Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 12:20   #6631
BHPian
 
M5_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 99
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu
All, I have this alignment behavior on my car for which I need some feedback based on your experience. On my Figo I notice that my car doesnt have a neutral steering behavior, it has a tendency to drift to the left. I understand that its normal cause road will always have a incline to the left, but somehow it seems more than just normal . My observation is that when I leave the steering wheel the car goes straight for 5-10 sec after which it drifts left. As per dealership its normal behavior and if alignment is off, it would instantly drift left and they checked it as well. Same behavior on my Ikon is lot more neutral. The car continues straight for long duration before the left drift happens and I rarely need to make any corrections on the steering wheel. Thoughts?
Since it takes 5-10 sec for the car to start moving towards the left, hence there is no alignment problem with the car. If it starts immediately then there is an alignment problem with the car.
M5_fan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 13:21   #6632
BHPian
 
whitelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kolhapur
Posts: 202
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I too faced this issue after 10K service at which tyre rotation, alignment and balancing was done. Just a day before this I tested neutral behaviour on pune mumbai express way at speed of 100+ car was moving in straight line for much longer time. Immediately after service before delivery I requested trial drive to see whether all job is done properly or not then on NH4 at speed of 40/60 car was drifting at will to left or right. I pointed to SA but he attributed to fast blowing wind and when I insisted he took me to Manager and Manger politely requested me to
take delivery and have trial for 2/3 days then come back if problem persists he will do the repairs free of cost. (a nice way to postpone the trouble). Ofcourse after that I didn't found time to visit *** and still drifting exists.

I am also interested in Knowing whether this is normal behaviour or Not. It may please be noted that while driving I dont feel any extra pressure on either hand but if both hands are off steering then it drifts to either left or right with in short period than earlier.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 17:04   #6633
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 741
Thanked: 460 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The problem reported here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2763784) has been solved today. The sound was traced to the beam adjustment motor on the right side headlamp which went kaput. The entire headlamp assembly was replaced free of charge (part worth Rs. ~1915).
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 01:36   #6634
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

just wrote this email to ford. let me wait and watch what is thier response. Really tired of driving Figo without knowing what is the actual rpm. Tacho omission from EXI is a real bad thing Ford has done :( So thought of reporting it to them.

Quote:
Hi,

I had bought a Figo Diesel EXI couple of months back. going through the owner manual i found that the engine RPM should be below 3,000 rpm before first 5K kilometers. Now tell me how do i measure rpm in the EXI model. You guys have removed this basic and necessary component from the EXI version. Come on, you can surely fit the tacho in all model. Dont try to add it as special accessory in ZXI and Titanium.

now how do you expect me to get the rpm of car without the tacho meter? who is responsible for incorrect run in when you say later "during initial 5000 kilometers car was driven erratically hence you are facing this issue currently"? by removing tachometer so do you indirectly tell EXI and LXI owners that the run in for your car is a gamble, just listen to engine sound and guess the engine RPM?

I am eagerly waiting for that magical trick of guessing RPM based on engine sound. Could you kindly share the secrets?

Thank You (for the C pillar squeaking car with candle light like headlamps)

Last edited by recshenoy : 16th May 2012 at 01:38.
recshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 07:02   #6635
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Hi .. I too have bought the exi and am missing the rpm meter. I agree with the headlight description but the fog lamps make that bearable ( i opted for them at delivery). You missed the single horn! My house is situated in an area where people rear goats at home. They are all invariably on the road all day and don't even budge with this single horn. I give them a small nudge and they move. I have fitted roots windtone on my other car , a Swift Vdi but the service engineer says not to be done on a Figo . Any suggestions ??
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 11:16   #6636
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Hi .. I too have bought the exi and am missing the rpm meter. I agree with the headlight description but the fog lamps make that bearable ( i opted for them at delivery). You missed the single horn! My house is situated in an area where people rear goats at home. They are all invariably on the road all day and don't even budge with this single horn. I give them a small nudge and they move. I have fitted roots windtone on my other car , a Swift Vdi but the service engineer says not to be done on a Figo . Any suggestions ??
there has been lot of discussion on horns earlier in this thread, including bunch of them started by me . Please search and you will find your answer.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 22:23   #6637
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
just wrote this email to ford. let me wait and watch what is thier response. Really tired of driving Figo without knowing what is the actual rpm. Tacho omission from EXI is a real bad thing Ford has done :( So thought of reporting it to them.
Whom did you send?. I would be surprised if you get a reasonable answer.
One can easily get accustomed to non-tacho driving by doing early shifts and drive at 45km in 4th gear and 60km in 5th gear. After the engine has done 5k, 5th gear can be engaged at 55km.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 01:47   #6638
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Whom did you send?. I would be surprised if you get a reasonable answer.
One can easily get accustomed to non-tacho driving by doing early shifts and drive at 45km in 4th gear and 60km in 5th gear. After the engine has done 5k, 5th gear can be engaged at 55km.
I have sent mail to custmail@ford.com. Checked my mailbox now, no reply as of. Let me wait and watch. Actually i am accustomed to tacho less driving. Also i sat in my friends Figo ZXI diesel and confirmed the engine rpms while driving Figo normally on highways and inside city. Just wanted an official clarification from Ford about omission of tachometer from EXI and LXI and for the statement in the owners manual "run below 3,000 rpm before 5K kilometers".

Some one suggested me to start car in "test mode" which can help display the current rpm in DTE display panel. Let me give it a try this weekend.

You have mentioned that 5th gear can be engage at 60kmph but when i try to do i get engine lugging kind of vibration. Only if i rev the car to certain rpm (which is unknown) from 4th gear and then change to 60 then car revvs happily, And moment speed drops below 60 kmph it starts lugging again. This i really irritating when the traffic around you moves at 60-70 kmph and stops or slows down frequently . Whenever there is a slowdown in traffic, i need to downshift and as soon as flow starts then again upshift. When i compare with my petrol zen i feel this frequent gear changes kind of irritating. Is this normal with all figo diesels?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 12:00   #6639
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy

I have sent mail to custmail@ford.com. Checked my mailbox now, no reply as of. Let me wait and watch. Actually i am accustomed to tacho less driving. Also i sat in my friends Figo ZXI diesel and confirmed the engine rpms while driving Figo normally on highways and inside city. Just wanted an official clarification from Ford about omission of tachometer from EXI and LXI and for the statement in the owners manual "run below 3,000 rpm before 5K kilometers".

Some one suggested me to start car in "test mode" which can help display the current rpm in DTE display panel. Let me give it a try this weekend.

You have mentioned that 5th gear can be engage at 60kmph but when i try to do i get engine lugging kind of vibration. Only if i rev the car to certain rpm (which is unknown) from 4th gear and then change to 60 then car revvs happily, And moment speed drops below 60 kmph it starts lugging again. This i really irritating when the traffic around you moves at 60-70 kmph and stops or slows down frequently . Whenever there is a slowdown in traffic, i need to downshift and as soon as flow starts then again upshift. When i compare with my petrol zen i feel this frequent gear changes kind of irritating. Is this normal with all figo diesels?
I normally shift to 5th between 50~55. The car pulls without any effort even when the speed falls below 40 in 5th gear.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 12:53   #6640
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels

I normally shift to 5th between 50~55. The car pulls without any effort even when the speed falls below 40 in 5th gear.
thanks for the input. How much your car has run?

I just cant afford to take my car below say 50-55kmph and expect it to run smoothly without changing gear to 4th. Any thing to be checked in my car? It has run 2000 kilo meters as of last week. Any one else face similar drivability in figo diesel?

Thanks

Last edited by recshenoy : 17th May 2012 at 12:54.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 15:26   #6641
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,342
Thanked: 187 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
You have mentioned that 5th gear can be engage at 60kmph but when i try to do i get engine lugging kind of vibration.Whenever there is a slowdown in traffic, i need to downshift and as soon as flow starts then again upshift. When i compare with my petrol zen i feel this frequent gear changes kind of irritating. Is this normal with all figo diesels?
If you feel lugging, then shift to 5th after your reach 65kmph. Nothing wrong. Always better not to lug the new engine. Modern diesels are better, and you can comfortably drive between 3rd (@ 30) and 4th (@40) in the city. Petrol engines are different and i think it is just question of time, that you become comfortable without Tacho.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 18:39   #6642
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
thanks for the input. How much your car has run?

I just cant afford to take my car below say 50-55kmph and expect it to run smoothly without changing gear to 4th. Any thing to be checked in my car? It has run 2000 kilo meters as of last week. Any one else face similar drivability in figo diesel?

Thanks
It is a brand new car with just 200Kms on the odo.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 19:12   #6643
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 741
Thanked: 460 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I just cant afford to take my car below say 50-55kmph and expect it to run smoothly without changing gear to 4th. Any thing to be checked in my car? It has run 2000 kilo meters as of last week. Any one else face similar drivability in figo diesel?
I almost never go to 5th inside Bangalore city traffic. I usually watch my tacho and keep the engine at or above 1500rpm. My Figo is 13800 Km old. It's always better to keep the engine speed around the mark where it makes the peak torque. For me, 50-55 kmph is a good enough speed to engage the 5th cog if the traffic allows me to do that, but below 50 kmph, I shift down so as to keep the engine on the boil.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 11:44   #6644
Newbie
 
Maelstrom_83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 18
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

^^^ I usually shift to 5th at around 60 kmph. Anything less and I feel the engine lugging. Also, I normally shift at 2000rpm (shifting seems comfortable at this rpm).
---
However, I do face issues while downshifting to 2nd. When I go over an unusually large speed-breaker and the car is still in motion, I find it difficult to regain momentum without having to engage the 1st gear. If i continue in the 2nd and slip clutch (half-clutch), I feel the engine lugging; so i'm forced to engage the 1st gear while coming off the hump. Is this normal behaviour for the TDCI or is it an issue with my 'clutching' ???

M_83
Maelstrom_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 12:09   #6645
BHPian
 
kart19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 42
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Since the monsoons are fast approaching and this is gonna be my first with my figo, I was wondering if there is anything specific to the car I should get it done or take care of before the monsoons come. Mine is a Nov 2011 tdci with 7K on the odo. I have not done anything other than under body coating. Thx in advance.
kart19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 869 6th December 2016 10:20
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks