Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th March 2012, 01:44   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

btw any idea what is the cancellation charges for Figo booking?

I saw this big AD of FORD on last page Time Of India Bangalore Edition today. It says Free Insurance! I just booked figo last month and yet to make payment other than 25K booking amount.I will be getting car anyways this month. So I guess i will call dealership tomorrow, cancel the booking and rebook the car if they are giving free insurance for March bookings! I mean why lose 16K, that is lot of money. Can get me neat alloys for car. Here is the link

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Img/Pg022.png
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 01:45   #6227
BHPian

A question to all Figo owners, does ur ac stink when u turn it on after a long break? Like you start in the morning? My ac stinks for say some 20 seconds as soon as I turn it on in the morning or after prolonged pause. It smells bad with the blower on, but when I turn the ac, the stink is gone. Any sollution?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 07:03   #6228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld
A question to all Figo owners, does ur ac stink when u turn it on after a long break? Like you start in the morning? My ac stinks for say some 20 seconds as soon as I turn it on in the morning or after prolonged pause. It smells bad with the blower on, but when I turn the ac, the stink is gone. Any sollution?
This problem is not specific to Figo. Smells like damp dust and mold. You can get the ac vents and ducts cleaned, at a 3M facility. The solution holds for a few months and smell returns after 3~4 months.
autocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 08:53   #6229
BHPian

The OEM bulbs in my car are from DELA. The same set of bulbs were there in our 2003 Indica too.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 09:44   #6230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

I saw this big AD of FORD on last page Time Of India Bangalore Edition today. It says Free Insurance! I just booked figo last month and yet to make payment other than 25K booking amount.I will be getting car anyways this month. So I guess i will call dealership tomorrow, cancel the booking and rebook the car if they are giving free insurance for March bookings! I mean why lose 16K, that is lot of money. Can get me neat alloys for car. Here is the link

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Img/Pg022.png
Did you book a petrol or diesel Figo? Even I had booked my Figo few days before the ad came in the new paper and called my dealer. He confirmed that the offer is only for petrol variants.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 10:03   #6231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Clean the cabin AC Filter and avoid using the Fresh air mode while driving. Try to always set the airflow to recirculate mode and let fresh air in only through the windows when needed. This worked for me.
Prass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 10:32   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Any car AC even a household AC smells a bit when running in blower mode. This is due to dust and fungi i believe. The solution is AC filter and duct cleaning. Since your car is too new, you need not require to carry on such type of cleaning. I suggest to bear with it and get it cleaned next year.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:54   #6233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Is the whole cluster the problem? How does cluster design improve illumination?
When I was considering to buy my Figo, I followed Figo Facebook fan page for 4 months and kept reading what hundreds of owners had posted regarding headlamp issues. I saw that no matter what bulb they fitted, they were never satisfied with visibility and kept complaining that there headlamp cluster was not correctly designed. I also noticed that newer Figo owners (after Sept'11) never complained about headlamp issues. Decide yourself what could have been wrong.

Quote:
I had cancelled my petrol Figo booking in Sept'11 from a dealer to buy it from another dealer. Cancellation charge = zero.

Quote:
A question to all Figo owners, does ur ac stink when u turn it on after a long break?
Like others advised, please keep AC in circulation mode only. Now you'll have to clean the AC filter. You can read the following thread on how to do it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html
DevilsCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 11:46   #6234
BHPian

I never keep the blower in fresh air mode in any of my cars. Right from day 1 it was only in recirculation mode.
I checked with some other cars and found the same issue. Checked it even on my friend's new gen A6 and surprisingly even that has the same issue with the smell.

@devilscry : Shall try out the DIY you listed. I like DIYs
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 12:09   #6235
BHPian

Quote:
I never keep the blower in fresh air mode in any of my cars. Right from day 1 it was only in recirculation mode.
I checked with some other cars and found the same issue. Checked it even on my friend's new gen A6 and surprisingly even that has the same issue with the smell.

Also check the water drain pipe from the evoporator coil for any block. A little water trapped may be the cause of this smell.
Prass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 13:32   #6236
Senior - BHPian

There is something that I would like to share & I believe this could help you since the issue is pretty recent.

Start your car & switch on the heater unit on max temperature, with blower on some medium speed with the vents closed. Roll up the windows & let the heater/car run for about 10 mins & then switch it off. I think you would need to have your spare key with you just in case the car locks itself.

We have been doing this with all our cars at least once a year, especially during monsoons & we have never required any sort of duct cleaning.

Try it out, there is no harm in it. I hope it would help you out.

Quote:

blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 13:53   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Angry re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Did you book a petrol or diesel Figo? Even I had booked my Figo few days before the ad came in the new paper and called my dealer. He confirmed that the offer is only for petrol variants.
Thanks supertinu. yeah i called dealer today morning eagerly to find that discount is only for Petrol Figo. Full night i was browsing to check which alloy to go for with extra 15K which i might get due to free insurance

Btw, any one has fitted Chrome exhaust tip for Figo? Looks like rear bumber is to be cut little bit to get exhaust tip fitted.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 14:23   #6238
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to get it installed but decided to keep this upgrade for later. In case, you decide to go ahead with it, please do share the details on what special was done to accommodate this thing.

Quote:
Thanks supertinu. yeah i called dealer today morning eagerly to find that discount is only for Petrol Figo. Full night i was browsing to check which alloy to go for with extra 15K which i might get due to free insurance

Btw, any one has fitted Chrome exhaust tip for Figo? Looks like rear bumber is to be cut little bit to get exhaust tip fitted.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 15:41   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
The OEM bulbs in my car are from DELA. The same set of bulbs were there in our 2003 Indica too.
The OEM bulbs in my car were HALONIX. After " the high illumination upgrade", it was changed to PHILLIPS. The spare bulbs provided are from DELA.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 15:43   #6240
BHPian

So the Installed bulbs are different from the pair of spare bulbs? Didn't notice that!