Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th July 2012, 19:27   #6916
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@NFS 1980: the days of rebuilding engines are long gone. Current generation cars are so hi-tech that when you go for a engine rebuild (after 300000kms or so), they do a half engine block replacement.
Engines are rebuilt only on the race track and restorers of classics.
And A.S.S mechanics are to be lauded if they can change the spare tyre.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 21:00   #6917
BHPian

Dinesh, when i took delivery of my car, i didn't like the "space" that exists between the glass and body, the one located above the fuel tank cup, i don't remember whats its called. I had concern about anyone sliding a metal pipe through that to break open rear door, i logged a call with ford india and i did a quick response from chennai with details on why n why not thats a problem. I happen to be only 2nd person who found that odd but was happily addressed. You case seems to have all the bad turns which seems little odd. But hey why not let us use the TBHP power, put a petition online and we all will sigh it up for ya on top of it may be some TBHP power houses in your region and backup your claims, then i am sure this can reach upto ford india mgmt!!
NFS_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 21:02   #6918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
The problem is not with Bhavna Ford. I started utilizing their services from January 2012.. before that I used to service/diagnose/repair my car only at Wasan Ford, Deonar.

It must be also noted that, It is not the dealership who I have found to mischievous in most cases, but FORD INDIA itself.. They keep on making tall claims, and keep on making promises for rectification.

But simply do not accept that the car that they have sold is a LEMON resulting in lost of time, money, peace and harmony for me.

Pathetic car or company, I am confused. But I am going nuts.

regards
I am sorry to hear your bad experience with your Figo, and I understand your , in trying to understand, isolate and fix the issue.
And I know that you have tried everything.

I have a crazy thought, can you check the fuel tank and the fuel delivery system for any leakages.

Hope this helps.
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 22:29   #6919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Did you change your stock tyres as well? If so which one?
I got MRF ZV 2K as stock and planning to go for Yoko A drives 175/65/14 or ES 100.
Does ES100 come with 175 profile? I donot want to upgrade 185 as it voids suspension warranty.
No. I am running on stock tires.

As per Michelin, 195/60 R14 section suits best for the Figo. Have a look http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...rd-figo-8.html

You may read other posts as well and decide accordingly.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 15:18   #6920
Senior - BHPian

195/60 would be good in terms of look. But a REAL "UPGRADE" would be 185/65.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 16:22   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
195/60 would be good in terms of look. But a REAL "UPGRADE" would be 185/65.
Actually the proper upgrade of 175/65 is 185/60. when the width increases profile comes down.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 16:33   #6922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Why dont you drive another Figo and check for the difference. That way i think you could convince the guys about the problem if it exists. One thing you could do is get your car to a reputed alignment shop. Ask them to check for any shake in the link rod/ bearings. They raise the car on a jack and try to shake the wheel with the hand. The wheel should not shake as if loosely fixed. If it does that is a problem you could specifically mention and show to the a.s.s. guys. If nothing is there get an alignment and balancing [front wheels would suffice] done and check for any changes.
Hi just an update.

I took the car to Premji's in Thane, authorised Michelin dealer and a well known name for anything to do with tyres, alignment etc. The mechanic who test drove the car didn't feel the steering was loose. Yes he felt the alignment was a bit off. Got balancing and alignment done. The front wheel alignment was indeed off as per the laser readings. BUT my problem still persists. Not sure how to explain this to anyone as there is nothing drastically wrong with the steering. But to someone who has driven the car regularly, the difference is obvious. I fear I might have to live with this as anyone not familiar with the car of FIGOs in general will find nothing wrong.

Will try taking it to another FORD A.S.S in Mumbai to see if someone there can diagnose the problem.
MorePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 18:56   #6923
BHPian

Get a TD of a different figo. This may solve your problem. There is also a faint chance that it may be your inner feeling that something went wrong after the incident, leading to lesser feedback even if everything is right.

After the TD, If you find a good difference between the TD car and your car, get your car checked thoroughly for any damage to steering components like torsion bar and the pinion etc.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 20th July 2012 at 18:57.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 19:40   #6924
BHPian

Infact that was exactly my feeling, thought this was all in my head. So just a few minutes ago TDed a Figo that belongs to someone in my building. And immediately I could feel the difference. To be doubly sure got the gentleman to drive my car and he too commented that the steering felt limp. Problem is the service centre guys don't think anything is wrong. Unless they accept there is a problem, there can't be a solution to this.
MorePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 23:30   #6925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower
Problem is the service centre guys don't think anything is wrong. Unless they accept there is a problem, there can't be a solution to this.
It would be better if you inform Ford India that the Service Centres are not acknowledging your problem. You can briefly write the problem you are facing and how the A.S.S responded to it.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 04:13   #6926
BHPian

Update Everyone !! Date 20/07/12

Just day before yesterday (18/07/2012) after confirming of getting 9KMPL for my ford figo diesel titanium after driving 80kms on mumbai pune expressway with speeds constant at 80kmph without AC and without stereo and headlights (crap) on a joint mileage test drive with FORD's SA (Umesh) under supervision of Mr Bhide and myself...

BHAVNA FORD and FORD representative Mr. Deepak called me today (20/07/12) to notify that the car is ready now for delivery and the low fuel efficiency issue is sorted out and in fact the car gave them mileage of 30KMPL. I asked how can they claim that the issue is rectified without conducting any tests and how come the figure is now so high for FE?

Mr Bhide (Bhavna Ford Service Head) and Deepak (Ford Presidents Desk) both replied saying that, In the earlier joint mileage test drive Mr. Umesh (FORD SA) did a mistake of driving car at 80KM/hr than ford prescribed 70KM/hr for such mileage drives and hence the figure of 9KMPL was obtained, BUT this time on (19/07/12) they conducted another test drive within their own circle (without notifying me) kept the speeds below 70km/hr while following earlier mentioned strict fuel test procedures and got FE of staggering 32KMPL!!

I didn't believe one word what these people said, but my heart wanted to believe it. I asked them why I was not called for such a drive, if it was conducted again? They replied it was not necessary to call me to their workshop (only 4kms away from my home) and just wanted to avoid unnecessary pain to me..

They said than the Joint Mileage Drive then can be conducted again after coming monday as they are busy attending other customers. I requested them to hand over the car to me yesterday evening so that At least I could do the test from my own end to verify their tall claims..

I got the car after 2hrs of wait outside my office standing stranded on the road for them to deliver my car. I was happy, but little doubtful over this tall claims too.

Got the car at 8pm. Finished all my work by 11pm. Filled diesel to full, checked Air Pressure and left with my dear friend 'Atul' for the self driven mileage test. Actually did 2 tests spanning 98kms each to get d idea of how car is behaving from mileage per-se for different driving conditions. So one was as per ford Specifications for mileage extraction communicated to me by Mr Deepak from Ford India and Mr. Bhide (bhavna ford service head) and other based on practical driving procedures that I have been executing over last 2yrs of driving.

Test Scenario 1: (ford spec)

Tank Full, Constant Speed of 70km/hr, 30psi across, No stereo, No Fog Lamps, No luggage, 2 people Onboard, No sudden acceleration, No overtaking, No lane cutting and many more..

I covered distance of 98.7kms wherein the car gulped down 8.30ltrs of fuel giving mileage of approx 12KMPL only, to and fro, on mumbai pune expressway till toll naka and then return. I was left shocked!

Test Scenario 2:

Tank full, 30psi, 3 people on board, no luggage, stereo on cd at volume 8, with headlights and fogs both switched on and 2 bottles of water, proper acceleration with proper overtaking procedures undertaken.

Again distance of 98.7kms was covered but at the speeds between 80kmph to 120kmph on d same mumbai pune expressway with no traffic at all.

Got mileage of 8KMPL. Felt like crying. Cried a lot. Hate that FORD people have stooped to such low levels.

What should I do. Don't want to sell d car and close the case. They have ruined 2yrs of my life, my sleep, my peace and also business for me.

Please TBHPians. Plz help...

Regard
Dinesh Malhotra
Ford Figo 1.4 diesel titanium Jun2010
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 08:56   #6927
Mik
BHPian

Dinesh, its heart breaking to see such indifference from Ford. I had almost zeroed in on the Ford Figo but now, seeing this attitude from Ford, am thinking twice. Have posted your link on the Ford India facebook page and have mailed to custmail@ford.com .

Regards,
Mikhail

Last edited by Mik : 21st July 2012 at 09:18.
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 10:00   #6928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
Dinesh, its heart breaking to see such indifference from Ford. I had almost zeroed in on the Ford Figo but now, seeing this attitude from Ford, am thinking twice. Have posted your link on the Ford India facebook page and have mailed to custmail@ford.com .

Regards,
Mikhail

His case seems like a one off case. The majority of the figo owners are happy with their cars. Also most of them are happy with the service and support staff.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 10:22   #6929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan

His case seems like a one off case. The majority of the figo owners are happy with their cars. Also most of them are happy with the service and support staff.
Its just a matter of time being till someone else gets a lemon in d name of Ford Figo. Or may be many might have already got it (lemon) , but do not know of a platform like TBHP to seek solutions.

Anyways I don't mind at all, if at all they are treating their other customers properly as they MuST.

But as some wise person has already said, "kill too many or kill just one, a life is a life, ended by you"

Regards
Dinesh Malhotra (wise person).

PS: I have seriously gone nuts. Don't understand what is it that is making me venture into d laughter club still.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 10:36   #6930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra

Its just a matter of time being till someone else gets a lemon in d name of Ford Figo. Or may be many might have already got it (lemon) , but do not know of a platform like TBHP to seek solutions.

Anyways I don't mind at all, if at all they are treating their other customers properly as they MuST.

But as some wise person has already said, "kill too many or kill just one, a life is a life, ended by you"

Regards
Dinesh Malhotra (wise person).

PS: I have seriously gone nuts. Don't understand what is it that is making me venture into d laughter club still.
It happens in all brands (more in some brands and less in others). We have plenty of examples from maruti, skoda, fiat, hyundai etc. on this forum along with many other forums.

Manufacturing defects occur even in top notch cars like aston martins, lamborghinis etc. and the jobof the company is to acknowledge this and give you a new car.

A similar kind of thing that has happened to you happened to a millionaire in China after he bought a Lamborghini. Ultimately he did a public-execution of his car in a city center where 1000s of people filmed it and put it on you tube.

Last edited by M5_fan : 21st July 2012 at 10:39.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote