Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 11:21   #6091
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 51
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

In my case, it was with my wife and my kid.
SushantV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 15:38   #6092
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
If I may ask, was your car loaded with more than 1 person at the rear during those journeys?
As Akshay380 has replied,My car was loaded with 5 people through the streets of chennai , 4people with a lot of luggage in bangalore , didnt seem to scratch any of the speed breakers especially in Sarjapur and Marathahalli. Did come across broken down patches of roads and huge speed humps but all went well. Speed was at 10-15km and as mentioned earlier tyre pressure was at 30 psi all around.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 15:50   #6093
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 1,133 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
As Akshay380 has replied,My car was loaded with 5 people through the streets of chennai , 4people with a lot of luggage in bangalore , didnt seem to scratch any of the speed breakers especially in Sarjapur and Marathahalli. Did come across broken down patches of roads and huge speed humps but all went well. Speed was at 10-15km and as mentioned earlier tyre pressure was at 30 psi all around.
With 4-5 people on board + luggage, you should have tyres inflated to 36 (front) and 41 (rear) according to the user manual. You were driving with underinflated tyres - which is generally not a very good idea.

BUT, I am heartened to see that you, just like me, did not have any underbody scraping issues. I have had my Figo for just under 2 years now. Haven't scraped the bottom anywhere, as long as I drove sensibly.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 15:57   #6094
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
With 4-5 people on board + luggage, you should have tyres inflated to 36 (front) and 41 (rear) according to the user manual. You were driving with underinflated tyres - which is generally not a very good idea.

BUT, I am heartened to see that you, just like me, did not have any underbody scraping issues. I have had my Figo for just under 2 years now. Haven't scraped the bottom anywhere, as long as I drove sensibly.
Your Right above increasing the Tyre pressure,but on an average, 7 times out of 10, there are only 2-3 people in the car,so its kind of weird to keep changing the tyre pressure just for those odd trips. For example,Roadtrip from chennai to bangalore had only 2 people in the car with some luggage. Once in Bangalore,few friends joined in and the car was packed. So i couldnt increase the tyre pressure just for that outing
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 22:07   #6095
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

^^ Thanks for all your inputs. Just back from a test drive of a latest Figo (petrol version though as diesel td vehicles were older) with 5 people on board testing through some real bad roads and speed breakers and the vehicle did very well. There were a couple of places where it scraped the bottom but majority of the cars would do scrape as well. Gear shift was not smooth perhaps due to it being a TD car. Did not like the aircon controls but consider the pricing, it is ok.

The basic accessories include mud flaps, boots mats, 3M paint protection free and the vehicle is available for delivery. TDCI Titanium is Rs. 6.93L on road in Chennai (cheaper than Vista ZX & Liva GD SP) and with alloys standard, makes it a real VFM proposition. The vehicle is available in max 15 days.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 22:14   #6096
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@sushantV: Rather than drill holes in the bumper, I've stuck a white vinyl to the bumper in the shape of a number plate with the numbers on it. More than 1 year down the line it is still as it was when installed.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 22:27   #6097
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,121
Thanked: 16,633 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Ford has launched a special Titanium Plus accessory pack for the Figo, priced at Rs. 15,990/-. This includes cost of installation at the dealership.


Details -

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled.gif


If you book it/buy it online, you will get 15% discount plus get 50% off on an exclusive 3M Interior Treatment Package.


An official video from Ford with details of the same:-




Fill this form at Ford India's website to get them, if you want the pack -

Ford India Private Limited - Figo Accessories Offer


Optionally, you can contact your nearest dealership for the same.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:09   #6098
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 51
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@sushantV: Rather than drill holes in the bumper, I've stuck a white vinyl to the bumper in the shape of a number plate with the numbers on it. More than 1 year down the line it is still as it was when installed.
Hey, would you be able to post a pic ? This sounds like a good idea.
SushantV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:29   #6099
BHPian
 
TheDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi,

Checked with a Service Manager at Cauvery Ford and according to the information available with the showroom, there have been no changes done to increase the ground clearance. However on his insistance and reading how most others on the forum have had no issues with the GC, am taking another TD of the Figo.

Did not bother checking the GC before the last TD, as I was under the impression that TD vehicles usually are overinflated. Will check/ correct the air pressure before the TD tomorrow.

P.S: Am located in Bangalore, forgot to update.

Last edited by TheDoctor : 22nd February 2012 at 17:31.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:17   #6100
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Hi,

Checked with a Service Manager at Cauvery Ford and according to the information available with the showroom, there have been no changes done to increase the ground clearance. However on his insistance and reading how most others on the forum have had no issues with the GC, am taking another TD of the Figo.

Did not bother checking the GC before the last TD, as I was under the impression that TD vehicles usually are overinflated. Will check/ correct the air pressure before the TD tomorrow.

P.S: Am located in Bangalore, forgot to update.
I don't think that there is any new change to the GC. It still stands 168 (unladen). However, from what I heard from the dealers in Chennai (two different dealers), there were some changes to the suspension which does not decrease the laden GC like earlier. Hope we get some official confirmation from Ford Motors, which I think is unlikely as it may lead to a lot of current figo owners queuing up for upgrade.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:22   #6101
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
^^ Thanks for all your inputs. Just back from a test drive of a latest Figo (petrol version though as diesel td vehicles were older) with 5 people on board testing through some real bad roads and speed breakers and the vehicle did very well. There were a couple of places where it scraped the bottom but majority of the cars would do scrape as well. Gear shift was not smooth perhaps due to it being a TD car. Did not like the aircon controls but consider the pricing, it is ok.

The basic accessories include mud flaps, boots mats, 3M paint protection free and the vehicle is available for delivery. TDCI Titanium is Rs. 6.93L on road in Chennai (cheaper than Vista ZX & Liva GD SP) and with alloys standard, makes it a real VFM proposition. The vehicle is available in max 15 days.
Sridhar K

I got my tdci titanium for 6.65L on road in Dec11, has the price increased so much? or was there such a hefty discount on Dec manufactured cars.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:53   #6102
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

^^. Sorry. I have not been following Figo prices at all until last week and hence unaware of the Dec discounts/recent price hike.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 00:24   #6103
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@ALL: Any idea if the chrome body side protection moulding is available with the dealerships separately i.e. outside of the Titanium Plus pack? If yes, at what price?

These look way better than the normal black ones.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 01:38   #6104
BHPian
 
raajks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BLR
Posts: 580
Thanked: 115 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Couple of changes to the 2012 Ford Figo ZXi & Titanium editions are
1) Tilt steering
2) The Audio system now has USB
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 11:12   #6105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanks for all your reviews, I own a Ford Figo Zxi Diesel Now.

The pro's and cons mentioned here enabled me to take a well informed decision.

I wont say that Figo is the best car available but I would certainly say that its the best one that I could one currently.
pushkark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:39.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks