Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 15:52   #6496
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 759
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

DTE is not a reliable method. I think the best way to calculate FE is tank full to tank full method. In this, you set the refueller to auto stop everytime you fill. This might not ensure that the tank is filled to the brims. But this is a datum which you know will not shift by shaking. So each time you fill you know the distance travelled from the last time you filled to the same level. Further it's simple maths
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 20:31   #6497
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabadi.
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

It's been 20k on the board and my Figo's at the service center getting rejuvenated.Apart from the regualr servicing I have come to know of a major suspension problem while checkup at the service center.

The drive shaft bearings have a cut(on both sides) and there's oil leaking from them.
Result:Khad Khad sound while going on uneven roads!
Cost:7k

Now that begs the question:Isn't it premature for such a thing to happen?

The worst part is the SA guys are denying warranty.
Yes,agreed that it is a wear-tear part but still 20K is pretty poor especially keeping in mind that this car was always driven around cautiously and 100% in the city!
racerme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 21:31   #6498
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Filled up diesel for Rs.600, 13.12 litres.

Usually DTE rises instantly with FE indicator as it is being filled, but now it remained static and DTE stuck at 175. Then as i was waiting to check air, it rose gradually. As needle touched half talk, then DTE changed to 320 with needle still rising.

Finally after parking for half an hour, needle was just above half talk and DTE at 425.

Why i am describing this is, earlier when diesel is being filled, DTE and needle reflects actual diesel filled.

Weird.

However, calculated FE as 425-175 / 13.12 which is 19.05 kmph.

PS: i keep the engine running when filling.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 23:44   #6499
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 695
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
DTE is not a reliable method. I think the best way to calculate FE is tank full to tank full method. In this, you set the refueller to auto stop everytime you fill. This might not ensure that the tank is filled to the brims. But this is a datum which you know will not shift by shaking. So each time you fill you know the distance travelled from the last time you filled to the same level. Further it's simple maths
I agree, DTE is not necessarily the best way since its a not a linear number and changes. full tank to full tank is most accurate way for getting efficiency as long as its same pump with autocut to get consistent stopping point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerme? View Post
It's been 20k on the board and my Figo's at the service center getting rejuvenated.Apart from the regualr servicing I have come to know of a major suspension problem while checkup at the service center.

The drive shaft bearings have a cut(on both sides) and there's oil leaking from them.
Result:Khad Khad sound while going on uneven roads!
Cost:7k

Now that begs the question:Isn't it premature for such a thing to happen?

The worst part is the SA guys are denying warranty.
Yes,agreed that it is a wear-tear part but still 20K is pretty poor especially keeping in mind that this car was always driven around cautiously and 100% in the city!
Definitely seems early for this kind of problem unless your car has gone through lot of abuse and bad roads. Might be work contacting ford India over this one if dealer does not agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Filled up diesel for Rs.600, 13.12 litres.

Usually DTE rises instantly with FE indicator as it is being filled, but now it remained static and DTE stuck at 175. Then as i was waiting to check air, it rose gradually. As needle touched half talk, then DTE changed to 320 with needle still rising.

Finally after parking for half an hour, needle was just above half talk and DTE at 425.

Why i am describing this is, earlier when diesel is being filled, DTE and needle reflects actual diesel filled.

Weird.

However, calculated FE as 425-175 / 13.12 which is 19.05 kmph.

PS: i keep the engine running when filling.
Ramzsys, there has been a discussion earlier on this thread on this topic. You need to switch off your engine with ignition key turned off while fueling to get accurate reading after filling. DOnt remem the details but keeping engine running does not refresh your reading or something. Been reported by many members. just search through.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:23   #6500
BHPian
 
dhinchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Ramzsys, there has been a discussion earlier on this thread on this topic. You need to switch off your engine with ignition key turned off while fueling to get accurate reading after filling. DOnt remem the details but keeping engine running does not refresh your reading or something. Been reported by many members. just search through.
Yes, I have also faced a similar issue once. I did not start the Engine, but just stopped the key at the final position (one turn before cranking) while the car was still being fuelled and the DTE reading and the Fuel needle did not move any further. It also showed very random behavior till the time I emptied the tank again and refuelled again.
dhinchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 21:22   #6501
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: roaming
Posts: 134
Thanked: 14 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerme? View Post
It's been 20k on the board and my Figo's at the service center getting rejuvenated.Apart from the regualr servicing I have come to know of a major suspension problem while checkup at the service center.

The drive shaft bearings have a cut(on both sides) and there's oil leaking from them.
Result:Khad Khad sound while going on uneven roads!
Cost:7k

Now that begs the question:Isn't it premature for such a thing to happen?

The worst part is the SA guys are denying warranty.
Yes,agreed that it is a wear-tear part but still 20K is pretty poor especially keeping in mind that this car was always driven around cautiously and 100% in the city!
My FIGO titanium D has done 23K and is 13 months old, I too noticed some noise from the front wheels on a recent trip to Jaipur/Ajmer, went to F.A.S.S. gurgaon and had a test drive taken, the problem diagnosed - wheel bearings have dried out and need to be replaced, I said fine, do it, ALAS, they are not giving any warranty and state this is normal wear'n' tear . I've kept many cars in the past and currently still have 3 including the FIGO, but no such problems have ever cropped up, especially when your car is just 13 month old (I've had the Indigo for almost 3.5 years too with out any problems!) do I accept it as a fact or do I push up a couple of emails to FORD higher up.?
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 21:39   #6502
BHPian
 
DevilsCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 538
Thanked: 464 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
do I accept it as a fact or do I push up a couple of emails to FORD higher up.?
No, don't accept it. Wheel bearings are covered under warranty. See this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ire-noise.html (Excessive Tire Noise).

If you complain at the Ford company, action will be swift. It was in so in my case (my Figo had scratch on windscreen during delivery).
DevilsCry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 00:08   #6503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

How can one go about escalating an issue to the Ford Company. I was suggested 'Facebook' but couldn't get a reply.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 02:05   #6504
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,155
Thanked: 5,029 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
How can one go about escalating an issue to the Ford Company. I was suggested 'Facebook' but couldn't get a reply.
I remember seeing some one writing to the CEOs office via email. It was in one of the endeavour thread. Please check for it.

Edit::

Please do cross check the email id with the members.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-promptly.html (ASC woes: MPL Ford - Chennai *Update* Ford acts promptly)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1702792 (Address, Email, Toll free nos of Automobile Manufacturers in India.)

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th April 2012 at 02:10.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 16:15   #6505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabadi.
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Solved! My FIGO's issues with front suspension (drive shaft etc.) have been dealt with accordingly.

A quick email had done the trick.Dealer has agreed to replace them for free.

Ford's commitment to the customer has to be lauded here.Swift-Highly responsive!
racerme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 19:38   #6506
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
great to know Revy that your 2yr old car is aging and treating you well. Avg of 16 in city is very good considering Bangalore's traffic. My new figo is currently giving around 14 in Bangalore, i am hoping it will improve after 1st 2 services. Did you see an increase in avg engine run in etc?
supertinu : Yes, me too started with around 14 and after about 2K on the Odo, mileage got improved.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 19:47   #6507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 231
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
But I do agree with you Revy though, It's a VFM car and I'm quite happy with it.
Yes ! That's where Figo scores, VFM as a total package, though it may not be leader in many aspects. Of course, handling and drivability is excellent, I would rate it at top among peers. One of my friend bought a VW Polo recently. Last month, he had a long drive along with me in my Figo and he was too impressed and felt whether the premium he paid for a Polo is really worth
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 13:47   #6508
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 695
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Yes ! That's where Figo scores, VFM as a total package, though it may not be leader in many aspects. Of course, handling and drivability is excellent, I would rate it at top among peers. One of my friend bought a VW Polo recently. Last month, he had a long drive along with me in my Figo and he was too impressed and felt whether the premium he paid for a Polo is really worth
Satisfying experience reading this
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 01:29   #6509
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
supertinu : Yes, me too started with around 14 and after about 2K on the Odo, mileage got improved.
what is the improved mileage Revy? hwta FE you currently get in City/ Highway for figo. Mine seems to be giving around 15 in highway like roads of Mangalore (1000 kms done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Satisfying experience reading this
yeah, I too feel same.I loved VW Polo and really wanted to buy it. But the premium i am going to pay just for looks and brand was too much. So kind of half minded when i bought Figo but every time i drive it and recall money i paid for , i really feel that i have well spent my money by buying a Figo.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:33   #6510
BHPian
 
muke31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My Figo TDCi, 22K in ODO
last time i got about 17kmpl on highway, i was constantly hitting 140 and this looks like a good mileage considering the speed it was driven.


-AM
muke31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks