Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2012, 12:13   #6466
BHPian
 
offroad_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thane-Mumbai
Posts: 452
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
The tachometer has been removed from the EXI. All in all there seems to be a hike of 40-45K compared to EXI of 2010 if you consider the price of music system and 1K or 2K for tachometer.

Ford manual says "Keep RPM below 3K before first service" I am going to ask ford about this "how are you expecting us to know the RPM of engine in EXI and LXI version". Seriously stupid move by Ford to remove tachometer in EXI. I don't think one can get aftermarket tacho fitted since it might void warranty!
Removing even Tachometer is seriously bad move. Wonder what made them do that. IIRC, thee was a mentioned somewhere, that Ford Duratech engines does not require traditional running-in. Now that will be a really confusing for first time owners to rely only on sound.

Not sure what else are changed, as I feel Exi is more VFM for compared to extras it got than LXi.

Is the Dash also changed in EXi now? (I mean the chrome accent on A/C vents, door handles etc?)
offroad_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 13:00   #6467
BHPian
 
offroad_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thane-Mumbai
Posts: 452
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded

Is there any specific reason why you are looking at a petrol Figo? I drive a TDCi and had a chance to drive a petrol Figo for a week. I will just say I was not impressed with the power of the car. Add to that a mileage of around 10-11 in the city with AC.
If at all you make up your mind to go for a petrol hatch, take a look at the Etios Liva, or the Honda brio. I'm just suggesting these without knowing your exact needs though.

Cheers!
I am considering petrol car as my usage will be very limited. Should not cross more than 400 km a month. Also I have a limited budget of 4- 4.5 lakhs. So even the base model of TDCi will cross 5.4 on road.
Considering Figo amongst other due to its interior space, hydraulic steering, superb handling & stability as per review. Also it is mentioned that Figo has lower spare parts costs compared to Hyundai & Honda.
Yet to take the test drive to decide on ride quality & performance suitable as per my need.
offroad_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 13:27   #6468
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 627
Thanked: 361 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Considering Figo amongst other due to its interior space, hydraulic steering, superb handling & stability as per review
I brought my petrol Figo because of these plus good ride quality. Add to that interior space and build quality. My dads avg running is less then 400kms and also I knew petrol prices will be reduced in Goa soon.
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 13:37   #6469
BHPian
 
offroad_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thane-Mumbai
Posts: 452
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380
I brought my petrol Figo because of these plus good ride quality. Add to that interior space and build quality. My dads avg running is less then 400kms and also I knew petrol prices will be reduced in Goa soon.
You made a wise choice considering the usage & location. I guess now Goa will be hot weekend destination for Petrol cars.

Will bother you & DevilsCry in future if you don't mind. But that future is still unclear. What are the other points that needs to be looked after for Figos in general.
I am pretty worried about some threads mentioning poor paint quality, rusting & Lemon car in Lemon color etc.
offroad_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 14:27   #6470
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Dont be bothered too much. just get it done. i had it done by the after market horns went kaput, so i reverted back to the originals there was a little vibrations coming from the car when i used the horn, got it checked by the FORD, they did notice that i had after markets but they checked and rectified the problem in warrenty.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 09:42   #6471
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kerala
Posts: 83
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Dont be bothered too much. just get it done. i had it done by the after market horns went kaput, so i reverted back to the originals there was a little vibrations coming from the car when i used the horn, got it checked by the FORD, they did notice that i had after markets but they checked and rectified the problem in warrenty.
You are lucky that they did not void your warranty, its actually up to the service guys. They can report or choose not to report the matter and log it in their database.

But we have an advantage here, Ford do not have a central database system for service, so if you have lost your warranty @ one service agent, then you can revert back to original horn and try servicing at a new service station, that service team will not have a clue that service agent 1 had void your warranty.

Last edited by limited-edition : 11th April 2012 at 10:07.
limited-edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 10:20   #6472
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Are you sure about this? As per my knowledge, they do have a consolidated central repository that contains information from across service centers & dealers, just like Maruti.

I say this because during the recent purchase I had made, my Ford dealer was quick to tell me certain details about a friend's car that gets serviced at Bhagat Ford, Bathinda & I believe he did not get that information on phone, at least not in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
You are lucky that they did not void your warranty, its actually up to the service guys. They can report or choose not to report the matter and log it in their database.

But we have an advantage here, Ford do not have a central database system for service, so if you have lost your warranty @ one service agent, then you can revert back to original horn and try servicing at a new service station, that service team will not have a clue that service agent 1 had void your warranty.
@ALL: Guys, do any of you feel the fuel sploshing around in the tank while driving? It's a strange sound/feeling that arises even on the smallest of undulations on the road, or say when the car suddenly comes to a halt.
I am quite surprised because I never had this in my Alto or any other cars.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 11th April 2012 at 10:28.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 10:29   #6473
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kerala
Posts: 83
Thanked: 64 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Are you sure about this? As per my knowledge, they do have a consolidated central repository that contains information from across service centers & dealers, just like Maruti.

I say this because during the recent purchase I had made, my Ford dealer was quick to tell me certain details about a friend's car that gets serviced at Bhagat Ford, Bathinda & he did not get on the phone with anyone.
I did not ask any service agent, but I am quite sure that they do not have a central database. I will quote an incident that I had witnessed.

My friend has a fiesta which was bought in Calicut and maintained in Cochin. His 2nd service was done @ calicut, all the rest @ cochin itself. When he went for his 3rd service (cochin) they did ask if he had done his second service, he said he did it @ calicut, then they advised him that he must save the service receipt, at this time I asked the agent if he can't pull the receipt from his computer. He told me that they cannot access it, it will be calicut service center only.

They do have a central Database for vehicle owner details and all, they all can check our address phone number etc from this, but not service information I guess.
limited-edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 11:12   #6474
BHPian
 
neofromcapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 265
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

[/quote]@ALL: Guys, do any of you feel the fuel sploshing around in the tank while driving? It's a strange sound/feeling that arises even on the smallest of undulations on the road, or say when the car suddenly comes to a halt.
I am quite surprised because I never had this in my Alto or any other cars.[/quote]


This could be some water trapped in drains below the windscreen or thereabouts.
Do you park your car below a tree with small leaves?

They may have choked your the drains, please get it cleared immediately. If this not the cause of the noise, a fuel tank clean up MAY, the solution.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 11th April 2012 at 11:13. Reason: typo
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 11:33   #6475
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I actually park my car the exact same place as the earlier car & it is not under a tree. Moreover, the Figo is usually covered on most occasions when it is parked & not in use. So, I think I would rule out the possibility of any clogging, be it due to dust or leaves.

Any other areas that I could check?

@ALL: Is the Figo's fuel tank design different to that of other cars? What I am particularly interested in is if the other cars have some sort of divisions within the fuel tank to contain the movement of fuel inside it, while the Figo does not have any such provision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
This could be some water trapped in drains below the windscreen or thereabouts.
Do you park your car below a tree with small leaves?

They may have choked your the drains, please get it cleared immediately. If this not the cause of the noise, a fuel tank clean up MAY, the solution.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 11th April 2012 at 11:35.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 11:34   #6476
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey guys, by default Figo comes with a single horn which is not even good to get the dogs to move out of the way on our roads . Ford dealers were non-committal in upgrading it for me and told me that I can get it done outside without voiding electrical warranty as long as I dont get any wires cut.

When I went to get it upgraded outside, they found the horn connector to be quite a custom design and said cant upgrade without atleast removing the wire insulation. I have left it untouched for now due to warranty concerns. Any inputs or ideas on how to handle this? I dont think I can wait 3 yrs for warranty to get over to do this. I will go nuts by then.
Well, I have Aug 2010' model and the single dual tone horn I have is quite loud. The trick to fix a second horn is to give it a complete different wiring and switch since the original horn wiring cannot be used.
I have got it done in my car by fixing a seperate switch on the bottom of the headlamp knob and a relay and wiring which is not connected to the cars wiring at all. The horn is a Stebel Nautilius and works perfectly for highway use. I can upload pictures of the switch and horn location if you want to see how it is.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 12:12   #6477
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Well, I have Aug 2010' model and the single dual tone horn I have is quite loud. The trick to fix a second horn is to give it a complete different wiring and switch since the original horn wiring cannot be used.
I have got it done in my car by fixing a seperate switch on the bottom of the headlamp knob and a relay and wiring which is not connected to the cars wiring at all. The horn is a Stebel Nautilius and works perfectly for highway use. I can upload pictures of the switch and horn location if you want to see how it is.
That is an interesting idea Tharian, it will be great if you can share some pics if its not too much effort. Also let me know who did the wiring for you. Thanks in advance.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 14:21   #6478
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
That is an interesting idea Tharian, it will be great if you can share some pics if its not too much effort. Also let me know who did the wiring for you. Thanks in advance.
Here you go,

The frist one shows the location of the horn in the engine bay. It is right below the fan. I could not locate the relay.
The horn switch is a Honda Activa start button and it is fixed onto the cover that opens . You will need to get the cutting down by a guy who knows what he is doing or it will be a mess. It is a pretty simple job but if you are fixing dual horns , you will need to secure it well since mounting locations are not many in the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img258.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img259.jpg  

tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 17:07   #6479
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Here you go,

The frist one shows the location of the horn in the engine bay. It is right below the fan. I could not locate the relay.
The horn switch is a Honda Activa start button and it is fixed onto the cover that opens . You will need to get the cutting down by a guy who knows what he is doing or it will be a mess. It is a pretty simple job but if you are fixing dual horns , you will need to secure it well since mounting locations are not many in the engine bay.
thanks Tharian. I have a got a good idea now. I spoke to a service supervisor in ford dealership and he also kind of said (unofficially) that horn upgrade was acceptable modification if done cleanly and better to put 2nd set of good quality wires without messing with existing ones, that way wiring warranty does not go incase of any short ckt or burning.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 17:18   #6480
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Sorry no offence but this is a funny way of installing horns. this reminds of Punjab road ways buses.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:54.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks