Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 23:27   #6676
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 406
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
When I turn the Headlight switch ON, I am able to feel something from the engine cabin which gives you an illusion that the lamps put on an extra load on some mechanical part.

Same thing happens when you use the high beam flasher on the indicator stalk. Anybody experiencing the same?

Is that normal?
Can you be specific, what exactly you feel inside engine cabin? I haven't experience anything of this kind. but it sounds like some loose connection which might sooner ends with burned fuse. Get it to SC.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 00:11   #6677
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,312
Thanked: 3,643 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
When I turn the Headlight switch ON, I am able to feel something from the engine cabin which gives you an illusion that the lamps put on an extra load on some mechanical part.

Same thing happens when you use the high beam flasher on the indicator stalk. Anybody experiencing the same?

Is that normal?
Hi Warwithwheels,

Its quite normal. The extra load is put on the alternator, and it is the same for every car. You can feel it only when you observe closely, like while idling quietly.

Same thing happens when you flash, both dim and bright filaments glow, putting additional load on the alternator. This is normal for all cars, but in some, its pronounced.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 11:10   #6678
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Warwithwheels,

Its quite normal. The extra load is put on the alternator, and it is the same for every car. You can feel it only when you observe closely, like while idling quietly.

Same thing happens when you flash, both dim and bright filaments glow, putting additional load on the alternator. This is normal for all cars, but in some, its pronounced.
Exactly dhanushs, I can feel it only when the car is idling, not when it is being driven. I've got 100/90 on the figo, do you think its quite too much for the car's alternator to handle? Apart from the headlamp, everything else remains stock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Can you be specific, what exactly you feel inside engine cabin? I haven't experience anything of this kind. but it sounds like some loose connection which might sooner ends with burned fuse. Get it to SC.
Sorry for not being very specific. Dhanushs has explained the phenomenon pretty well. I don't think it could be a case of loose connection.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 26th May 2012 at 11:11.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 13:03   #6679
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,312
Thanked: 3,643 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Exactly dhanushs, I can feel it only when the car is idling, not when it is being driven. I've got 100/90 on the figo, do you think its quite too much for the car's alternator to handle? Apart from the headlamp, everything else remains stock.
Warwithwheels, 100/90 should be just fine. Infact, even in stock bulbs you can feel this phenomenon.

When the current through the circuit increases, it automatically increases the magnetic field in the alternator, which inturn puts additional load on the pulleys, which loads up the engine, and hence the feeling. The ECU compensates for this loss and maintains idle rpm.

I know a Figo which runs two lightforce fogs, a massive sub-woofer and some cool interior lighting, with absolutely no issues.. So, your 100/90 upgrade should be just fine.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 20:12   #6680
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 642
Thanked: 844 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
What degree of rattle is acceptable rattle?
=======
Thanks in advance!
Mine is at level 0. There had been squeaks after around two months of purchase. Had taken it to Metro Ford B'lore and the mechanic was spot on. He took few minutes and gone are the squeaks.Two years now and i must say its been a rattle free ride
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:16   #6681
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, any idea on what make is the Figo's OE oil filter & where in Delhi can I find it?
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 14:46   #6682
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

With the current hike in petrol prices i am looking to change over to a diesel and am confused between fiesta (classic) and figo. Not sure which thread to post on.
Request the experts to provide their opinion
macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 18:22   #6683
BHPian
 
M5_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 99
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth
With the current hike in petrol prices i am looking to change over to a diesel and am confused between fiesta (classic) and figo. Not sure which thread to post on.
Request the experts to provide their opinion
The fiesta classic is the better overall car but is pricey. So it all depends on your budget. The fiesta is more refined, has better ride, better handling, better effective ground clearance, better headlamps and also has a boot for your travel needs. Service costs for figo and fiesta classic are more or less the same.

Last edited by M5_fan : 30th May 2012 at 18:25.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 20:38   #6684
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 184 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, any help with this query please. The authorized SC does not have a provision of counter sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, any idea on what make is the Figo's OE oil filter & where in Delhi can I find it?
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 13:38   #6685
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,681
Thanked: 1,456 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The Ford Figo facelift has been spotted testing in Chennai. Link to ACI report:

Ford Figo facelift spy pics - News - Autocar India

Quote:
The Figo will get updated tail-lamps and front-end styling. It could resemble the Fiesta hatch that is sold in South America. The new Figo will get new paint-shades (speculated), & probably, there could be some changes in the interiors as well, with no changes in the engines.
I wish they install the 1.5L Fiesta engine in the same or offer VGT in the higher spec variants.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 15:52   #6686
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
The fiesta classic is the better overall car but is pricey. So it all depends on your budget. The fiesta is more refined, has better ride, better handling, better effective ground clearance, better headlamps and also has a boot for your travel needs..
Quite rightly said

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Service costs for figo and fiesta classic are more or less the same.
I have doubts on this one on a long-term basis. I recon, that Fiesta would end up being more expensive than the Figo. I own a Figo but not the Fiesta, maybe a comparative analysis would help here.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 18:44   #6687
BHPian
 
figo_mba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 473
Thanked: 208 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth
With the current hike in petrol prices i am looking to change over to a diesel and am confused between fiesta (classic) and figo. Not sure which thread to post on.
Request the experts to provide their opinion
Both fiesta classic and figo are based in the dame platform.. The fiesta is more refined.but dynamics wise I think figo is better. you van call the current fiesta classic a figo with a boot.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 18:53   #6688
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

I sent my new figo for her first service (2.5k). Talked to the service advisor about the single horn being inadequate. He says there is a Ford authorized accessory dual horn kit with relay , wiring and Roots vibrosonic horns for Rs . 2500/- labour + taxes = 3200/-. The car, however needs to stay back overnight. Will know tomorrow if the horns make a difference to hundreds of goats in my locality.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 23:52   #6689
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange
I sent my new figo for her first service (2.5k). Talked to the service advisor about the single horn being inadequate.
2.5K? sounds little expensive rite. How much would it cost if you fit after market horn, I guess horn is not so expensive.

I am also going for first service tomorrow. Any thing to be taken care or a normal service? Have you requested for oil change, what was Service Advisers opinion after checking current oil.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 00:01   #6690
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,908
Thanked: 1,904 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I sent my new figo for her first service (2.5k). Talked to the service advisor about the single horn being inadequate. He says there is a Ford authorized accessory dual horn kit with relay , wiring and Roots vibrosonic horns for Rs . 2500/- labour + taxes = 3200/-. The car, however needs to stay back overnight. Will know tomorrow if the horns make a difference to hundreds of goats in my locality.
Roots Vibrasonic is quite a loud set of horns.
Its actually worth for the highways and good when fixed on the outside like the Jeeps and Amby's.
Obviosuly on a Figo, you cant. Hopefully it does not sound like the horn is fixed inside the car when used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
2.5K? sounds little expensive rite. How much would it cost if you fit after market horn, I guess horn is not so expensive.
I guess he meant it was actually working out of 3.2k, which is expnesive since it is a A.S.S doing it

Last edited by tharian : 2nd June 2012 at 00:02. Reason: changing quotes
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 month old Ford Figo DCT: Battery dead 7 times! An ordeal with Bhagat Ford & Ford India Night Raven Technical Stuff 27 20th September 2016 16:25
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 863 15th August 2016 14:07
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 719 9th November 2015 03:04
Supposed spyshots of next gen Ford Figo surface JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 73 13th February 2015 14:43
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 sameerg001 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 9th June 2014 02:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks