button thinking the glass would roll down more, but that is ridiculous.
Of course there is no technical limitation. But i would like to know who at ford said this lol. The real reason was cost cutting and also the fact that when windows only roll down halfway then people wont get too iffy about rolling windows with their hands and wont miss the power windows that much.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 2nd November 2011 at 13:05.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:24   #5590
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post




Of course there is no technical limitation. But i would like to know who at ford said this lol. The real reason was cost cutting and also the fact that when windows only roll down halfway then people wont get too iffy about rolling windows with their hands and wont miss the power windows that much.
It is actually the MD, LOL

"
Rear power windows for Figo
Some of our Figo customers have suggested that we introduce rear power windows.
The rear windows are rather large in the Figo, and it is difficult to make such a large glass window go fully inside unless it is a long 3 box sedan. If you have a small window like in some of the others in the segment, they go inside – but we are largest in segment and best in class with space. Ultimately it’s the outside view for the rear seat passenger that matters.
For this, we have deliberately not introduced rear power windows for the Figo. Pressing the power keys beyond the rear windows’ maximum level (at the lowest) could harm the device. Comparing the user benefit vis-à-vis potential damage and repairing requirements, we took the call to not introduce this feature in the Ford Figo."


Source:



Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:12   #5591
BHPian
 
EagleEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 266 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Eagleeye- Figo is very sensitive to throttle changes. I used to get about 16-17 on aggressive driving. Now I get ~21. I still drive 50% at 120-140 and 50% 80-100 with 30% city and 70% highway. But I accelerate smoother and brake very gently.
My only concern is whether the fuel efficiency is better at 60 kmh at 4thgear@2000rpm or at 5thgear@1600rpm. This is pre and post turbo boost.
I would be very happy to get 16-17 in aggressive driving, that's all I want.
Could there be any inherent problem in my Figo because of which I am getting low mileage? (Clogged filters etc?)
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:17   #5592
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I would be very happy to get 16-17 in aggressive driving, that's all I want.
Could there be any inherent problem in my Figo because of which I am getting low mileage? (Clogged filters etc?)
You did not mention your driving pattern, a/c usage, fuel used, current mileage etc.

While I do get good mileage of (17-21) from my figo, I occasionally get mileage as low as 15 kmpl for highway+city runs which means fuel quality and congestion at city does not help the cause.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:26   #5593
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I would be very happy to get 16-17 in aggressive driving, that's all I want.
Could there be any inherent problem in my Figo because of which I am getting low mileage? (Clogged filters etc?)
Before suspecting the car you need to compare the figures with someone who drives the same route as yours and drives at about the same (peak/non-peak) hours as you do regularly.
Whitelion's mileage figures are more impressive .. but then how many of us can manage driving at such hours.
scanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:00   #5594
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Rear power windows, USB and tilt steering enhancements would make Figo a complete car.
Would be happy if ABS can be retro fitted. When enquired in SC, since it includes ECM and other changes, it is not that easy.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:37   #5595
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Mileage purely depends on driving style. Sudden acceleration and de-accleration leads to more consumption of fuel. I do a sedate driving inside the city and I get between 16-17.

Last edited by RGK : 2nd November 2011 at 16:41. Reason: Duplicate post
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:43.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks